Author Topic: Wanted: HTTP mirrors for Tequila  (Read 9614 times)

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Wanted: HTTP mirrors for Tequila
« on: April 28, 2019, 02:59:26 AM »
Hello all,

While some players are downloading the game files using BitTorrent or file sharing hosts, the vast majority are using Tequila (or Island Rum) to download everything from scratch. Those mirrors were set up for Paragon Chat and never meant to handle the amount of traffic that is currently directed their way; they just can't keep up with the demand. We already lost a couple of mirrors due to bandwidth exhaustion. The remaining ones are barely keeping up, resulting in very slow transfers.

We need more mirrors for the game files, ASAP. The host needs to be accessible via HTTP, since some of the patchers don't like HTTPS.

The list of all the game files that Tequila tries to download is here: https://pastebin.com/Ww67Ne48

The short version is: cityofheroes.exe, Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest, THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.txt, version.ini, *.dll, and the folders piggs/ and qt_plugins/ with the folder structure intact.

If you have an HTTP host that can hold 4.5GB of files and has a few spare TBs of transfer to use, please, mirror the files and either PM me or post a link to the base URL. I'll verify that the files are there and add your mirror to the manifest.

The more mirrors, the better. Tequila picks a host at random for each file it downloads, so there is not a hard cap to how many mirrors we can have. Every single extra mirror will help spread the load and make things better for everyone.

Thanks in advance.

DocBray

• Underling
Re: Wanted: HTTP mirrors for Tequila
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 09:42:13 AM »
Let me check what our servers bandwidth limit is... but we should actually be able to accommodate some for a while. At least a couple thousand DLs

Want me to just pull these files from an current install?

EDIT: *braces for impact*
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 11:06:55 AM by DocBray »

Leandro

• Elite Boss
Re: Wanted: HTTP mirrors for Tequila
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 12:35:49 AM »
Thanks to DocBray and four others that contacted me privately, we are now up to 10 mirrors for most of the game files. That should spread the load around somewhat. I'm still taking more mirrors if anyone can provide them; word of mouth about the Homecoming servers is still spreading.