Author Topic: City of Heroes is Back Up!!!!  (Read 6175 times)

Ionmatrix

• Minion
City of Heroes is Back Up!!!!
« on: November 01, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »
Below is a re-post of a msg I placed on another thread. Just trying to get the word out.

Well as of Nov 1st 2019 I currently play City of Heroes. Some of u may not know this but its back. NCSoft knows all about them and as long as they don't try and make a profit and open an LLC they can use the code and open their servers. Which they have. https://forums.homecomingservers.com/index.php/topic,950.0.html

So Heroes see you online ohh they stay afloat via player donations. Last monthly goal of $6,500 was met in under 5 minutes. Sooo yeah lots of peeps hanging out. Awesome changes to the game as well heck they even have a 64bit version of the game now. See you there!!

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: City of Heroes is Back Up!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2019, 07:04:09 PM »
you seem excited  :D @ionmatrix in game? some of us have been playing a while now and can throw you seed inf

WanderingAries

• Elite Boss
  • @WanderingAries /\ Mostly on Torch
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 09:07:17 PM »
This post is so adorkable. ;)
Find me on Homecoming:
https://www.homecomingservers.com

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 03:51:01 AM »
Yeah, the news broke in April.  Titan's statement about it is here, although we're pretty much Switzerland.  We're not running any servers or specifically endorsing one.  We are in talks with Homecoming to work out an arrangement with NCSoft to keep the lights on with the various servers out there.  (I'm not involved myself, but Titan Network's administrator, Sekoia, is working with Homecoming and NCSoft.)  That news is better covered on Homecoming's forums.

While other server forums are probably better for talking about the community, people are free to discuss the games (as most still have a common thread content wise) here in the City of Heroes forum that you're reading now.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 01:13:18 AM »
Well as of Nov 1st 2019 I currently play City of Heroes.

Hehe I'm glad I'm not the only one who's late getting back into the game. Don't feel bad, you aren't the laaast one to get back in, plus, you made someone feel better!
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Ionmatrix

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 03:07:49 PM »
I guess I should have mentioned it but alas the fix is in lol. Anyway, I've been back since June 4th. I have 5 50s 47 alts ranging from lvls 10 to 45 so yeah I have been having a lot of fun. The SG I lead is called The Old Guard. Since I have been playing the game since issue 6 I figured that would be a cool name. Well, thanks for the cool responses and yes I am still excited about returning to this game after what, 7 years? OK I need to exit, but should you guys find yourselves on the Excelsior server look out for my new main named Atomic Truck. He's huge and has a giant blonde Mohawk. Take care Happy Holidays to you all.

Ionmatrix.  ;D