Author Topic: Neverwinter  (Read 52625 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: Neverwinter
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2020, 11:01:06 PM »
That rant about mail can be extended to all Cryptic chat boxes that I usually end up cursing at least once per login.

Mod.. 19? I think is where we're at? It still seems good 'balance'wise. All of my toons either didn't get nerfed noticeably bad, or, better yet, got useful boosts and new play options. Can't say anything about Warlock heals yet. I've been nonstop farming RP and Legion weapons when they finally started dropping at a less than totally unreasonable (as in, don't expect them to drop any time soon, for even one toon) rate.

Anyway, yeah. I have seen some fresh life breathed into my Fighter (not tankwise unfortunately) and Warlock, and, they didn't screw up my Rogue or Wizard who I'm very happy with. So I'd call it a good mod and I like the new gear (weapons and chest) I use from it.

It's all about farming RP lately.. I've got new weapons.. new Artifacts - they've really come down in price at the same time I finally decided to learn about and invest in them and I'm nonstop farming to get them upgraded.

Arrr well it's back to the gem mines.. With all mains as fun or funner than ever, farming their fingers to the bone. Yes, I could just buy the RP outright, but, humm, yeah, I just accidentally deleted a toon with probably 1 million+ AD in tradeable gear, soo, humm, I'm being cheap. I was already being cheap but then I did that and it reinforced the idea.

My Warlock actually got #2 Paingiver 3x in a row in random Trials today. Am hoping that was the free retcon and not just luck. This action moved him up the line for some shovelfuls of RP..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2020, 02:18:53 PM »

My Warlock actually got #2 Paingiver 3x in a row in random Trials today. Am hoping that was the free retcon and not just luck. This action moved him up the line for some shovelfuls of RP..

The luck continued with a string of #2 and even a #1 Paingiver, never got less than #2. Looking forward to finally getting him some artifact gear.. (yes, that was a now not so subtle brag).

I am proud to say that if any of my gear is "BIS" it is total luck, and, I have no idea what a BIS Warlock build is supposed to be. This should be encouraging to the seemingly very few in NW who do things their own way.

Ah well anyway. Had to brag a lil. It's taken a fair amount of effort up to this point. NW has a lot of good players. We won't even talk about the redq..
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2020, 09:15:14 PM »
OK so it must be mentioned that the #1 Paingiver often doubles, and even nearly triples my score..

Having said that, I managed to hang on to my #2's yesterday and even pulled out a #1 on a redq.. We failed the epic dungeon (lomm), but still, I'll take it. I'm still not sure I should even be running redqs (they generally end very badly and I feel I often contribute to that outcome) but I'm thinking to give them another go. I have to run them every once in awhile to remind myself how bad of an idea it is.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2020, 04:55:54 PM »
My second banana streak Endeth.. Coincidentally or not ~ the same time I upgraded his gear.

*sigh*

Well. It was good to be #2 for awhile.. Err..
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2020, 06:27:09 PM »
The Siege of Neverwinter starts today.

If you're level 40+ and don't miss 1 day of the 14 day event that means you get a free Epic mount and lots of guild vouchers.

Also, at this time of mass carnage, there happens to be a 2x refining stone drops 'event' starting for those of us sucking for refining points for our new Legion weaps and the recent flood of cheap Artifacts..

So, all in all, a good couple of weeks for all and a great couple of weeks for newbs 40+
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2020, 05:21:40 PM »
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477213

So... The gist, is, it's a serverwide dynamic event in which we all contribute to the progress in some way. Something I never saw them do and that is rare to see in PC gaming.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2020, 12:33:36 AM »
Hmm.. so.. yeah.. It's not as dynamicy as I'd hoped for, but, yeah, Redeemed Citadel is a worthy farm fest. I'm enjoying it so far. They are really ...fleshing out Avernus from its humble beginnings. Not that I'm excited to spend more time in Hell.. but, yeah, they've made major strides to bring the zone to...life.

I just got done nearly fully upgrading my OLD NEW gear... on my first toon... so.. yeah.. must be time to farm up some New New Soon to be Old New Gear. But hey, they did it in a way that filled up 100ish instances earlier with busy ppl. (I shoulda looked how many there actually where.)

The new weapons are ~ as good as Lionheart but you don't have to farm Lionheart. So there's that. So far it looks similar to how we got the Old New Gear (Legion). Which was fairly straightforward and.. accessible as compared to Lionheart.

I can still get creamed in the harder Epic Dungeons (getting better! I can deeps a Lomm finally..) and don't run them often so I haven't even tried the hardest one yet.

Anyway, yeah. Thumbs up so far.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »
While it may have been one of our worst kept secrets, Mythic quality mounts have now arrived.

Free Pack

We also wanted to make sure everyone could enjoy the new mount features right away. When the changes go live, players will be able to claim one free pack per account from the reclaim agent which will give you the following items:
•75 Mount Upgrade Tokens
•Free Epic Mount Collar Choice Pack
•150 Stones of Empowerment – upgrade material for collars
•50 Greater Stones of Empowerment – upgrade material for collars
•100% off companion coupon.

Details:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477413
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2020, 07:50:23 PM »
95 full or nearly full Avernus instances and on a Wednesday with the Neverwinter Siege going on.. Not too shabby..
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
The newest breed of MMO farmers are carrying the torch, I tell ya.

In the latest Avernus farming effort (there have infamously been several already) we are all on a gauge. There is a leaderboard listing the farming efforts of everyone farming the latest farmables... I've already farmed my brains out in Avernus to the point that if I never see it again - that will suit me just fine. I am currently placed in the Mid Four Thousands... Like, you know, ~ 4500.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
Wow big patch:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11478343

Sooo first of all, the first campaign - Staff of Savras(sp) - is no more. Sibylla's shop is no more (I think..). The AI campaign is no longer available until level 60..  The Mount Change is live.. 'Most' Zen store companions are now Bind to Account instead of Character... Which ofc is very good.. BUT.. I think they are also no longer tradeable to other players due to as soon as you claim the comp with any of your characters he is Bind to Character... Which seems not so good.. We're in Redeemed Citadel Milestone II now..

And etc and so on.

Fairly big patch.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »
It's really too bad the wiki never gets updated anymore. I mean the game is pretty active and there are more than a few people regularly making how-to and other videos but the wiki hasn't been updated since I started playing and it is such a good resource for most/much of the game.

The big falling out seems to have happened when mod 16 came out. A lot of people left the game and I think that's when the wiki got left behind too.

Thing is, Mod 16 gave us Undermountain. If you started during Mod 16... like I did.. you might see it as one of the best mods ever just based on the Campaign. It's a straight line from beginning to end with endgamish rewards along the way including boons. (Different!) Quest (Different!) quest (Different!) quest, run Expedition, get Boon - rinse & repeat until complete. Simple. No time gates(?).. No multiple campaign paths... Much less repetitive quests. I would even go so far as to say it's overall enjoyable except I really don't like relic hunting in Expeditions - which you don't have to do.... but then you don't get a shot at some of the best companion gear in the game. I can't say that about any other campaign in the game. I LOATHE previous campaigns to one degree or another (not so much, the Mod 17+ ones, which are time gate and repetitive, but, fairly painless). All the time gating.. All of the tedious quests you do over and over and over. They feel like they take *forever* (and I never complete them like I always do with Undermountain on all my toons). They feel like a total waste of time except that they do give rewards that everyone wants if you have the patience (or spare RL cash laying around that you are willing to spend as a payoff for not having to play the content) to get them.

Anyway, yeah. It's too bad about the wiki. It used to be really great and it's a shame it's been abandoned. There's still plenty of people playing the game and making videos.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2020, 04:36:13 PM »
Ballsy.

That is the best word I can think of for Neverwinter developers. Ballsy. Big brass ballsy.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11481603

I say that not only due to the link but due to the link is not unusual.

I think this kind of thing is what loses a lot of players in any mmo. To be clear the link is talking about not just tweaking the core mechanics of the game but changing them completely. This is something that NW seems to do on a regular basis.

Now, anyone reading this is probably a long time mmo player. I don't have to explain to you what changing the core mechanics of a game can do to the core players. I came into NW after Mod 16, just a few mods ago, into a level 20 guild with all the best boons - that was deserted and never recovered. This mod coming up looks to be 'the next Mod 16'. I'm betting Mod 16 was 'the next Mod something else'.

Ballsy ballsy.

It's sad to see a game lose its core players but it's good to have an active development team that's not afraid to take chances for the greater good. But but.. The chances we are talking about wouldn't need to be taken if a 10 year old game could figure out how to scale properly. As far as I can tell, this is the driving force behind changes being (regularly?) made to the core of game.

I hope all works out well. I'm not sure how the changes will ultimately affect me and I'm not overly concerned about it due to I'm not married to the game but I do like playing the game and wish they'd eventually get to the Tweaking part of development rather than completely changing the rules every year or so. Take those Bonding Runestones that are going away, for example. It took me more than a few months to get mine to the highest rank and they were probably my most prized possession. After the next mod I can't even slot them. You wanna keep that kinda thing to a minimum when trying to retain the players you already have.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #73 on: December 24, 2020, 08:02:29 PM »
~~~
Edit: Disregard! I didn't read properly.. There's no giveaway. They're selling something. To a tough audience.
~~~

5x Rank 15 Enchants FREE!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11482483

Now who exactly is gonna pick which ones they want before Mod 20 hits..? Not me. If it ain't cheap I'm part of the buying freeze. Will be happy to toss these in my ever fattening bank though for sure.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 08:11:30 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2021, 08:07:16 PM »
For the next week (ending January 7 at 10am PT (19:00 CET)), players can claim 50 Reward Reroll Tokens* and the title “Unitis Constamus” at the RCA. We look forward to venturing into the new year together.

Almost forgot to post about more Free Stuff..

Anyone playing any of the other Cryptic games - feel free to post when there's free stuff because I know at least 1 person who'll log in to claim it.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2021, 01:12:43 AM »
nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 3,585Cryptic Developer › Community Manager
January 20 in News & Announcements

The changes to combat, Bonding Runestones, and Companions will be live tomorrow on PC. Additional bug fixes will be included in tomorrow's patch and patch notes will be made available later today.

These changes will be released on Console at a future date.
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2021, 06:54:53 PM »
I think I already said it all on the subject, but, just to summarize..

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 3,585Cryptic Developer › Community Manager
January 20 in News & Announcements

The changes to combat, Bonding Runestones, and Companions will be live tomorrow on PC. Additional bug fixes will be included in tomorrow's patch and patch notes will be made available later today.

These changes will be released on Console at a future date.

Ballsy.

That is the best word I can think of for Neverwinter developers. Ballsy. Big brass ballsy.

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2021, 02:51:58 AM »
OK so we have Percentages, now, with our stats, and we know when we are reaching our soft and hard caps on all content at a glance..

This is a positive thing.

I am real puzzled why Cryptic could do this with CoH a few hundred years ago but they are just now getting around to it with Neverwinter. And while they are at it - why not let me put those percentages on MY HUD. Like they did with CoH a few hundred years ago?

I mean and Neverwinter is like 10 years old, huh?

Other than that, so far, I have no major gripes with this major update (it's major because they changed the rules of combat and gear). I mean, not like you read nonstop in PE chat. I think those people maybe need to spend that time tweaking their gear and going out and play. I don't have any hard to get gear and I'm still doing the content I did before. So far! So far.

Now lemme put my numbers on the HUD, huh?

Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2021, 04:28:03 PM »
So Mod 20 is finally live after a week delay which is rare for Cryptic.

After that last Mod 19 patch (that was re-patched a few times)... it just doesn't seem as.. exciting? I mean, the last Mod 19 patch 'combat rework' changed the game. This patch adds a new campaign.

Anyway, yay it's out. I'm looking forward to it. I always said that I would have much rather started playing the game when a zone like Sharandar came out than when Hell Pit did.. Actually, Hell Pit has been one of my favorite events but I didn't need to play in hell/Avernus for an entire year or so..

It's just too bad they have to get rid of the original Sharandar.. That is probably my favorite zone or at the least at the top of the list.

Luckily the 40k IL entry level requirement (geezus..) is waived for the first week or two when new Sharandar is out. Whatever it said in patch notes..

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11484223
Some Faves:

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2021, 06:58:27 PM »
Who doesn't like a good character planner....

If you play or are considering to play NW I would highly recommend a newly majorly updated player made character planner from a well known Neverwinter youtube video creator, Rainer.. Neverwinter Character Creator plus:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/neverwinter-plus-48386108

I've just started using it (have my main and his main loadout in it) and don't even know all the options yet and am already recommending it. It has so many features and is pretty accurate and easy to use and is actively being developed. It also has the ability to link to submitted builds that you can load into this character planner to see what other people are using/doing without ever leaving the program. For example, I always wondered how much Bonus Healing people were running around with out there (it's so expensive to build up..) and with this tool I was able to see what people's total bonus healing was and exactly how they built it up.

I have not tried the wiki linkup or some of the other interesting looking options, yet, but, I've already seen enough to know that this can be a very helpful tool that looks good and is easy to use.

Use at your own risk, of course!

This program did give false positives for viruses when I installed and ran it. I say they are false due to I have never read a single complaint about this well known creator or his software, and, when I submitted the files my virus scanner flagged as being infected when I first ran the software to the errr virus company they came back marked clean.

Anyway, enjoy! If you aren't already..
Some Faves: