Author Topic: Suggestions on an Ice/Ice build  (Read 77841 times)

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
Re: Suggestions on an Ice/Ice build
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2007, 08:00:52 AM »

agree with that ^^

ok, i think i'll respec today. keep you posted

Catharctic

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »
First, Posi's Blast has a real issue about Recharge. I don't know why they did it, but if you use all 6 pieces of the set, you only have about 25% Recharge. As far as I'm concerned, having it recharge 40% faster is more important than 70 extra points of damage. If I want the extra 70 points...I'll throw Ice Bolt. ;)

Posi's Set Bonuses have a 6.25% Global recharge for slotting 5 of the set. That's why the total for the set is lower. With 2.5% Recovery (for 2) and 9% Accuracy (for 4) along the way, that's in the top tier of set bonuses. With the bonuses stacked right in the Targetted AoEs and Melee sets, you could pass that "40% faster" very easily, and get nice damage to boot.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 06:49:34 AM »
Posi's Set Bonuses have a 6.25% Global recharge for slotting 5 of the set. That's why the total for the set is lower. With 2.5% Recovery (for 2) and 9% Accuracy (for 4) along the way, that's in the top tier of set bonuses. With the bonuses stacked right in the Targetted AoEs and Melee sets, you could pass that "40% faster" very easily, and get nice damage to boot.

I'm not saying there's a problem with the other set bonuses in total.

The 6.25% Recharge bonus would make sense...if the recharge of the set was around 60 or 70%.

It has approximately 25% Recharge included.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »

i've respected, and til now, everything goes really smooth even if i dont have all the HO/IO/sets completed.

so far, 3 dev 2 posi more or less, 2 pacing, 2 HO acc/hold.
i'm still missing 6 HO movement/end, 6 ho buffacc/rchgrdx, and the really rare LotG rchg.
and miracle, but this one'll be mine soon.

and so far... it's already awsome.
i get with hasten a long un-interrupted chain attack.
i blast, and blast, and blast.. and should i have a dead time in my attacks, i still have my hold/immo powers, and BU/Aim.

that's really great.. the only major problem : i get this movement malus after a hit... so i need to move with combat jumping for a time, to be able to move a little (theres no restriction on combat after a hit). when i start hiting a lot, and hold stacks, i can stop moving, or switch to superjump so if there's a stalker somewhere, i can move fast.
the ice storm prevents stalker...

so here i am... waiting for the influ to come..
i have a nice "trick" : i organise raids on mothership for those who want vanguard medals and/or bombs/rikti meta.
i get a lot of influence. do that twice per evening, then rikti tf on invincible.
and there you go ^^:p
otherwise, during the day, there's almost no one at RV. so i get a mech, and destroy turrets... gets 50K one.. yummy.

i go back to "work" ^^
see you

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2007, 05:08:41 PM »
Good. :)

You'll get the hang of working with switching between SJ and CJ in PvP. It just takes some hours of practice. :)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2007, 08:08:24 AM »

(just to let you know where i am in this build)

made a STF yesterday... got 2HO from friends : Acc/hold and BuffAcc/rchgrdx

and checked my controller : she has a lotg 7,5 ^^

so, not much left to go.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 05:28:57 PM »
Good. :)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2007, 04:35:44 PM »

after farming tf rikti and Stf, got 30 millions, and i managed to buy a Miracle +recup.

so one more done.. it's really great. i play with my toggles, and really get out of end when i hit Blizzard, or after a real long attack chain.

cant wait to have thoses Mov/end Ho...

went to pvp... get domi down in a few secs...
get stalker down in a few secs...

get brute... well.. elec are hard to kill, but they get killed in the end ^^

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2007, 06:15:43 PM »
Sounds like it's working well for ya. :)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 11:54:17 PM »

well, the more i play with it, the more i like it, and the more i'm impressed at tht thought of what it'll be when complete.

i made a respec 3 the other day... i was the first in melee to hit the mobs with BU/Aim + ice storm/nova/hibernate.

runed the TF in less than 3 hours, not tha tmuche death, no heal.

now i'm only missing 2 lotg, 2 posi, 5 HO rchgrdx/buffAcc

so i'm starting to practice... brutes are a real pain in the... especially /elec. they resist all when ultime is on...
but the others... stalkers/dominators/corruptors get all in the back without seeing where it comes from ^^ ;D

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2007, 11:33:15 PM »

here i come from time to time (got connection problems at home).

just to ask iltat if there are any changes that could be done with the new violet IOs ?

thanks
and happy new year ^^

Icy

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2007, 02:00:35 AM »
I haven't had much time to revamp my builds yet using purples.

It may take me a little while to get around to it, but I'll knock something out with them.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 11:45:02 PM »
Icy PvP with Ice Storm and Blizz: Level 50 Mutation Blaster
Primary Power Set: Ice Blast
Secondary Power Set: Ice Manipulation
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fitness
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Cold Mastery

Hero Profile:
------------
Level 1:   Ice Bolt         Dev'n-Acc/Dmg:53(A), Dev'n-Dmg/EndRdx:53(3), Dev'n-Dmg/Rchg:53(3), Dev'n-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:53(5), Dev'n-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:53(5), Dev'n-Hold%:53(7)
Level 1:   Chilblain         Empty(A)
Level 2:   Ice Blast         Dev'n-Acc/Dmg:53(A), Dev'n-Dmg/EndRdx:53(7), Dev'n-Dmg/Rchg:53(9), Dev'n-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:53(9), Dev'n-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:53(11), Dev'n-Hold%:53(11)
Level 4:   Ice Sword         Mako-Acc/Dmg:53(A), Mako-Dmg/EndRdx:53(15), Mako-Dmg/Rchg:53(15), Mako-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg:53(29), Mako-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:53(31), P'ngS'Fest-Stun%:30(31)
Level 6:   Aim            GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx:50(A), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(13), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg:50(13), GSFC-ToHit:50(43), GSFC-Build%:50(48), HO:Membr(48)
Level 8:   Freeze Ray         UbrkCons-Hold:50(A), UbrkCons-Hold/Rchg:50(31), UbrkCons-Acc/Hold/Rchg:50(33), UbrkCons-Acc/Rchg:50(33), UbrkCons-EndRdx/Hold:50(33)
Level 10:   Combat Jumping         LkGmblr-Rchg+:53(A)
Level 12:   Ice Storm         Ragnrk-Dmg:50(A), Ragnrk-Dmg/Rchg:50(34), Ragnrk-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(34), Ragnrk-Acc/Rchg:50(34), Ragnrk-Dmg/EndRdx:50(36)
Level 14:   Super Jump         HO:Micro(A), HO:Micro(43)
Level 16:   Build Up         GSFC-Rchg/EndRdx:50(A), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx:50(17), GSFC-ToHit/Rchg:50(17), GSFC-ToHit:50(25), GSFC-Build%:50(25), HO:Membr(37)
Level 18:   Bitter Ice Blast      Apoc-Dmg:50(A), Apoc-Dmg/Rchg:50(19), Apoc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(19), Apoc-Acc/Rchg:50(21), Apoc-Dmg/EndRdx:50(21), Dev'n-Hold%:53(23)
Level 20:   Hurdle            Jump-I:50(A)
Level 22:   Health            Numna-Regen/Rcvry+:53(A), Mrcl-Rcvry+:40(23)
Level 24:   Stamina            EndMod-I:50(A)
Level 26:   Hasten            RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(27), RechRdx-I:50(27)
Level 28:   Super Speed         Clrty-Stlth:53(A), HO:Micro(29), HO:Micro(46)
Level 30:   Acrobatics         EndRdx-I:50(A)
Level 32:   Blizzard         Posi-Acc/Dmg:53(A), Posi-Dmg/EndRdx:53(36), Posi-Dmg/Rchg:53(36), Posi-Dmg/Rng:53(37), Posi-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:53(37)
Level 35:   Shiver            P'ngTtl-Acc/Slow:53(A), P'ngTtl-Dmg/Slow:53(39), P'ngTtl-Acc/EndRdx:53(39), P'ngTtl-Rng/Slow:53(39), P'ngTtl-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:53(40), P'ngTtl--Rchg%:53(40)
Level 38:   Chilling Embrace      P'ngTtl-Acc/Slow:53(A), P'ngTtl-Dmg/Slow:53(40), P'ngTtl-Acc/EndRdx:53(42), P'ngTtl-Rng/Slow:53(42), P'ngTtl-EndRdx/Rchg/Slow:53(42), P'ngTtl--Rchg%:53(43)
Level 41:   Snow Storm         Empty(A)
Level 44:   Frozen Armor         LkGmblr-Rchg+:53(A), RedFtn-Def/EndRdx:53(45), RedFtn-Def/Rchg:53(45), RedFtn-Def/EndRdx/Rchg:53(45), RedFtn-Def:53(46), RedFtn-EndRdx:53(46)
Level 47:   Hibernate         RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49:   Stealth            LkGmblr-Rchg+:53(A), LkGmblr-Def/EndRdx:53(50), LkGmblr-EndRdx/Rchg:53(50), LkGmblr-Def:53(50)
------------
Level 1:   Brawl            Empty(A)
Level 1:   Sprint            Empty(A)
Level 2:   Rest            Empty(A)
Level 1:   Defiance   

|   Copy & Paste this data chunk into Mids' Hero Designer to view the build   |
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MHDz;4876;1217;1624;|
>-KE5TMOVS@0O@?(?]"EV,/"&_$A2D)/3;)MLJ@7AMW=.R,SL1!9,O1(UX&@W]XA)9&T+<5VVMO"23P
AOQG.?)KAC.Y$GMWRDO\K\B+.TH_H#WIY<1]MG=G+S/D>EROG/A+.HLSRM</3I7.=Q*^O];0J>0GP^C
KA12ERJ2(<]4\MI2E/XTV5M)C[="5RD9;U5\$W<?I4?X[+5!1%O=@(L:QOLC02/%E+Q$V6+$%9FMQ>7
KAU__'J6_$"R\I@\RF*KF[73PUM$"/PES0>!I`-@>VK/]/E?/F?0M$>A0]0\VC56O*&,=UA!L=Z'!W$
M:<:N#\,OX-(/RA`T`,8Q#!!7<3M=].XS00!P&W:A6X?J=\36$$GL<).8"4XD97@/%:0>XP69,5-("`
,<4_Y<_9;X5S'I;#C=G&O1'8@NW&[AAUZ`.L]=.D(2!ZW%XUK4B<8<NT`K\DB;CW+JG0)5>$LDNKI41
1ELRBK5'+@MV9Q*&&:`D_1X-5?>%44,4_AK,4VC59YEL:O8NE\CG,Q@9HJ\RQIY(DF<N:'RB(-3]7_E
MW%Y=6^E:"W@O"Y9I2^_RY]I<IZ57JBZG45MQG%`J1U_;J9BO5#+A]"&PR2BYIC*5+X_),^Y((_\X=$
.&"P*',>IZ5*4M#R`K>WZ+\%[0/WC`?P0$<49,KL*F&MA-]2TGAR'-_EHXZ#6BJ:A%!5FUM_K:)G)WM
TRI5POO`UF,I57OT.2MC7A1Q:MQ-2>4KK.7]*>9X]-VU]>DS'`A![4WO/C/?$(/9N&X_1,91&>$.(G7
O`8SJ9B-<ZKZY5`G'+B[.9QE&>R>#:JE%;AXO4H@QYH$=_NCC1+ZI.]I/5R=Y=G9B^OSI!=[\ZY2.RN
B.2]<F`YD^;+.+)=E.(/L,\[0*`=K=U;G@FPL#&[&>9.?P0IS'ZH6%W_SPKTUP+=:3=86SE(MQ52FC^
JM:;!JI'&T*A@6&9=#)E_Z[6<<J!<>#WA2>BB`3,5LU</(D47'[)M[)H"=5M$C2G<<ZC!$!ZF[2'D'#
'%TS@$")]@;BFV1*\(;J<,3%/!WNUI]HTG!NM)`,`TV4-N\/K;'3=N."#93F?W0BXA.)R"ZTR*5>288
QT2/Y`D4)?'JA<J^IED]71M3X0XX-UMQ'Y%0`5LZR((8=E?JNYUYY#NE*6#1X=`G>GD:Z)2*PWC.W'A
@`=1:8MT(Q!;-1/VP5BX4VD,O5DE<UX).>3K@5\J_(R:8M@D63?09-B$RX=1LOS>C0Q`0?CMK5WE*!C
>`C;6,?'T-8P9K0,`^&PUD3B/R@LM;"&+1_8(F>RY9_%5G@>6Q2=P]88^FVVQK2&V+(;)6UGK+T7'.J
:@J0$$'+4/W'\`/Q<=I<LA^D9*!2/AA1LO;/1`UA77MAZ4Z,CM@PV',<JO_13@TO&WC<^^<B"&&(8A"
WGKL'+D(Y<DOWLJH@+U(LD.9FX8!"Y2Z!O\B0<A._QX],C^)XG9N$Z$M1UW':]P;??=A^_L2^;#]G?1
SU%K7X'[C0FUL__;5&R`7?+I&ULB'APDP583<+,$ID1D1:]P*RZ9C4TJ]B(/;8_E'9^P+L`(KX\BBB@
'Q@QU&+@&A$9$1N1&-$8"SPC&KL!,R+MQ,N+'_(;D7<`
|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2008, 08:00:36 PM »

Ok, i just had a look at the build and at the WW prices...
25 millions for the ragnaroks, 25, for unbreakable constraint set.... well more or less, purples are 25 millions each.
best to find them, cause i don't have the money ^^

otherwise, the gaussians IOs are only a million each.

but...

only 1 modEnd on stamina ?
pounding slugfeist on ice sword ? (maybe i asked for it, if i recall). maybe best to take this one and give it to stamina ?

otherwise, looks really brilliant !!! i have to find those purple ^^

thanks again Iltat

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2008, 01:37:30 AM »
If you get the other stuff, the single slot in Stamina will be okay. ;)

Also, you're welcome to go for the purples as drops, but current drop rate is around 1 every 500 kills, if I recall correctly. Good luck. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2008, 02:24:19 PM »

Yep...
i got some Inf, and as the prices are not so high, i'll try to go for the gaussian... But it seems Chance of build up is a unique.
so i'll have to go for only 1 on amp or bU

regarding ice sword, i had chance of -recharge. dont know which is best... -rech is 20%, stun is 10%...

have to try... ^^

Icy

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2008, 06:25:38 PM »
For the Chance for BU from Gaussian's, it says it's unique, but it's not.

Stun is a better secondary effect than -Recharge in most cases, so it's up to you. Either's a help.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2008, 01:13:06 PM »

Just thought about the build...

Do you think it might be interesting to drop 1 of the pacing of the turtle to give to Stamina ?
the last bonus given by the set is 3,13 % def range.

so i can drop the one of chilling embrace, and give it to stamina...

i know i look desperate to give some more to stamina, but the purple gives me 8% to recov "only".

should i have 1 slott more on stamina, i could have 40% more rec stamina.

i dont use chilling embrace that often... should i use it, it's on close range combat, and there, i dont need the def ranged.

give me hints, please ?

^^

Icy

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2008, 06:45:53 AM »
You should just run Chilling Embrace all the time. It's a toggle. You'll get the +Def even when it's not turned on at all.

While the purples only give you +8%, you've still got both +Recov uniques in the build, which will give you +25% Recov, along with Stamina increased by 40%.

You'll be okay. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »

ok, i just respec, and as i said, i just removed one pacing on chilling (range/slow) to give 1 modend to stamina.

for now.

as i dont have the 3 purples, i still lack some recov. i played some with this half finished set, but it's quite difficult... i feel like i'm getting ooe faster than before... maybe it's me... well, i'm already going on some stf and lady grey for some fast inf/io... dropped 1 apo chance of neg... i'll sell this one for cash ^^

keep you posted as soon as i have some more tips ^^

Icy