Author Topic: Create your own private server?  (Read 2756 times)

Ignitros

• Underling
Create your own private server?
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:15:40 AM »
I was wondering if there is a way to get the files used for what I believe is Homecoming to make my own private server? I have seen others post in different forums the process of creating your own private server but I really like the way the game runs currently with Tequila launcher and would like to replicate that. I just want to have the ability to create a character and instantly have them be 50 and play with certain builds and see how things run before jumping in with a new build. It'd also be nice to have a backup in case something does in fact happen with NCsoft.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Create your own private server?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 01:42:12 PM »
There should be stickied private server instructions on discord and reddit. How difficult it is to set up seems to depend on whom you ask . Afaik there's still work going on attempting to make a private server in a box, but I've not been following the progress.

As far as the jump to fifty and try out io builds part of your post, just let the homecoming test server download. Should serve your purposes.

Goddangit

• Daisy Duke's
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 10:33:27 PM »
I was wondering if there is a way to get the files used for what I believe is Homecoming to make my own private server? I have seen others post in different forums the process of creating your own private server but I really like the way the game runs currently with Tequila launcher and would like to replicate that. I just want to have the ability to create a character and instantly have them be 50 and play with certain builds and see how things run before jumping in with a new build. It'd also be nice to have a backup in case something does in fact happen with NCsoft.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

People claim to have done it.  I personally have not.  And I certainly appreciate your concerns because I share them.  I honestly don't understand why They Who Shall Not Be Named haven't dropped the hammer already.  But I don't think we're allowed to post those links in this forum.  If I've misunderstood, any admin, please feel free to correct me.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 12:28:44 AM »
People claim to have done it.  I personally have not.  And I certainly appreciate your concerns because I share them.  I honestly don't understand why They Who Shall Not Be Named haven't dropped the hammer already.  But I don't think we're allowed to post those links in this forum.  If I've misunderstood, any admin, please feel free to correct me.

No, server software for City of Heroes is still very much illegal.  You've got good instincts there.

We can't point to where to obtain that, or offer help & pointers to set it up.  Titan Network can only support the software we've released, the closest being the Sentinel+ Import Tool to load your backed up characters into a private server.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran