Author Topic: Sentinel+ Import Tool  (Read 59447 times)

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
Re: Sentinel+ Import Tool
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2019, 09:29:21 PM »
Well, the only thing I have used is Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio

The other thing that I was also made aware of, is that the server must be running in order to import the characters.

So other that what I've shared here, I really don't know why it isn't working on your end.

Last thing to share with you all, is that I found that sometimes the converter doesn't convert properly.  I did double check the .txt files before I did the import and I did find that some of the files were empty.   I had to use the ORIGINAL .xml files and create the .txt file from scratch.  I don't know why, but if you get failures in converting the xml files to the txt files, it corrupts the xml file, so ALWAYS WORK FROM A BACKUP .. you don't want to loose your original xml character files ...

A suspicion flashes in my mind that perhaps the steps I located for creation of server and imports may be incomplete.

When you say create an account, do you mean just log in with the game client and make alts or is there a server command to run to create an account?

If it is the latter then I do not have that command and that would explain a few things
In fearful COH-less days
In Raging COH-less nights
With Strong Hearts Full, we shall UNITE!
When all seems lost in the effort to bring CoH back to life,
Look to Cyberspace, where HOPE burns bright!

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2019, 01:28:04 AM »
On your personal server, you need to create a came account ..
When I created mine, I used this web address:

cohstuff.dreamhosters.com/makeaccount.php

That is all I used .. assign an ID, assign a Login ..

If you don't create an account, the importer has no place to import your characters to.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2019, 01:36:10 AM »
On your personal server, you need to create a came account ..
When I created mine, I used this web address:

cohstuff.dreamhosters.com/makeaccount.php

That is all I used .. assign an ID, assign a Login ..

If you don't create an account, the importer has no place to import your characters to.

Interesting indeed, looks like I have something to do later
 However without doing this it did let me log in and make test characters and mess around a bit with admin commands.....ghost account perhaps?

Well with luck I can do this and then my client outside the VMware will regain it's ability to connect to the dbase again.

Otherwise it is purge and reload from the rar backup.

In fearful COH-less days

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2019, 05:05:29 AM »
You definitely need an account to import your characters to ..

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2019, 02:48:12 PM »
You definitely need an account to import your characters to ..
Yeah I see now.  The person that I obtained setup instructions didn't include the manual editing of SQL for the purpose of character restoration. The game started and connected and allowed an account to be used but I guess we'll call that a ghost.

In any event I deleted and restored the virt machine from backup.  Once my head stops spinning from the medication I sadly still need (metformin)  I can then sit down and start to edit the data and cross my fingers.

Question:  for the dbp.user_auth   where you input the password info, the file I generated from that site you listed (thank you for that! :)  )  has CONVERT(BINARY(128) then the comma then the password string.  Does the CONVERT(BINARY(128) go in as well or just the string?

Want to get this right the first time, :)
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2019, 05:19:24 AM »
Update: okay the client on my PC now again talks to the vmware server after the refresh/reinstall.

copied one of the text files over, far as I can tell the SQL files have been edited and saved.

so I run the command for importing after bringing the coh server and mapserver online and get the following:

C:\>coh-i25\bin\dbquery.exe -putcharacter kheldian.txt
started 2019-05-30 15:34:11
detected QuickEdit, disabling...
Starting: coh-i25\bin\dbquery.exe -putcharacter kheldian.txt
Quitting: coh-i25\bin\dbquery.exe -putcharacter kheldian.txt

C:\>

The lack of a success message made me think something went wrong, so I go into my account and sure enough.....no import.
In fearful COH-less days

CraZboy

• Minion
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2019, 10:46:29 PM »
Did you put the right ID and account name?
According to what you posted, it should have imported.

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2019, 04:29:02 AM »
Did you put the right ID and account name?
According to what you posted, it should have imported.

It looks like the account data i put in did not commit to the database.

SQL being a bit new to me, don't i just tell it to execute SQL ?
In fearful COH-less days

Sinistar

• Elite Boss
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2019, 07:04:46 AM »
Well finally. Thanks to a kind soul who has my gratitude, my server is up and running and alts are restored!!!!!

Things that didn't get restored: free specs and tailor sessions, but server commands seem to have fixed that :)

Also was able to use commands to display and copy the ingame badge list, and salvage list.

It is nice to have my toons back.  As to rebuilding them on the homecoming servers from scratch.....we'll see. Too busy badging with my reborn original alt.
In fearful COH-less days

Jagged

• Underling
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2019, 09:19:34 AM »
Just wanted to post a quick thank you.
Last night I uploaded my favourite character to my i24 server. Which was lovely to see.

I can't remember how any of the incarnate stuff works though ;)

Still, great to know exactly where I had progressed.

I did get an error message running dbquery that said "WARNING: Didn't find match for costume part Standard, skin_head_03, none"
but it appears to have imported fine.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 11:55:27 AM by Jagged »

Doc Artz

• Lieutenant
  • Infinity, SG leader of The Moon Dragons
    • Behance
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2019, 09:31:53 PM »
Somebody asked me to make a thing, so I made a thing.
You'll need to run this from the command line, but hopefully if you've managed to set up either the dedicated or the VM image personal server, it shouldn't be too difficult.
Usage As always back up your XML files before doing anything![/u] This tool does not modify them, but it's strongly recommended to always have a good backup in case of accidental foot-shooting like switching the order of the input and output files. xml2db [authid] [authname] [bin.pigg] [xmlfile] [txtfile]
authid: The ID number for the game account the character will go on. You can get this from the sql database. I think it's also possible to see it in-game by turning on self info with the GM commands.
authname: The name of the game account - same thing you type in on the login screen.
bin.pigg: Path to the I24 bin.pigg file.
xmlfile: Sentinel+ XML file to be converted.
txtfile: Output file to create.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5411ralpbnnjuu/xml2db.exe?dl=0
https://github.com/cwtitan/xml2db
To get this done quickly I reused my old libcoh library from back in the day. It was an experiment with C++/Boost (never again) and can be a rather large pain to compile from source.
Notes & Caveats
Sentinel+ only exported information that the client had access to, which means a lot of stuff is missing, especially state related to mission and contact completion. This tool attempt to correct some of the bigger issues related to accolade powers and inventory sizes, but it is far from comprehensive and there may be some slight irregularities, especially related to having badges for arcs that the game doesn't think you've completed yet.
All characters processed by this tool are granted the Passport badge.
-----------------------------------------------------------
I need some advice, please.
I tried downloading https://www.dropbox.com/s/u5411ralpbnnjuu/xml2db.exe?dl=0 and https://github.com/cwtitan/xml2db : Tequila runs, COH login screen appears and I cannot log in. When I use to play COH in 2009, my account name was cowboy 2511. One of my characters was named DocArtz. For some reason DocArtz has all of the sudden become my sign in name instead of cowboy 2511. Does anyone have an idea how I can log in and play once again?
Thanks in advance and I hope to be in the game SOON!
Doc or EnChancer ???
Doc Artz

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2019, 10:48:18 PM »
If you're trying to log into Paragon Chat, we might be able to help.

If you're trying to log into the game servers that are up and running, we can't help with that because we aren't running any of those servers.

In either case, this thread isn't the place to ask for help with either one.

I would suggest starting a new thread or maybe asking for help on the forums where you want to play.  (You'll have to create a new account there.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov