Author Topic: Marvel Heroes United/Talking Hulk  (Read 2133 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Marvel Heroes United/Talking Hulk
« on: December 09, 2019, 07:30:39 PM »
I got my second dose of Marvel Heroes United as well as a Talking Hulk but this time in a prominent role.

I have to say that even though they put a lot of honest effort into this episode of Heroes United, and, I wanted to like this Heroes United as much as the first episode I saw, I didn't like it nearly as much as the Iron Man/Captain America one with Hulk in a small role.

Talking Hulk, to me, is kinda boring. Now he's like everyone else.

I liked Hulk better when he was living proof that you don't have to be smart to be good. I liked the Hulk who in contrary to what most of us experience was a being who only got stronger and more capable the more frustrated he got.

Now he's like everyone else. We know what he's thinking and why he does things and the rage has words and explanations. Before, he was more a force of nature. His all powerful strength was balanced by his all powerful curse which he used to do good for simple reasons of right and wrong. Is how I remember him. Now, yeah, he's kinda like everyone else. In my limited exposure.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
Re: Marvel Heroes United/Talking Hulk
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 07:31:27 AM »
Is this a series on Disney+ or something?

In any case, I liked Mr. Fixit Hulk and Professor Hulk in the comics.  Savage Hulk is good, too, mind.  I loved that we got a bit of Professor Hulk in the last Avengers movie.
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2019, 08:59:40 AM »
It's direct to dvd movies from years ago.

Tenzhi

• Elite Boss
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 11:09:25 AM »
Ah, yes.  I remember forgetting them, now...
When you insult someone by calling them a "pig" or a "dog" you aren't maligning pigs and dogs everywhere.  The same is true of any term used as an insult.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2019, 03:40:32 PM »
It's direct to dvd movies from years ago.

Hehe really. That's funny. I lost regular contact with American TV ~ 1999 and any TV ~ 2008.

The episode with Iron Man and Captain America was pretty good. When I last watched cartoons they were studio made from television (ABC etc) - is that a step up from direct to dvd? Maybe. *shrug* the first one of these I saw was good. Good art, good story, great action, just like a good comic book cartoon. Thought someone might want to add it to their Netflix list for some classic Sunday morning style TV (with cartoons). If anyone but me would do that sorta thing it'd probably be here.

Oh yeah, and, talking Hulk is boring. I mean, as a gimmick, it's ok, but making it a regular thing makes him boring.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »
See if Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is on there as it's far and away the best marvel cartoon from those years. Xmen Evolution got good late and Wolverine & the Xmen was slow to start but got better as it went before getting cancelled. Blade series was good too but live action and cancelled too soon. Guessing Disney+ would have those rather than Netflix, though.

If you missed american tv from 1999 though did you miss Justice League/JL Unlimited/Young Justice? Cuz those are great (with the exception of some filler in s3 of yj). And you might like Legion of Superheroes.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2019, 08:48:21 PM »
Some Faves:

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 12:26:06 AM »
The only Justice League I know is the really corny old Justice League of America cartoons that I watched every weekend when I was little. I remember the JLA comic books being kinda corny but way better.

You absolutely have to see Justice League season 1 (2001), Season 2 (2003), and Justice League Unlimited (2004-2005)which was actually season 3-4 of Justice League. It is without question the best incarnation of the Justice League and just plain  one of the best cartoons out there.  Then there is Young Justice which ran 2011-2012 and has been picked up again and continued just this year. It's not Justice League though, it's more a version of Teen Titans, and a very very good one. Unfortunately currently the only ways to see them are to buy them or subscribe to DC Universe. I bought them.

Xev

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 01:10:12 AM »
I've got way more entertainment than time lately. Not complaining. I bet DC Universe is an interesting channel. Look forward to checking out Justice League. The old JLA teams were so good it helped make up for the fact the cartoons were kinda silly.
Some Faves: