Author Topic: Paragon Wiki Post-I24  (Read 42924 times)

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
Re: Paragon Wiki Post-I24
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2020, 02:09:16 AM »
There shouldn't be anything else impacted, but if you do find anything isn't working as expected, please let me know!

SpaceNut

• Underling
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2020, 01:31:57 PM »
Ooof, big thumbs down on the recoloring. Just because it's "old" doesn't mean it has to be sepia and yellow toned. Not to mention certain features are still white, which means they now clash with the background color.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 07:19:37 PM »
I offered up the idea of using sepia to set the archive apart as a nod to in-game flashback missions.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Felderburg

• Ask me how I got this title!
  • Elite Boss
  • Personal text? What's that?
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2020, 05:43:11 PM »
Other than using the "Project:" prefix (and getting used to the new color scheme), is there anything else that is impacted by this change when it comes to editing articles?

When is "Project" required? I see a lot of (probably automated) changes to links, but I looked at my talk page, and no changes were made, and all the links appear to work properly.

I'm pleased to say that we now have https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Main_Page (I am not the organiser, although I do edit there) and I encourage people playing on Homecoming to come and help knock it into shape. I hope this will at least cut down on people making HC-specific edits on Paragon Wiki.

I'm a little confused. It looks like cityofheroes.dev is the website for the Victory server. Why is the Homecoming wiki hosted there?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 05:50:44 PM by Felderburg »
I used CIT before they even joined the Titan network! But then I left for a long ol' time, and came back. Now I edit the wiki.

I'm working on sorting the Lore AMAs so that questions are easily found and linked: http://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Lore_AMA/Sorted Tell me what you think!

Pinnacle: The only server that faceplants before a fight! Member of the Pinnacle RP Congress (People's Elf of the CCCP); formerly @The Holy Flame

Sekoia

• Titan Network Admin
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2020, 07:55:59 PM »
When is "Project" required? I see a lot of (probably automated) changes to links, but I looked at my talk page, and no changes were made, and all the links appear to work properly.

"Project:" is an alias for a wiki's project namespace, which in our case used to be "Paragon Wiki:" and is now "Paragon Wiki Archive:". Using "Project:" instead means that pages imported to other wikis will have those links continue to function even if the wiki uses a different project name.

So use "Project:" or "Project talk:" for pages in the "Paragon Wiki Archive:" and "Paragon Wiki Archive talk:" namespaces. They're not commonly linked to so it shouldn't come up too often. (And if you do link using the non-Project: version it's not the end of the world.)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2020, 01:45:06 AM »
I'm a little confused. It looks like cityofheroes.dev is the website for the Victory server. Why is the Homecoming wiki hosted there?

City of Heroes: Victory is also hosting a SCORE server.  Any changes to the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki towards the current state of the game with Homecoming is also good for Victory, too.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran