Community > General Discussion

What can we do with our old character XML files?

(1/3) > >>

jderouen:
What exactly is stored in those XML files we saved our characters to when CoH went down in 2012? Costumes? Origin stories? How do we access them? (I know we can't use them to completely revive our old characters)

Thanks!

GuyPerfect:
The XML files exported with Sentinel+ are snapshots of your character's data. It captures nearly everything of interest regarding a character, with hopes that one day it could be used to produce a carbon copy on a new game server.

The following information is recorded in those XMLs:
[*]Global handle
[*]Server
[*]Character Name
[*]Title
[*]Description/bio
[*]Origin
[*]Archetype
[*]Alignment
[*]Dimension (originally Primal or Praetorian)
[*]Influence/Infamy/Information
[*]XP
[*]All costumes
[*]All builds: their powers, Enhancements, slots and all associated levels
[*]All inventory capacities
[*]Salvage inventory
[*]Vault inventory
[*]Enhancements inventory
[*]Recipes inventory
[*]Inspirations inventory
[*]Incarnate Ability inventory
[*]Temporary powers inventory
[*]Badges
[/list]

jderouen:
Is there a way to access the bio/description, costume, etc now? I mean, other than parsing through it with a text editor. Thanks!

GuyPerfect:
It's a standard XML file. The root element is <character> and below that is a <description> element that contains the character bio.

jderouen:
I have all my XML files, but not costume files or power sets. I guess that I'm asking is, is there a way to export the various aspects of the XML files (costume, power set, bio) to a file that's usable? Not so much the bio, as it's easy enough to copy and paste and then remove the html, but is there a way to export the costumes and power sets? I'm sorry if I asked that wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version