Author Topic: Downtime Tonight  (Read 3965 times)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Downtime Tonight
« on: July 30, 2008, 09:34:50 PM »
Found some issues with the way the legacy data was mapped in the new system, and working through that.

The unfortunate part is that I can't have people editing data while I correct the issue, so the site has to come down for a little while.

I'll keep you posted, it shouldn't take more than a few hours!

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Downtime Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 01:02:50 AM »
Ok, we're back.

There was a data inconsistency issue with some legacy accounts that at first I thought were no big deal... but the more I researched into it, the more I realized this would snowball exponentially as more and more people started using the site.

With the imminent release of a new TNT, I figured it'd be best to deal with this NOW with only a few accounts affected rather than later when it became a majority. 

The good news?  I think it's fixed 100%, and going forward there should be a lot fewer of the strange issues we've been seeing.  I don't think anyone's account was adversely affected, but PLEASE post here and let me know if anything looks off.

The bad news?  I totally munged up all the uploaded custom character images - and the backup I made JUST IN CASE I screwed up this badly.  It was a mistake of epic proportions!  :gonk:  I'm really sorry guys, I know a lot of you had spent a lot of time uploading those pictures... I'd give you a refund, but ... well this is free and I'm broke :)

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »
Doh! Well, good thing I keep all my CIT character profile pics in one folder for ease of... Uh, am I showing my nerdy/geekiness? :p
-T
(aka Ani)

Citizen Razor

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 04:08:26 AM »
Well, that does explain why all of my profile pictures were suddenly gone. 

No biggie, I kept the "master copies" of the screen caps in a folder anyway.  Just gotta upload them again. 

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
LOL!, it's always nics to hear that our Users have back-ups of their stuff just incase ours fail :P.

Should we make a news Post about this?

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »
I would have if TNA was up :P

Sigh... so much to do...

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
I was hoping that wasn't the only way to make a News Post lol.

Or at least not the only easy way if there was another way.