Author Topic: CoH Faces Retired  (Read 27093 times)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
CoH Faces Retired
« on: April 27, 2019, 05:40:46 PM »
Today we took the CoH Faces site offline. Titan Staff has been discussing the possible retirement of the site for years due to very low traffic on the site, challenges in moderating its content, and an increasing aversion to hosting so much personal identifying data. However, it was recently brought to our attention that the site could be used for doxxing. Given the current tensions in some parts of the community, we decided to be proactive to protect our users by immediately bringing the site offline.

On behalf of the Titan Network, I apologize to our users for the lack of any advance notice on this action. We felt that member safety was too important to wait and give notice.

metalb00

• Underling
Re: CoH Faces Retired
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 12:59:33 AM »
darn and i was trying to log in and update mine a few days ago, completely understandable tho

MikosKitty

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 02:11:20 PM »
So sad that this is no longer available now that another (will not say) company resurrected a beloved game recently.  Thank you for sharing what was once ours.

Midnyte

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 03:37:27 AM »
Wow, just came on here to find an old friend to see if he is still playing and found this. It's sad but I guess unavoidable. Thank you for leaving the message for us to find.

Motty2015

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2020, 10:26:56 AM »
With City of heroes Homecoming now a thing is there a chance a new Coh Faces could be made maybe? Hopefully?  :)

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2021, 03:42:00 AM »
Not from the Titan Network, I would suspect. You would want to inquire at the CoH server of your choice about a CoH faces style thing for that particular server.
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame