Author Topic: The editbase command  (Read 2651 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
The editbase command
« on: May 31, 2019, 04:27:56 PM »
So I finally founded my own SG for my alts and all the stubborn solo types who just need base assets... and of course disappeared into the base editor for what seemed like two years. :) Fun. Making it free: even more fun.  ;D

But being the bind and command guy, I had to mess with the /editbase command. Here's some notes; takeaways and comments welcome.
  • /editbase only works while in the base. It can be used anywhere, not just in the Entrance Room.
  • /editbase 1 enters base-editing mode from anywhere, but repositions your alt in the Entrance Room. A minor shortcut for those who don't want to jog back to the start to go into edit mode.
  • /editbase 2 goes into isometric plot-view mode... but without editing privileges.
  • /editbase 3 goes into plan plot-view mode... but without editing privileges.
  • Higher numbers respond just like 3.
Not sure what to make of these "features." Maybe 2 and 3 are more useful when starting with an empty plot and allow you to base-build from plot definition; I didn't want to mess up my pretty new layout by trying.

One warning, though: selecting base editing with one or more of these commands seems to have reset my keybinds, or switched them to a base-editing model. (I rebind DEL to clear-chat, for example, and it's used in base editing to, well, delete things.) I'd recommend doing a /bindsavefile before messing with these commands.

Next stop: analyzing and optimizing a base-edit bind set.

Comments welcome.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: The editbase command
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 06:27:40 PM »
Nice to know, but doesn't existing the editor put your binds back to normal? I haven't noticed that being an issue. Also, someone has a PDF to update. :p  *ducks*
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 06:47:17 PM »
It did not update after I exited to the nonrealworld. That's why it was worth a warning in the newly updated entry;D

I think the 2 and 3 options might be a little buggy, like the command itself out in the game world. The editing interface had some anomalies like black buttons after I used them.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 07:54:56 PM »
I also figured out the keybind thing. The game adds a dozen lines to the bindlist to overwrite any binds for about that many keys. Interesting, none of the wikis or guides mention the keys - I can't imagine they're new.

Enter base edit mode, save a bindfile, and look at the end.

I assume the problems I had were with the game not stripping those lines back out when I bailed from edit mode.