Author Topic: And the Survey Says...  (Read 2657 times)

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
And the Survey Says...
« on: March 27, 2020, 07:19:05 PM »
"You sent me a survey way too late.."

I got an interesting survey in my mail from CO. Maybe you did too.

As a game to play, CO is way down on the priority list right now but it never left it. Good on them for scanning for feedback. It's a great game so I hope that something positive comes out of this.

My problem with CO wasn't so much what they *weren't* doing.. it's what they *were* doing.. Making things less fun. Pretty much. I think that was the focus when I stopped playing. "How can we take existing things that are fun and make them not fun". Pretty much. And at the very same time I was totally uninterested in anything new they did (due to, in no small part, because they Made you run it... To Get The Top End Gear From The Old New Top End Content).. Big no-no.. Well, and, the nonstop nonstop evergoing nerfs...

So, old good stuff ruined + new stuff totally uninteresting = what else is there to play, lets go see. Pretty much.

Anyway, yeah. I applaud their effort. I want to see the game do well. I used to luuuv running the same old Alurts over and over. I wasn't one bit tired of it at all even after hundreds and hundreds. I was perfectly happy with how things were. I used to think "How great must this game be, that, over the years since before I even started playing, they've chipped away at what's fun about it, and It's Still Fun." And then it wasn't for me, too. Just like for all the people in this forum that I told to just chill out and have fun. When all *I* did about the game was complain.. *poof* I was gone.

I might fill out enough of the survey to mention my luv for Alurts. I can contribute that much I guess. And to mention my Cosmic Loathing.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 07:26:00 PM by Xev »
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>

ZeeHero

• Minion
Re: And the Survey Says...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 03:28:32 AM »
Yeah they destroyed CO precisely by trying to "develop" it. but what they did was ruin anything good about it.

They are dead set on turning it into some hardcore raiding MMO- and of course are failing miserably in every way possible becuase CO can -never ever- be that and not be completely awful.

CO needed to focus on its strengths to be saved. now its far too late. it's like trying to save someone with a very bad bacterial infection by amputating their uninfected leg and tons of unsterilized leeches.

Xev

• Elite Boss
  • |STO|~Luckshot-D'Xev-T'Xev> |CO|~Deeps-Jooc-IDAK>
Re: And the Survey Says...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 07:37:56 PM »
Yeah they destroyed CO precisely by trying to "develop" it. but what they did was ruin anything good about it.

They are dead set on turning it into some hardcore raiding MMO- and of course are failing miserably in every way possible becuase CO can -never ever- be that and not be completely awful.

CO needed to focus on its strengths to be saved. now its far too late. it's like trying to save someone with a very bad bacterial infection by amputating their uninfected leg and tons of unsterilized leeches.

I don't see why CO can't be serious (bigger endgame) and not still so serious (costume contests/running Alurts) at the same time.

I haven't played the game for a long time so I can't comment on anything current with it. When I was playing I always thought they could use a bigger endgame, but.... not just bits and pieces of one. They just seemingly randomly add seemingly random content that you have to be high level to run every once in awhile. That's the CO endgame I know.

Really, though, the only problem I really had with the game was the nerfs and rule changes that were supposed to be leading up to some master plan they had with the game and then all we got were these small, comparatively insignificant (to the forced retcons and nerfs), seemingly random non-interconnected updates which could laughably be referred to as an Endgame. They never restored Tradeskilling. Never brought back the Foundry. You know, the stuff people were actually asking for and that add dimension to the game.

I'd say take a break and come play some Neverwinter but I'm guessing you've already given it a go. It's nice how they have the end parse in NW so you can kinda effortlessly track your build progress. I'm finally doing well in these parses and know how to make pretty decent twinks.. I dunno why I had such a hard time getting to this point but then again I said that with STO. Except with STO, I had some significant pilot error to work through.. In NW, 99% of my problem was not knowing what to buy and to not waste my time on.

So waht are they doing to CO, now? I accidentally clicked the launcher recently and saw they were messing with Therakial's. Nothing's sacred to the CO dev teams and that is one of the holiest holies so I wasn't filled with optimism after reading that news. Instead of breaking all of the old game, that we all luv, why can't they come up with compatible ideas of their own, huh. I used to ask myself that a lot.

I still think good thoughts about CO and always wish it well btw - just to be clear  : ) I wish the game and its community nothing but goody goodness.
Some Faves:

Jooc  ~L50 TW/Ele Brute> Senge  ~L50 Claws/Fire Brute> Leezard  ~L50 Claws/Regen Scrapper> Kosmoz  ~L50 Fire/MM Blaster>  Xev  ~L50 Ice/Emp Troller> |NW|~~ Erste ~L80 Warlock> Reks ~L80 Rogue> Phizzl ~L80 Wizard> Ayeron Gahls McBinty ~L80 Fighter>