Paragon Chat > General

Why won't the chat bind work for me???

(1/1)

thd610:
Here's my string, and it looks like everything's correct, but it doesn't work. I have .99d installed, so I'm fully up to date. What am I doing wrong?

/bind enter "typing Something disturbing this way comes.$$startchat"

MyriVerse:
The latest version of PChat is 1.1.0.6. It's been out of beta for a long, long time.

"typing" isn't a valid command.

Korbian:
Psssst, "typing" is a valid command.   ;)  But only in Pchat, I think.  In game people used /afk but I think there was something that caused issues using it in Pchat so CW invented /typing.  Now mind you, everything I just said is from memory, except checking the wiki for the /typing command, so take it with a grain of salt.

And she's right, your version is way old.  It's probably not recognizing the typing command because it wasn't invented back when .99d was relevant.

MyriVerse:
Cool. Didn't know about the typing command.

A search says it was actually intro'd for .99d.

The bind works for me in an updated PChat. So, I'll bet you just need to upgrade to the latest version.

tosserberry:

--- Quote from: Korbian on June 17, 2019, 08:07:30 PM ---Psssst, "typing" is a valid command.   ;)  But only in Pchat, I think.  In game people used /afk but I think there was something that caused issues using it in Pchat so CW invented /typing.  Now mind you, everything I just said is from memory, except checking the wiki for the /typing command, so take it with a grain of salt.

And she's right, your version is way old.  It's probably not recognizing the typing command because it wasn't invented back when .99d was relevant.

--- End quote ---
I upgraded to the highest version and that code is perfectly valid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version