Author Topic: Photobucket are liars  (Read 3359 times)

Super Firebug

• New Efforts # 20,000!
  • Elite Boss
Photobucket are liars
« on: May 26, 2019, 03:04:00 AM »
I got an email from Photobucket, saying that my account is "over the limit" (presumably for free storage) set forth in the new terms that go into effect next month. I logged in, and I only have FOUR photos in there: the group photos of my CoH alts that I posted here to display in 2014. I downloaded copies of them, to make sure; they don't even total 2MB. Is there an alternative for free photo hosting WHO WON'T LIE TO ME?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 03:11:23 AM by Super Firebug »
Linux. Because a world without walls or fences won't need Windows or Gates.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Photobucket are liars
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 03:06:41 AM »
Google photos?
Instagram?
PostImages?

(When you add photos to posts here, they're hosted by PostImages.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 04:52:11 AM »
I would pipe up that Flickr left the Yahoo mothership, and to give them a try, but they bungled my account so I can't log into it anymore, let alone get the photos off of it.

I can't recommend any photo service at this point.  It's probably easier to use Google Drive or OneDrive or some other file hosting service instead.  Photo services are more interested in making silos out of their customer's data than protecting it to any degree.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Victoria Victrix

• Team Wildcard
  • Elite Boss
  • If you don't try, you have failed.
    • Mercedes Lackey
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 08:56:08 AM »
Photobucket is basically crap now.  I've abandoned the screenies I had there, photos too.  There's nothing that important there.

I bailed on them when they started loading so many non-blockable ads that it was impossible to load a page.  Obviously they have gotten worse.

You can always start a google account just for hosting photos on that account's google drive.
I will go down with this ship.  I won't put my hands up in surrender.  There will be no white flag above my door.  I'm in love, and always will be.  Dido