Author Topic: Pennyworth  (Read 2458 times)

Vee

• Elite Boss
Pennyworth
« on: August 04, 2019, 07:08:08 AM »
Not bad through 3 eps, though each is very long so I can't exactly recommend it since none of you have the speedforce. Apart from the names there's no real connection to Bats so far. It's sort of a tongue in cheek Kingsman/Avengers (Steed/Peele not Cap/Thor) spies and secret societies thing shaping up. I don't dislike it, which is rare enough.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Pennyworth
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2019, 11:03:16 AM »
The pilot is apparently slightly over an hour, the other episodes seem to be under an hour.  "Very long" isn't an apt description.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 05:56:50 PM »
Anything over 42 minutes is long. Anything over 55 is very long. Anything over an hour is like another Tenzhi semantics sermon :P

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 05:38:23 AM »
Anything over 42 minutes is long. Anything over 55 is very long. Anything over an hour is like another Tenzhi semantics sermon :P

Semantics are the foundation of communication.  And I do rather enjoy declaiming from my virtual soapbox. And so, brothers and sisters, it falls upon me in my most holy of missions, to point out that the non-pilot episodes have a listed runtime of 54 minutes.  So even by standards that make Quicksilver's temporal outlook seem positively languid they don't qualify as "very long."  Amen.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

doc7924

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 03:20:23 PM »
If Alfred gets a show I demand Jarvis gets equal time and they bring back Agent Carter.