Author Topic: The state of the community  (Read 5120 times)

Abraxus

• Elite Boss
  • Brax on Discord. Play on Homecoming/Torchbearer
Re: The state of the community
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2019, 07:19:02 PM »
There is an degree of toxicity in almost any endeavor, belief, or pursuit one can think of these days.  There were always difference of opinion, but now with the anonymity provided by the web, closet a-holes felt empowered to become on-line a-holes in whatever way amused them.  Trolls take many forms, and sadly, our community is not immune to them.  But, I still think this is the best community overall, that one could reasonably hope for, especially in this era.
What was no more, is now reborn!

Marine X

• Minion
Re: The state of the community
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 02:57:54 PM »
There are always going to be " those guys ", but for the most part I think we are slowly getting back to the Original Core Community. It's almost every day I see someone posting how happy they are to be back or asking how things have changed in Help. It was a long wait to get back here, and a little Toxic in the beginning, but I think we are going to be OK.

As a sub-note on hunting out of Level Range, I have done this a bit lately to acquire Badges etc. but always tried to do it in a way that didn't affect others as much as possible. The hardest was UnVeiler as there are only a few places to Hunt Fake Nemesis with any success, but If someone showed up in the area, I would just do something else for a bit. Plenty room for everyone. Plenty other badges to work on.

I will confess I am a little frustrated with a handful of persons on the Homecoming Forums, who seem to delight, although they deny it, in turning almost every post into a Battleground. I have only ran into a few People from Live or PC there or in-game since it's been back, which is a little Sad since PC had such a great group of people,. Probably just on a different Server or Shard, but I would enjoy hanging out with some of the Titan People, they kept the community going as much as anyone else.
When it's too tough for everyone else,
It's just right for me.......
( unless it's cold, or raining , or dirty,
 or there are Sappers, man I Hate those Guys )
                                                                   Marine X