Author Topic: Avengers: Endgame  (Read 17270 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Avengers: Endgame
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
Canon would be Bucky, then Steve again, then Sam. But yeah he could be interesting as cap in the movie continuity.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
Canon would be Bucky, then Steve again, then Sam. But yeah he could be interesting as cap in the movie continuity.

Especially since he is just a regular guy that has those wings. Would he have the strength and ability to even use the shield properly?

Sure he has combat training but he has no special abilities like Steve had from the serum.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2019, 05:44:30 AM »
Finally got to see this today.  There was some great stuff in it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as Infinity War.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And I'm not sure it was meant to be enjoyed as much.  It started out on a somber note, proceeded at a somewhat lethargic pace, and largely maintained that somber tone throughout. Even the look was dull and desaturated (with purpose).  And it all existed as a slow build to an epic battle tinged with sadness - I've a vague notion to call it Wagner-esque.  Now for some specific bits and bobs:

I didn't care for Banner's voice coming out of the Hulk.  It seemed like it should be deeper.  Loved that we got that version of the character, though.

The girl power moment was cheesy and contrived but I loved it.

I often don't notice product placement even when people say it's blatant in a film, but what is it with these movies and Audi?

One wonders about Cap not being worthy previously.  Was that one really a Skrull filling in?  Or perhaps Cap felt Mjolnir start to move and then pretended not to be able to lift it so as not to elevate himself above the others.  In any case, his moment of worthiness here was brilliant.

I nearly cheered for Thanos' farm.

I was really hoping Nebula would use the Gauntlet to stop Thanos.  I could see where they were going, but I still kept hoping.

I look forward to Asgardians of the Galaxy vol. 3.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2019, 02:16:52 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I tend to think Cap started to lift it and then pretended he couldn't so not to make a scene.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2019, 12:07:37 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
I tend to think Cap started to lift it and then pretended he couldn't so not to make a scene.

In the comics it was a big deal when he did it. Not many other people can.

therain93

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »
Finally got to see this today.  There was some great stuff in it, but I didn't enjoy it as much as Infinity War.

Spoiler for Hidden:
And I'm not sure it was meant to be enjoyed as much.  It started out on a somber note, proceeded at a somewhat lethargic pace, and largely maintained that somber tone throughout. Even the look was dull and desaturated (with purpose).  And it all existed as a slow build to an epic battle tinged with sadness - I've a vague notion to call it Wagner-esque.  Now for some specific bits and bobs:

I didn't care for Banner's voice coming out of the Hulk.  It seemed like it should be deeper.  Loved that we got that version of the character, though.

The girl power moment was cheesy and contrived but I loved it.

I often don't notice product placement even when people say it's blatant in a film, but what is it with these movies and Audi?

One wonders about Cap not being worthy previously.  Was that one really a Skrull filling in?  Or perhaps Cap felt Mjolnir start to move and then pretended not to be able to lift it so as not to elevate himself above the others.  In any case, his moment of worthiness here was brilliant.

I nearly cheered for Thanos' farm.

I was really hoping Nebula would use the Gauntlet to stop Thanos.  I could see where they were going, but I still kept hoping.

I look forward to Asgardians of the Galaxy vol. 3.

Likewise,  I finally just saw this (tough to do with a newborn, but my wife and I managed to sneak away for a matinee with only 3 other couples in the theater.... was great).

But, yes,  my wife and I were chatting and I admit that I loved infinity war slightly more,  but that doesn't detract from how good endgame was, especially tying up so many things over 10 years.  My wife's point was that infinity war seemed to skew more toward action whereas endgame was drama-heavy.

I pretty much agree with all of the above that I quoted.
Spoiler for Hidden:
  I loved that Cap got to wield Mjolnir and that Thor cheered him on ("I knew it!!").  In Ultron, maybe Cap had that moment where he was about to succeed,  realized it,  then pride made him fumble it ("oh $@#%, I think I can pick it up") and it dropped back in place. At least in my head,  that is more reasonable than him spontaneously deciding to fake not being able to lift it. )

Not a fan of Sam as the new Cap, just because he literally is a guy with mechanical wings, but I understand the story arc.

I see potential for another cap movie just returning the stones,  if Chris Evan's needs a cash infusion at some point.

I didn't get to see Captain Marvel, but she seemed like such a disposable character here.

I was prepared to leave the MCU after endgame due to fatigue,  but suggestions of the next big bad have me curious [/font]
Spoiler for Hidden:
Norman Osborn
@Texarkana - March 5, 2004 - December 1, 2012 -- Imageshack |-| Youtube
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You don't know what it's like.... |-| Book One. Chapter one...

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2019, 06:59:46 PM »
I was thinking - 2023 Nebula gets part of her arm burned off getting the stone from the vault in 2014.

Rhodes was there and saw that.

He poofs back to 2023, she gets stuck behind and captured by 2014 Thanos.

2014 Nebula takes the gold plate off 2023 Nebula to pretend to be her.

She poofs back to 2023 and the way things were set up she returns the same time as everyone else.

Rhodes does not notice that her arm that was burned off was is just fine all of a sudden?

And also come to think of it - isn't the 2023 Nebula arm more metallic anyway, and 2014 Nebula's is not, and not one person noticed that either?

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 11:21:35 PM »
It sure took me long enough to realize this.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Gaining possession of the soul stone requires the sacrifice of the one you love the most. I have the distinct impression that Laura and the kids were keeping Clint and Nat apart. Whether or not they acted on it during the five-year absence, I won't guess at.
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.