Author Topic: Sniper Power Changes?  (Read 2527 times)

Tater Todd

• Underling
Sniper Power Changes?
« on: April 23, 2019, 05:34:29 AM »
It's been a long time and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't there changes to all sniper powers in the game?  I thought the changes to sniper powers made Snipes easier to use during active combat?

Tater Todd

• Underling
Re: Sniper Power Changes?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 09:22:39 AM »
Derp, I found it.

Changes to Blasters and ranged attack Power Sets:

Snipe powers (such as Blazing Bolt and Sniper Blast) will lose the long, interruptable wind-up when the character has at least a 22% To Hit buff.
        Ranged attack sets without Snipe powers (Dual Pistols, Ice Blast, Sonic Attack, and Water Blast) will be looked at to ensure they remain competitive after the Snipe change. Dual Pistols, specifically, will have some of its animation times shortened to increase its damage per activation time in addition to other mechanical improvements.

This was a change that was going to be Launched with issue 24.

ricodah

• Boss
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 06:57:33 PM »
I was looking forward to the snipe change. Played around with some builds on Mids'. It seemed really strong.

Also good to see you're still around TT. We were a part of the same stalker SG near the final 6 months of the game.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
This change would have made devices insanely good, that targeting drone + was crazy.

Made ar/dev less of a meme.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2019, 07:51:16 PM »
This change would have made devices insanely good, that targeting drone + was crazy.

Made ar/dev less of a meme.

#pre-edproblems?

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »
I was looking forward to the snipe change. Played around with some builds on Mids'. It seemed really strong.

Also good to see you're still around TT. We were a part of the same stalker SG near the final 6 months of the game.

I played that on I24 before the shutdown.  It had a huge impact on game play.

Waffles

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 08:47:26 PM »

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:56 PM »
I just remember everyone having a little used ar or archery/ devices from back when they'd 6 slot damage in attacks and used targeting drone to make them hit.

Tater Todd

• Underling
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2019, 06:02:00 PM »

It's stupid strong but it's necessary I think.  I remember a lot of Classes were edging close to a Blasters damage but with more survivability and it was getting to the point people were asking why should you bother rolling a blaster when you could make a Scrapper, Controller or Dominator for example.  The Devs realized that everyone was running Archery and AR because the lack of crash and they were skipping Nukes.  I wished the game didn't shut down when it did.  I would of loved to see how others would react to the resurgence of blasters.

Thank you Ricodah.  I saw your username before on this site and I couldn't for the life of me remember how I knew you.  That makes sense that it was the Stalker guild.  I had too many Stalkers and Stealthy Banes to count haha.  Hell, I'm working on remaking them as we speak.  If you ever get in another Stalker SG let me know.