Author Topic: Email and attachment sending commands  (Read 4571 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Email and attachment sending commands
« on: June 05, 2019, 02:12:36 AM »
Hey, with some great input from informants, I've got the two email send slash commands figured out.

/emailsend is just a command-line version of the email UI... less so, since it's supposed to let you include an Inf attachment, but that function is apparently disabled. So it's just not very useful.

But /emailsendattachment is. Usage is:

/emailsendattachment name subject influence attachment location message_body
  • name is a valid user name, preferably global
  • subject is the message subject line
  • influence is a numeric amount of Inf to send, or 0 if you're a cheap SOB
  • attachment is the type of element to attach - see below - or none
  • location is the inventory location of that item - see below- or none
  • message_body is the body of the message, basically everything that follows location
Quotes around each argument are optional for one-word arguments but should be used for consistency. Again, everything that follows location - in quotes, out, numbers, text, loose boogers - will go into the message body.

Attachment types are in theory 17 in number, including placeholders for costume parts, base items and every other piece of loose gear in the game. However, only three are enabled:
  • 2 is Inspirations
  • 10 should be Enhancements but is not enabled.
  • 11 is Salvage.
  • 12 is Recipes.
For each type, open the corresponding inventory window and count. Location is the number of the item you want to send, starting from 1, as it currently sits in the sort order.

So you can send Inf, Insps, Salvage and Recipes via email. Cool, what?

So to send me a million Inf and a Resurgence insp that's in your first slot, you'd use:

/emailsendattachment @Shenanigunner "Thou art a ghod" 1000000 2 1 "Please accept these tiny tokens of my esteem."
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:19:18 AM by Shenanigunner »
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
Re: Email and attachment sending commands
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:14:32 AM »
The Only way I can see this being very helpful is spamming emails TBH as you'd Still have to edit each one Very carefully and it's very easy to mess up.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 05:07:14 PM »
Yeah. These are not the most useful commands in the slash set. Especially as the UI version does allow sending any kind of game token more easily and without the peculiar limitations of the command.

But there it is. I'm sure someone can find a good use for it. :)
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »
Knowing of its existence isn't a Bad thing. ;) :p
Find me on Homecoming:

Canine

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 03:36:18 PM »
Has anyone managed to get this to work when the recipient has a global name of two words (or more) with a space?  Wrapping the name in "" does not appear to work, appending a comma after as in the /tell command, also does not work

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 07:18:13 PM »
It's been quite a while, but for some reason, I'm thinking the underscore is your friend here.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 12:42:30 AM »
It's been quite a while, but for some reason, I'm thinking the underscore is your friend here.
This was my thought too, but then I wondered if wrapping the code to the Right of the name would be more appropriate as the game may treat the underscore as part of the name.
Find me on Homecoming: