Author Topic: Jessica Jones Final Season  (Read 5831 times)

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Jessica Jones Final Season
« on: June 16, 2019, 12:53:58 PM »
Off to a dull start with episode one.  If it maintains this pace, this is going to be a tedious grind.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
Re: Jessica Jones Final Season
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 01:28:27 PM »
I've seen it through episode 5 so far. You would think they would have learned. Superheroes need supervillains, not just unethical lawyers or doctors or butchers or bakers or candlestick makers. Although other people keep falling all over themselves talking about how great Krysten Ritter and Jessica are they bore the crap out of me. Watching an alcoholic wandering around and bitching about how horrible life is just does nothing for me.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Trish in the original Hellcat costume saying Hellno got a laugh out of me. It does show that what works on the page doesn't always work in reality.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 04:51:00 PM »
I don't necessarily mind the bitter alcoholic routine, but in Jessica's case it never truly seems believable.  It feels more like ticking a box to try and sell a hard-bitten detective story, but then it fails to properly provide more than a few trappings of such a story. 
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 08:29:30 PM »
Who's the guy that can detect bad guys? Is he in the comics?

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 04:11:34 AM »
I've seen it through episode 5 so far. You would think they would have learned. Superheroes need supervillains,

I think they actually introduced the supervillain at the end of episode 5.  Though whether they'll ever apply his proper villain moniker is doubtful.

AmberOfDzu

• Boss
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »
I enjoyed this season more that season 2. The big problem I have with these miniseries generally is they seem to struggle to fill them out. When you don't have enough real story material to do a dozen episodes, guys, just make fewer, or re-think your story. Don't show people doing things really slowly, or show the same thing from different viewpoints over and over.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2019, 01:29:31 PM »
I liked Sallinger as the antagonist.  But all the nonsense with Trish just annoyed me.  I didn't care for Hogarth this season, either.  The Luke Cage cameo just made me wish for a final season of that with some closure.

HalcyonS

• Boss
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 02:50:39 AM »
It was ok... but as a huuuuge Hellcat can I really really didn't enjoy where it ended up.

saipaman

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2019, 04:23:08 PM »

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
It was ok... but as a huuuuge Hellcat can I really really didn't enjoy where it ended up.
Even as someone who doesn't particularly enjoy Hellcat, I didn't enjoy any of it.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2019, 08:22:48 PM »
The Toxic Avenger can do that too...

And even though he's gross, he also still gets girls.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »

Agreed. Bad direction to take Hellcat in.  However If Netflix hadn't dropped all the Marvel series Hellcat/Punisher could have made a good teamup.

ryuplaneswalker

• New Efforts # 17,000!
  • Boss
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
So I just finished it.

I can say without a doubt that Jessica Jones was worse than Iron Fist. It managed to make me hate every character involved in the plot and somehow spend 3 seasons without having the protagonist have any character development whatsoever, even after her mother directly told her "No, you were always a self important brat, stop using your family's death and the mind control as an excuse to be a smarmy jerk."