Author Topic: Anybody Else Having INF Issues?  (Read 2026 times)

Corona89

• Minion
Anybody Else Having INF Issues?
« on: May 11, 2019, 12:32:00 PM »
So now that we have the game back (I can't begin to express how happy that makes me ;D) I've noticed that enhancements are a lot more expensive than I remember them being.  Maybe I'd just forgotten since it's been so long or maybe I was used to having a few 50s on my account who could earn and transfer INF to any new characters I made but I've found myself struggling to keep enough cash on hand to buy DOs and SOs. 

I'm playing one character exclusively right now so spreading my resources between various alts isn't the problem.  WW is always there but I'm only level 23 so I don't have much worth auctioning.  Does anybody have some advice for getting and maintaining a steady flow of INF?  Have I truly returned to n00b status or are the prices really higher than they used to be?

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Anybody Else Having INF Issues?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 01:42:11 PM »
All salvage is selling over 1000 still and you have 7 trays of enhancements now so can vendor more of those. But yeah, it's tough in the early going. Just skip enhancing where you can, keep the prestige ones slotted til SOs or later if you're broke. Should get a decent drop or two in the 20s that will sell for a few million. Once you get into the 30s it gets better.

PhiloticKnight

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 01:54:22 PM »
  • Run two short story arcs
  • Get reward merits
  • Turn in for rare salvage drop at merit vendor
  • ??
  • PROFIT 1 million influence by selling on the Auction House

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »
Sell off any Enhancement Converters you have they are selling in the 6 figures.

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 01:17:41 AM »
Well back in the day, I did NOT have any 50 level characters, nor did I have friends flinging inf at me.  So this is what I did back then.

Collect all the exploration badges.  Doing a zone gets you Merits (10 per zone, I think?).

Once you are at the level where the street mobs in Perez are blue and green to you, turn off XP and just street hunt.  The single most valuable piece of salvage outside of the Rares drops from the Hellions ("Luck Charm"), it is a common, and you can clean up.  Not only will you be getting double inf, but blue and green mobs drop the same amount of salvage as red and yellow ones.  Back on live, Luck Charms sold for obscene amounts of inf.  I'm going to presume the same holds now.

Run short AE arcs for tickets.  Use the tickets on recipe and salvage rolls.  If you are between 11 and 25(?) on recipe rolls you stand a really good chance of getting one of the anti-knockback Defense or Resist Damage recipes and those sell for Quite A Lot.

You always have the option to turn off XP for double inf.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 05:05:17 AM »
Well back in the day, I did NOT have any 50 level characters, nor did I have friends flinging inf at me.

How's that possible? It's not like you had to write a million books or something crazy like that.

Also luck charms haven't settled into silly pricing yet. Oddly every common salvage sells for 1.5-10k, even the level 50s. The traditionally high ones are no more expensive than the formerly dime a dozen, but you make more overall.

Corona89

• Minion
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 06:26:09 AM »
Sell off any Enhancement Converters you have they are selling in the 6 figures.

I thought of doing just that but when I dropped a Converter into WW it didn't register a Last Sold price.  In my perception (Which is based on the old live servers), that means the item hasn't been posted in forever so it's hard to gauge what the appropriate price would be.  Obviously, selling the ones I have would benefit me in the short term but I'm worried that I might need them to get IOs that are hard to find when I implement my final build.  Which strategy is more efficient overall, do you think?

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 11:16:59 AM »
OH!  And I just recalled another trick.  When you're at the level for Croatoa, there's a spot in the woods I used to call Moose Highway, to the right of the University in the woods on the other side of the wall.  You'll know it when you see it, there's a passage between two clearings that funnels them straight at you.  There's regular stampedes of whatsis--Tuatha, that's it.  When you're at a level to handle mobs and mobs of them, turn off XP and start making Mooseburgers.  They drop some highly desirable salvage and recipes at that particular level range.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido