Author Topic: Picard Trailer  (Read 2419 times)

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
Picard Trailer
« on: July 20, 2019, 11:07:34 PM »
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

HalcyonS

• Boss
Re: Picard Trailer
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 11:46:10 PM »
It looks a bit actiony for me for Star Trek, but that seems to be the direction they're going for these days. That being said I'm willing to give it a try and see where it goes.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 01:39:14 AM »
In the trailer I saw, Data looked weird.  But I'd certainly give the series a shot if it would come to a streaming service near me.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2019, 12:38:15 AM »
The contacts, right?  They look like EL strips.  If I pass a current through them, they'd glow.

In any case, if Star Trek Online pushed a content update for DISCO (again, refuse to call it STD), then at least it'll make me happy if they do the same for STP (a far more awesome acronym, and confuses Stone Temple Pilot fans!)
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »
The glowing eyes didn't bother me, actually.  There's two things going on, I think.  Brent Spiner has put on weight, so his face looks a bit chunky.  And they appear to be doing something to smooth his face - whether it's digital or makeup I don't know.  Not dealbreakers, mind, it'd just take getting used to.  I was surprised to see Spiner back.  I thought he'd insisted on retiring the character due to him being susceptible to the vagaries of aging while Data should be ageless.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.