Author Topic: Login to Titan Key  (Read 4130 times)

Dr Toerag

• Underling
Login to Titan Key
« on: July 24, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
I am trying to link to the Red Tomax site, and it says I need to login here:
http://www.cohtitan.com/login
first. I login there, and it just resets the page and doesn't give me any other options. If I use a deliberately wrong password, it informs me, but when the password is correct (that is, no login failure notice) it resets to the same page, http://www.cohtitan.com/login
I've asked for a new Titan Key random password to the registered e-mail address, but I'm now wondering whether this is a problem that won't be solved that way.
Am I alone with this problem?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Login to Titan Key
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 01:58:21 PM »
Hey Dr. Toerag, I've just sent your a reply via the support Email you sent in.

It sounds likes a Cookie issue with your Browser, so I've suggested that you clear out your Cookies and try again.  If that does not work, then we will look into it further.  It has happened to a few thus far, so you are not alone.

Dr Toerag

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 07:37:37 PM »
That seems to have done the trick, thanks :).
Do I still need to ask the Red Tomax site to be linked manually?
It sent me to the Titan network to register, then they said to log in using my Titan Key, then that sent me back to the Titan network to register, and so on ad infinitum....

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 07:58:33 PM »
Well, there's nothing really at Red Tomax's site these days that requires an account. He used to have his own forums, but has since moved over to using ours.

I'm not sure what you'd need to log in for really.

Dr Toerag

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 08:34:48 PM »
Ok, it just gave the option, so I thought I'd try it. Never having logged into it, I didn't know what I'd have found :).

Dark Horizon

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »
Not sure if this is related, but shouldn't logging into your Titan Network key automatically log you into any of the member sites when you navigate to one?  I always come here first, login to my key, but find I still have to login individually to any member site I visit, even though I'm still logged into the key.

I think that made sense...

Or am I not understanding the purpose of the network key?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Global Log-In?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
I've always thought that was the point of the key.

Since almost ALL the site are now on the same server there is almost nothing stopping us from doing this.

We're going to have to switch the method in which the sessions are read... but that's a simple change.

However, retrofitting the authorization to grab this info and log you in on the load of the site branch will be slightly more time consuming.

TonyV and I have been talking about bringing this into practice. We'll let you know if we've made any progress on it here on this thread.

(Good to know more people want this out of the Titan Key)
~Steinerd

Dark Horizon

• Minion
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
Wow, sounds like a bear.  I wasn't sure if it was already supposed to be working that way.  Happy to hear it's planned, hate to have to be the one to implement it (lol!).