Author Topic: Runaways Season 3  (Read 3192 times)

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
Runaways Season 3
« on: December 14, 2019, 06:08:13 AM »
 Is Anyone still watching the series?

Vee

• Elite Boss
Re: Runaways Season 3
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 08:57:38 AM »
I'm watching but just one ep in to s3 so far.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 11:54:37 PM »
Only into episode 2 but it's already better than season 2. Looking forward to the Cloak and Dagger crossover.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 04:02:44 AM »
The crossover episode was OK, but the premise felt a little forced.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2019, 02:13:22 AM »
The crossover episode was OK, but the premise felt a little forced.

I don't know about forced.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Suddenly that dimension made sense if it's the same dark dimension Cloak and Dagger have been traveling to.  And I can see Tyrone being attracted because of something making a breach into it allowing people trapped there to escape.

Now the sheer stupidity of the actions that took place was definitely forced.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Especially Gert suddenly becoming the least intelligent member of the group.

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 05:15:02 AM »
Spoiler for Hidden:
Suddenly that dimension made sense if it's the same dark dimension Cloak and Dagger have been traveling to.  And I can see Tyrone being attracted because of something making a breach into it allowing people trapped there to escape.
More specifically, I mean it felt like that just came completely out of left field.  Up to that point, there were no indications whatsoever that these characters were even in the same universe.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2019, 05:50:08 AM »
More specifically, I mean it felt like that just came completely out of left field.  Up to that point, there were no indications whatsoever that these characters were even in the same universe.

True, but it did follow the comics.  Well as much as C&D crossed over into Runaways to help them out.  In the original version it followed the old trope of somebody tricking C&D into thinking the Runaways were villains and after a fight they realized they were all good so they teamed up.  I am so glad they altered that cliche storyline.

And I find it perfectly acceptable that there was no indication because at this point in both the shows there is zero reason either of them would have heard of the exploits of the others. Both shows are really self contained.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2019, 06:16:55 AM »
So long as the Darkhold is the only shield character that shows up i'm happy

Dev7on

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 02:20:42 PM »
Can anybody explain the plot of the last episode? I was confused as hell.

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2019, 10:16:13 PM »
Can anybody explain the plot of the last episode? I was confused as hell.

Yeah, all that time jumping could get confusing but I'll do my best.  I was going to do a fast scan through to double check but I can't get anything to play on Hulu right now so this is from memory.

Spoiler for Hidden:
First: In the comics Alex was a villain and worked with Pride betraying the rest of the group and was killed.  So it looks like the series was sort of following this path because since the beginning they have been insinuating that he wanted the powers of the others. Then in the Cloak and Dagger episode Tandy saw that his greatest hope was to have taken those powers from the others.  So evil Alex isn't really coming out of nowhere.

The past 2016.  This is the time just before the Runaways first got back together. In other words the start of the series.

Current time 2019. The Runaways just fought Morgana and Gert died.

Future 2022. After Gert dies we jump a couple years forward. Nico took off to study mystic stuff. Karolina has a new girlfriend named Julie. Molly is back in school as a Senior about to graduate. Chase has become a recluse locked in his lab working on time travel. Alex has taken after his parents and is running a mega company with his dad.

Further future 2028  Chase has solved the problem of time travel and plans to go back to 2019 and save Gert.  Alex has gone full villain and the rest of the Runaways have turned against him.  Somebody, possibly one of the Runaways has made an attempt on Alex's life with a bomb.  Because Alex helped solve the time travel equations he also has access to time travel.  Alex decides to go back to 2022 and kill the others so they never get a chance to turn against him.  Chase puts aside his saving Gert plan till he can stop Alex so he follows him back to 2022.

OK, so now we have Chase and Alex from 2028 running around in timeline 2022.  Alex's attempts to kill the others fails because Chase has warned them and because Nico is more powerful than Alex knew. So he flees to 2016 to stop them before they ever became a group.  Chase recruits the 2022 runaways (except for the 2022 Chase who is still in his lab) And they jump back to stop Alex.  They all go back and interact with themselves a bit and then manage to stop 2028 Alex.  2028 Alex says he will go along with their plan to save Gert.

The 2022 crew plus 2028 Alex and Chase go to 2019 so at this point we have the parents, 2019 Gert, 2019 Chase, 2028 Chase, 2019 Alex, 2022 Alex, 2028 Alex, 2019 Molly, 2022 Molly, 2019 Nico, 2022 Nico, 2019 Karolina, 2022 Karolina.

So the things that get altered in 2019 are that they save Gert but 2022 Chase gets killed.  2022 Nico tells 2019 Nico not to run away from Karolina but to stay and face the future together. But then she wipes her mind to forget how she got that idea.  And lastly 2028 Alex left 2019 Alex a note telling him to kill Nico. Then all the 2022 and 2028 people fade away because the timeline has been altered due to saving Gert.

So if there were a season 4 then Alex probably would have been the big bad.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2019, 11:35:53 PM »
I knew if i waited before explaining it Mandu would in depth.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Funny that they had two references to Victor Mancha. I wonder if they were just easter eggs or if there's some plan for the Runaways in the future being folded into the MCU stuff (being Ultron's 'son' would make Victor prime Wandavision material).

Tahquitz

• Titan Staff
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2019, 02:36:10 PM »
So long as the Darkhold is the only shield character that shows up i'm happy

[Before finishing Season 4]
SHIELD is a great show!  How dare you!

[Beginning of Season 5]
Okay, I'm seeing your point.

[End of Season 5]
Yep.  No connection whatsoever to MCU.  This is a full 80's style spin-off now.
"Work is love made visible." -- Khalil Gibran

Mandu

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 02:38:00 AM »
I knew if i waited before explaining it Mandu would in depth.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Funny that they had two references to Victor Mancha. I wonder if they were just easter eggs or if there's some plan for the Runaways in the future being folded into the MCU stuff (being Ultron's 'son' would make Victor prime Wandavision material).

Spoiler for Hidden:
There is also a good chance that Karolinas future girlfriend is Julie Power (all growed up from Power Pack) since the two wound up together in the comics.

Vee

• Elite Boss
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2019, 05:36:32 AM »
That didn't even occur to me since
Spoiler for Hidden:
even if they had called her Julie instead of Jules I'm not sure I'd have remembered her name is Julie even though I read Avengers Academy within the last few months. My memory is just that terrible.

MyriVerse

• Prom King 2017
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 04:55:48 PM »
Although her strawberry blonde hair was one thing I always loved about Julie, that was an awesome Easter Egg.

Regardless of who says what, I will assume all Marvel characters in Marvel-made shows are in the same universe.

The premise of the crossover wasn't really forced considering what Morgan was trying to do. It would definitely screw with Cloak in a huge way.
aka Majadi | Sugar Cane | Absinthe | Killer Antz | Bogatyra | ...
Best Video Game of 2016 -- Paragon Chat!!!
Codewalker for Mayor of Paragon!