Author Topic: Specs for /macro_image texture file?  (Read 2498 times)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
Specs for /macro_image texture file?
« on: June 15, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
The alternate macro command /macro_image, which allows the creation of a tray icon other than a few letters, would be a nice tool for macro weens.

Does anyone know the specs of what this command wants for the 'texture' file to create the icon? Some simple attempts have failed and I suspect it has to be something found in a PIGG file or such.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Yuro

• Underling
Re: Specs for /macro_image texture file?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 07:12:01 PM »
You have to find the name of the image in the PIGG files.  Here is an example that I use with Kheldians...

/macro_image LuminousBlast_BrightNova "Nova" "powexec_toggle_on Bright Nova$$goto_tray 5$$camdist 19"
/macro_image LuminousAura_WhiteDwarf "Dwarf" "powexec_toggle_on White Dwarf$$goto_tray 6$$camdist 26"
/macro "Human" "powexec_toggle_off Bright Nova$$powexec_toggle_off White Dwarf$$goto_tray 1$$camdist 19"

/macro_image UmbralBlast_DarkNova "Nova" "powexec_toggle_on Dark Nova$$goto_tray 5$$camdist 19"
/macro_image UmbralAura_BlackDwarf "Dwarf" "powexec_toggle_on Black Dwarf$$goto_tray 6$$camdist 26"
/macro "Human" "powexec_toggle_off Dark Nova$$powexec_toggle_off Black Dwarf$$goto_tray 1$$camdist 19"

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 08:53:18 PM »
Excellent, thanks. Just the confirmation that it's a PIGG thing is a huge help.

Best way to list/find all the icon names in the standard set? I am not a skilled PIGG hunter.
== The Guide, the GABB files and the GSNOTTY list, all at (NEW!) www.Shenanigunner.com ==

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 10:24:43 PM »
A player sent me the unpacked power names file, but I am trying to figure out how to clean and strip it down to a list. All I can say is that this works, and reasonable guesses at power set names and power names works about 90% of the time. (Some failures are puzzling, and I suspect there's an extra keyword for them - Blaster DarkBlast_, for example, doesn't work.)

Great new find.

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 10:59:25 PM »
Try dragging the power to your chat window and send yourself a message. You'll see the text there. IDK if that'll work for the translation, but it's worth a shot.
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 11:00:34 PM »
Also, I know for a fact that there's an oooooold thread that covers this, but that's a hunt in and of itself. Someone needs to get bored and offload the old forums and re-upload them for easy search. :p
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 11:03:08 PM »
And *kerpow* *splat* *boom*... a user online not only pointed me to the solution, then sent me the unpacked file, and then (while I was trying to strip it down to names) sent me the stripped file. A little sorting and de-duping in NP++, and a complete, alphabetical, stripped list of what should be mostly icon names is now on the website.

Guide has been updated with the usage info; Name list is a separate download on the website.

As always, love this community!

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »
Also, I know for a fact that there's an oooooold thread that covers this, but that's a hunt in and of itself. Someone needs to get bored and offload the old forums and re-upload them for easy search. :p
That's kind of what I'm doing with the Guide. Most of it is stuff that "everybody knew" back in the day, or knew where to find... but personally, I find bookmarking and paging through discussions tedious, and there hasn't been any concerted effort to update PW and other major repositories.

So, I do what I do - I write. :)

Shenanigunner

• Lieutenant
    • Heroica!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 07:59:40 PM »
Interesting how many powersets have perfectly obvious names (Flight_, SuperStrength_) and others have... muddled ones (DarkCast_ for "Dark"). But what's funny is how many power names are misspelled, such as Flight_ArialAssault, which I assume means you throw ugly fonts at a foe.

This list is HUGELY useful.