Author Topic: Code download for recompilation.  (Read 5276 times)

Zxaos

• Underling
Code download for recompilation.
« on: July 25, 2008, 04:23:03 PM »
The one issue with MHD for me has always been that I generally want to use it on my laptop, which is a linux machine.

Seeing as MIDS is a .NET program, it should be trivial to recompile the program with Mono (the linux .NET compatible API) to run natively, if the source code were available.  The, I wouldn't have to create a virtual machine to launch a virtual copy of winxp to run ONE program.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
Re: Code download for recompilation.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
Doesn't Mono compile as an .exe.  I thought it was just so .NET developers could work on Linux, not necessarily make it run on Linux.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:29:53 PM »
According to Mono's FAQ, there's no need to recompile a .NET binary that was compiled with Visual Studio.

Of course, I may have an over-simplified understanding of the system.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 05:33:05 PM »
...and i just checked, i'm using some features and functions not currently implemented in Mono, so it could act a little oddly.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 05:44:47 PM by Mids »
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

FlameBlade

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:42:03 AM »
But would you consider making the source code public?

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:59:26 AM »
Not at this time, no. In the future, who can say?
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 03:29:18 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much about it Flame.

Though Mids' app is probably the best out there for idealing a character... SuckerPunch and I have huge plans for the cohplanner... it's literally going to be our answer to those who can't install .NET framework.

It will rival Mids' number system... (And will probably require some help from Mids himself).

However, it's going to be awhile... as faces just hit it's first release candidate phase, and there are about 2 more to come, 2.) Fix all the bugs and issues 3.) add "The List" of features.    Luckily those next to phases have been being done at the same time.

But until faces is tighter than a snare drum... I don't believe SuckerPunch will have the time to go further with the planners.

~Steinerd

konoko

• Minion
  • Under your Keyboard
    • konoko's ramblings
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 08:08:47 PM »
...and i just checked, i'm using some features and functions not currently implemented in Mono, so it could act a little oddly.
I wonder if those functions are why the left hand power section disappears under WINE with .NET 2.0
-Paragonwiki Admin

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 10:58:59 PM »
I wonder if those functions are why the left hand power section disappears under WINE with .NET 2.0
I don't think so. I've actually had it do that for me on 2 occasions under Windows now. But only the two, I just can't seem to replicate it to work out why the hell it does it. :-\
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.