Author Topic: Bugs in the new release  (Read 21547 times)

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
Re: Bugs in the new release
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 12:33:23 PM »
Comcast has decided to ruin my weekend with outages, and I've got a major project for work due tomorrow that's going to eat up today, but after that I'll be cranking out bugfixes as fast as I can code :)

Now who pays you more - :P
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
Now who pays you more - :P

LOL!

Kieran89, you are correct, that is the very same Profile Page that you speak of.  It's on the higher part of our "To be added in" list, I assure you ;).

Zxaos

• Underling
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 05:19:22 PM »
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but you can't change your Titan Key password (changing your forum password works fine, though).

You get

Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Call to undefined method User::change_password() in /var/www/cohtitan.com/manage.php on line 25

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
Ah yes, that's another known issue that we are looking at.

saphrey

• Underling
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
I'm noticing several badges are missing

Surging
Wolf Spider Tac Ops
to name two

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2008, 04:35:50 PM »
I'm noticing several badges are missing

Surging
Wolf Spider Tac Ops
to name two

Wolf Spider Tac Ops (Gladiator - CoV) is present, I have it under my MM.  As for Surging (Achievement - CoV), that's still there as well.  According to what I can see, from the CIT Site, all Badges are accounted for.

saphrey

• Underling
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2008, 05:57:44 PM »
Its not coming up on my Spider for some reason. I checked my Brute, I can see them there, but rechecked the Spider, and nada.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2008, 06:14:58 PM »
Its not coming up on my Spider for some reason. I checked my Brute, I can see them there, but rechecked the Spider, and nada.

Strange. At first I was thinking it's a Soldier of Arachnos issue, but no, both of those badges show up on my Bane Spider.  I'll have to dig into it more.  If anyone comes across this please let me know.

Also - just a shot in the dark but if you go to the page and do a Control+F and search for the badge titles, do they show up?   Keep in mind the default sort is on the settitle number, and not the name.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2008, 06:29:55 PM »
Everything I tried, those Badges as well as Hammer Down and Strike Buster do not show up.  Even with Ctrl + F to search.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2008, 06:30:33 PM »
Everything I tried, those Badges as well as Hammer Down and Strike Buster do not show up.  Even with Ctrl + F to search.

You just said they DID show up....

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2008, 06:43:48 PM »
You just said they DID show up....

Err.... what I meant from "According to what I can see, from the CIT Site, all Badges are accounted for." was that the Badge List in general held all the Badges, as well as any non-VEAT AT, so they are all still in the System, then my Testing showed the missing Badges in the same fashion as you tested, on VEATS only...I guess I was a little unclear.  Sorry. :P

Full Description:

All of the VEAT types that I made, all the combos possible in our System, those 4 Badges (and probably more, I didn't give it a full look) never appear in the Manage Badge Listing.  However, the Badge List Page in general (http://cit.cohtitan.com/badges/list) shows all Badges because they all exist in our DB.

Granted, something is awry because I never saw those Badges during my Manual Character Creation, but your Existing Bane Spider has them present you say.  I can't explain that...

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2008, 06:51:19 PM »
Ok, I'll try adding new VEATs in and give that a whirl then.

CoolB

• Underling
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2008, 08:42:32 AM »
I just made a warshade and a peacebringer, but the badge listing for both characters are the ones for villains.

Greysteele

• Minion
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
I just logged in for the first time (since before the shutdown) and my character list is a mess.  I think all of the toons are there, but the info is almost all wrong.  One of my 50s (Goldstar on Guardian) is listed as level 40 and the other 50 (Nova Healer on Guardian) says level 1.  Was there a system-wide loss or corruption of data in the move?

If it helps, I have a snapshot of the last good data for most of those toons (the ones on Guardian) cached on our SG site - http://greysteele.com/StarForce/GroupList.asp

Are there plans to have the old functionality (search by name, server, SG/VG) on the new site?  Or are these things already working on the mysterious "Whoops" pages (like Stats and Badge List)?

Speaking of our SG site:  Will y'all be offering methods to allow pulling info like you had before?  I'm talking specifically about the old /api/PublicMethods.asmx/ListBySupergroup functionality.

Hang in there guys...  This too shall pass.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 10:24:19 PM »
A possible explanation of your data "loss" is the merging of the separate CIT and CGT character tables.   It's possible one was out of sync with the other, and the incorrect one won out.  I didn't do that merge so I can't say what exact logic was used, but that seems the likely cause.

Another important note is that anything that was being "tracked" during the downtime didn't make it to the new database, that's a known issue.

Search is coming back, we're still working on the details of that.  We're trying to weigh functionality, usefulness, and privacy differently than before, but it's definitely high on the list.

Yes, we will be making public APIs for you all to get data back out for your own sites and projects. Whether that ends up being .NET webservices or straight XML feeds, that's yet to be determined.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2008, 07:53:19 AM »
Since updating to 1.0.4.0, every time I try to log onto the titan tracker I get the following error message:

"We are in the process of moving servers, and we are working on a new version of TNT that is compatible with the new data.  Please check out cit.cohtitan.com for more info" -- but there's no information about this on the CIT site at all. 

From that point, it won't let me login as the Login button is greyed out.  Since no one else seems to be mentioning this...I figured I'd post...

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2008, 11:19:59 AM »
Good point!

We should probably put this on the site in the news section.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »
Good point!

We should probably put this on the site in the news section.

To get the rest of the explanation out, others have mentioned the Greyed out Login and our reason for that is because the TNT App hasn't been fully Updated yet.  Not only to work with our DB, but because the newest Patch to CoX has the HeroStats program out of wack, and since we use the DLLs from HS, we cannot make progress until Skip works on his Program.

SuburbanHell

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2008, 08:48:26 PM »
Makes sense, hopefully it'll be up and running soon, even though the site had been down for a while I was still using it to figure out which of my chars was closest in % to the next level, which was an easy way to give me something to work toward every week. :)

Dinah

• Underling
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2008, 10:57:13 PM »
Alright, just created a key to check out the new site.  Manually added my 2 mains, Dinah Simon & Ciara Cattivo.  Set them both as main when I plugged them in initially and it worked.  Also set Server to Virtue and it worked.

When I went to edit their profiles to add their powersets, the "Main Character" was reset, as well as the server.  At this point, I can only set one of them to Main (when it explicitly says I can have one hero, one villain set to main), and the server field never sticks.

Duno if this has anything to do with a merger - I had some really old data on CIT that likely had these 2 characters, but stopped using that well over a year ago.

Just figured I'd mention it :)