Author Topic: Bugs in the new release  (Read 21582 times)

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
Bugs in the new release
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »
Couple of things I've noticed now that you're back up:

1.  Badge Checklists don't seem to be working.  Regardless of the badges I have on a character or their verification state, pulling up a checklist prints a checklist of all badges, as if I had none.  I probably miss that feature the most.

2.  Checking badges and adding them manually doesn't seem to alter the badge count for the character, or the unverified count.

3.  If you check a bunch of badges and manually add them, when the screen refreshes other badges will be checked that are in the same position as the previous badges.  You should probably clear the state of those checkboxes when the page refreshes so badges aren't accidentally added.

4.  Your "about" link at the top of the cityinfotracker top bar (any page but the main home page) doesn't link to a valid page.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Bugs in the new release
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:28:31 AM »
Couple of answers :P

1. I don't believe we fully tested this feature prior to release.  That will be corrected along with the upcoming features not currently present, sorry about that.

2. The Badge Count is strictly a Verified Count, therefore doing anything Manually will not change the Number, just the display of Badges (Obtained List vs the Unobtained List per Character, as you're used to from CIT).  Verification is still only present from the Tracking Programs, which should be functional via the Webservice sometime next week.

3. I see what you're saying, this is actually odd, that's not supposed to be happening.

4. The About and Search Pages are not active yet.  Nor are the Group Pages (via the dropdown and the main Link) for that matter.  Those will come in time.

Arcana

• Sultaness of Stats
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:36:00 AM »
The Badge Count is strictly a Verified Count, therefore doing anything Manually will not change the Number, just the display of Badges (Obtained List vs the Unobtained List per Character, as you're used to from CIT).  Verification is still only present from the Tracking Programs, which should be functional via the Webservice sometime next week.

One of my characters shows 566, and directly below that "U: 1".  I assumed that the U: 1 was the number of unverified badges on that character.  If so, adding more badges manually isn't changing that number.  If the U: 1 means something else, let me know.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:12 AM »
seems like someone isn't seeing the "Confirm Password" field, so he can't register ...
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 01:47:52 PM »
One of my characters shows 566, and directly below that "U: 1".  I assumed that the U: 1 was the number of unverified badges on that character.  If so, adding more badges manually isn't changing that number.  If the U: 1 means something else, let me know.

No, you're right.  Maverick and I had talked about going from a stored tally to doing a live count, and that just hasn't made it in yet.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
seems like the missing "Confirm Password" is a FF2 issue?
cuz that person upgraded to FF3, and the site showed correctly

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 06:11:32 PM »
I could not find a Confirm Password field on the CIT.cohtitan Pages, however on the CoHTitan main page, I saw it and was able to use it without problem. All with FF 2.0.0.16  Is that what you are refering to?

Velkoth

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
I would like to add that the Download TNT links only go to a "Ooops! This page doesn't exist!" page.  Is the tracker not yet released?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 07:42:04 PM »
You should be able to get the Download from the CoHTitan Main Page, we are aware of the Link on the CIT Site not working properly.

Velkoth

• Underling
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 07:53:51 PM »
Great, I was able to DL and install TNT from the main page link.  However TNT is not allowing me to log in  :(

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 07:57:15 PM »
Great, I was able to DL and install TNT from the main page link.  However TNT is not allowing me to log in  :(

TNT is not up-to-date with the new data structure.  I am working on getting it fixed.

I hope to have it fixed next week (well most of it).
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 08:02:22 PM »
i can confirm there is a bug in the code
just tested it with some friends' computer (who has FF2, i have FF3)

in FF2 the "Confirm Password" field isn't showing ...
and it does show in FF3 ...

Citizen Razor

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 01:14:57 PM »
FYI, the new "Roman" badge is not included in your list of badges yet. 

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 02:12:14 PM »
That's the one for Defeating Romulus isn't it?  We had not added it prior because of it failing to be awarded.  I recall the Patch notes stating it was fixed, however none of us got the chance to test it.  We'll get it added in, thanks for the FYI.

Catharctic

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:04:11 PM »
That's the one for Defeating Romulus isn't it?  We had not added it prior because of it failing to be awarded.  I recall the Patch notes stating it was fixed, however none of us got the chance to test it.  We'll get it added in, thanks for the FYI.

By "None of us" you don't mean me?  ;)

I've got it on several characters already.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
Well, ever since the Admin Interface for CIT has been down, I've not been able to confirm who had it, so ya...that's a start in the right direction lol.  So what it basically comes down to is, Mav, Dan or Terry can add it into the DB manually, or one of them can Update the Admin Area so that we can once again do that.  And all will be well again. :P

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2008, 04:35:48 AM »
When you click on 'Manage my Account', and then click on Profile for any character on your list you end up getting a blank page that simply says 'Profile' right below the City Info Tracker banner. 

I'll go out on a limb and guess that this was suppose to be something like the old page where you could look at your characters badges, origin, 'info', picture, etc (which I'll admit I not only liked, but really missed while you guys were down), so I hope this is on your 'going to be fixed' list.

Thanks in advance.

Justice Blues

• Minion
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2008, 07:05:02 AM »
Here is one for you. I go to www.cohtitan.com and get the new front page, with a log in area. I enter my name and password, click Log In, and it takes me to http://www.cohtitan.com/login. I put my info in there, and it just refreshes. Nothing else happens. If I click on the CIT button on the front page, it correctly takes me to the new site, and I am already logged in.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »
Delete all your cookies for cohtitan.com and try again.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »
Comcast has decided to ruin my weekend with outages, and I've got a major project for work due tomorrow that's going to eat up today, but after that I'll be cranking out bugfixes as fast as I can code :)