Author Topic: What's the haps??  (Read 8646 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
What's the haps??
« on: May 11, 2019, 04:30:22 PM »
Surely we have at least 1 lurker here who can update us occasionally on all that is Champions Online! I'd do it if I was playing but it's gonna be awhile.

*sigh*

No one with which to play the game vicariously.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
Re: What's the haps??
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
Nightmare Invasion... again (until 5/23)... but I'm too busy in Paragon City. Haven't been to Meh-llennium City in a while.

Ohnoes! My kittehs! Don't worry... I tooks them wit me.

Cool horns! But I'm not that interested.
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11157933-an-invasion-of-nightmares%21

Heroic hairstyles are being offered for 750Z? Hmm... what have we been wearing all this time, then? Heheh-- the web page for this even says we champions haven't been "stopping by" and the NPCs are lonely. HA!
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11157923
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 12:48:52 AM »
Heroic hairstyles are being offered for 750Z? Hmm... what have we been wearing all this time, then? https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11157923

I'm trying to think right now if any of my guys have hair..

There's lizard domes.. a frog head.. a skull.. a flaming skull.. a blue rock head... and my 3(?) humans are all bald and wearing hats.

The Nightmare invasion thing I would probably try if I was a newb.

I feel like I logged in! Thanks  : )
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Angel Phoenix77

• Elite Boss
  • I am Phoenix !!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 06:26:52 AM »
You dont even have to guess where I am. And for once I am content. (Here's a hint. I am not playing co or sto.)
One day the Phoenix will rise again.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 07:01:10 PM »
And for once I am content.

*lightbulb*

I just had a great idea for a new MMO!

hehe
Some Faves:

ZeeHero

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2019, 08:51:30 AM »
Yeah after trying it and sticking out the low painful first few levels, finding some leveling groups and all, I've come to see exactly HOW much I missed all those years ago. CO can't hold a candle. I'd be surprised if their population didn't drop in half the past couple weeks.

Sure CO does do some things I wish COH did. Non-Unique names for instance. real no brainer QOL thing. Not enough to pull it ahead or even close.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 02:09:38 PM »
I logged in and played my healer for the first time in over 600 days (https://app.box.com/s/uhp1sshwpn42ugw2nmdtcwtjnblw9dcg).... I was pretty good with him, once, (I knew what all my hotkeys did and when to use them) but, I couldn't hardly remember how to play him last night! So I ran some Grabs..

He has  a pretty darn fun build, go me. Not typical, I think.

There was a CoH advertisement in Zone while I was on and it was met with the same response that all anti-CO advertisements get. The CO population may shrink, may not - either way, CO is a good game all on its own with a community all its own and I hope they keep it online forever.

~~~

My screenie saver place, since... CoH OG... has changed how their links work.. When Box.com was new, I subbed up, and one of the first questions I had was how to directly link to screenies so that I could paste them directly into my forum posts. A few days later an e-mail came back with a reply that was something like "that's a good idea! we added that functionality to Box" - and I've been directly linking to my screenies ever since.

For some reason they decided to remove that functionality that's been around, since, ~ 2006? And now my screenies are what you get, above. A long link. No image. I really liked the direct link way better. I was amazed that they added the ability to begin with just seemingly due to my e-mail. I mean, how often does something like that happen, huh?

I do see the "Add image to post" link, below, and will figure out how to use it.. It looks pretty straightforward. So was Direct Linking! Ah well..

« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 03:53:30 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

ZeeHero

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2019, 07:58:01 AM »
Whether CO is good depends on your standards and whether you can overlook the huge problems with it. COH has some of those, but they're much more overlookable to me than the mess CO is in.

Helps a bit that I consider the Champions IP universe to be really really poorly written even in the PNP. CoH's world is at least a little better IMO in what I've managed to learn so far. Also the story writing is several times superior. Dark Astoria blows VB apocalypse out of the water, into space, and crashes it into saturn.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2019, 03:08:39 PM »
Whether CO is good depends on your standards and whether you can overlook the huge problems with it.

lol..

Anyway, yeah. Whether CO is good, depends on, if you're having fun or not when playing it.

When I stopped having fun playing it, I stopped playing. Mostly. I still have fun when I do play. Plenty of others do, too.

Just because I'm not playing now, I don't forget the 100's or more hours of immersive fun I had playing the game. CO was there when CoH wasn't, too, and that was a really big deal at the time. I don't forget that, either.

Anyway, yeah. You're not having fun, you shouldn't play. Why waste your time and why buzzkill the other players who Are having fun. I've always said that. Even back when I was posting daily saying how much fun the game was and many others were complaining about not having fun.

When I stopped having fun and started complaining all the time about the game, I stopped playing. And now CO is an excellent Backup Game. Backup games are good, too. Gems, even. They don't always have permanent Backup status, either. They can be primaries again. STO will always be a primary or backup game for me, too, I think. I can't imagine giving up all I put into it and never playing again at some point.

Is pretty much my attitude about CO, today.

Some people play the game for wayyyyy different reasons than you and me, too. I see faces in CO, today, that were old to the game when I was new. I never log in to STO or CO for a significant amount of time without seeing a CO @ I recognize.

Having said all that, I really can't wait to get back into CoH. And, I hope CO stays around forever and ever. It was there for Me when I needed It! Fun game, still. If you want to get your fill on farming and progression (and new mishes).......................... play some STO for awhile until you puke from it.. CoH is full of all kinds of fun things to do, I know. I was pretty crushed, too, when my screen flashed a final(or not..?) "You Have Been Disconnected". I remember exactly what I felt like and it wasn't good. Thanks CO, for giving me a FUN place to go! I don't forget the fun I've had there and still do.

Some Faves:

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
Yeah after trying it and sticking out the low painful first few levels, finding some leveling groups and all, I've come to see exactly HOW much I missed all those years ago. CO can't hold a candle. I'd be surprised if their population didn't drop in half the past couple weeks.

Sure CO does do some things I wish COH did. Non-Unique names for instance. real no brainer QOL thing. Not enough to pull it ahead or even close.

I just hope any CO players that come over show better competence than they do in their native game. CoH is a great deal harder to do than CO and iTrials require more thought and coordination than Monsters. It is by no means a get guud game, but it does require teamwork that isn't centered around the holy trinity spam. I welcome any new players as does the rest of the community, I just don't want it turning into '09 again with the constant failures on content and whining about difficulty
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Castegyre

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 09:41:20 PM »
I believe it was on reddit a week or two ago where a person who had never been able to play CoH and only heard about it through CO was happy they finally got the chance to try the game. It seemed like they loved it and really appreciated that the content was harder than death zerging from a respawn point. (paraphrase)

Different people like different things. I'm not going to waste a lot of time detailing why I became dissatisfied with CO or much of its community again here, but if people are liking either or other games I'm happy for them all the same.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 09:43:16 PM »
I just hope any CO players that come over show better competence than they do in their native game.

That's right about where anyone who respects the game probably stopped reading. I made it all the way to the period at the end.

if people are liking either or other games I'm happy for them all the same.

*nod*
Some Faves:

Soul Resonance

• Boss
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2019, 02:12:44 AM »
That's right about where anyone who respects the game probably stopped reading. I made it all the way to the period at the end.

*nod*

I wanna apologize for that post too! It was rather poorly written and didn't convey what I meant at all. I mean generally teaming in CO can be difficult truly, with a lot of content being made more difficult than needed sometimes. My apologies!
50's: Necro/Dark, Fire x3 Dom, Plant/Savage Dom, Ice/Time Blaster, Arch/TA Blaster, SS/Elec Brute, Rad/Rad Def.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2019, 01:36:05 PM »
I wanna apologize for that post too! It was rather poorly written and didn't convey what I meant at all. I mean generally teaming in CO can be difficult truly, with a lot of content being made more difficult than needed sometimes. My apologies!

I don't wanna be negative nancy, either. Lets save it for the mobs  : )

Sometimes there's nothing better than completely destroying something that never existed, with, extra points for doing so with style and finesse. It's the best enemy to have, playing against a machine or puzzle. Not that this relates directly to anything you said.. It just popped in my head.

Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 11:39:16 AM »
*peeks in*

The current haps is another round of High Noon at Snake Gulch. *yawn*

We now return to our regularly scheduled crickets.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 11:07:20 PM »
The current haps is another round of High Noon at Snake Gulch. *yawn*

Every time I see cowboy stuff I think of a very nice regular poster we used to have here, Kaos Arcanna. Hope he's doing ok!

My mouse decided to destructively .. destruct (it was wigging my system out so bad that I thought it was finally dying), today, so, I'll not be playing anything for awhile. I went from like 20 buttons, to... 1. There's only button left working on my last gaming mouse that I had to break out of (the gaming museum) storage so I could even use a computer - the right click - which, Windows was kind enough to at least let me trade for the Left button - which, as we all know, is a very important button in Windows.

Well, the good news, is, I still can still order stuff online. Yay. Like new PC parts. Which, I was logging in to *finally* start doing, just hours ago, before things went haywire.

I was already super bummed. Just so much bad, bad stuff going on around here since before last Christmas. Depressing and bad. Deaths, disease, destruction. Just bad. Never a light moment. Except online.

Anyway! Thanks for some gaming news Myri-V. I'm glad I can still read it! Sorry to ramble on.. I've been known to do such things, here. Hope you're doing OK wherever you are, KA.

Some Faves:

Thunder Glove

• Elite Boss
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
I actually was going to log into the game today, but the launcher no longer supports Windows XP, which means it no longer supports Wine, which means I can't play it on my Mac anymore.

Maybe I'll actually install it on the Windows laptop I got for Christmas, but that computer still doesn't feel like *mine*, you know?

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 10:43:25 PM »
Maybe I'll actually install it on the Windows laptop I got for Christmas, but that computer still doesn't feel like *mine*, you know?

No, I have no idea whatsoever what you mean. (*grin*)

You want to play. You have a machine with which to play. You aren't playing.

Plug that baby into your TV. I'd never squint out a game on a small screen if I could plug into a TV.
Some Faves:

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
Patriot stuff this week. *yawn*

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 01:05:23 PM »
Hehe Woot! The excitement continues...  : )

The one (?) thing I couldn't do with the old machine was to bump up the FPS to max. I had to limit it to, I think, 60? That was pretty good but CO seems luverlier when I remove the fps limit in Settings. It's a fairly fast moving game with Athletics 3, which, all my toons have.

The game crashes to desktop when I set it to... max anti-aliasing? x16? The thing that smooths rough edges. I guess CO's still just too cutting edge for my rig.
Some Faves: