Author Topic: Check my character for this badge button  (Read 12287 times)

Terrahawk

• Underling
  • RAH!
    • Octavian Vanguard
Check my character for this badge button
« on: August 07, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »
Hi,

Would really love to see this feature back in if it's possible, was damn useful when trying to sort TF's/SF's, and with the new(ish) monster warnings I reckon it's gotta be a winner  ;D

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Check my character for this badge button
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 08:05:24 PM »
It's on our List and will get re-implemented in time :P.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »
Refresh my memory how/where this worked?

I have to admit I never was much of a badger, so my familiarity with the old CIT is regretfully not what it should be.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 04:52:44 AM »
Refresh my memory how/where this worked?

I have to admit I never was much of a badger, so my familiarity with the old CIT is regretfully not what it should be.

You looked up a badge, say Portal Jockey, and somewhere on the info popup there would be a button/link that would take you to a list of your characters that have that badge.

Edited to add: It came in handy when you needed to look up a badge you have or not, instead of having to look it up in each badge section i.e. Exploration/ Achievements/ Accolades. :)
-T
(aka Ani)

Terrahawk

• Underling
  • RAH!
    • Octavian Vanguard
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 06:42:11 AM »
You looked up a badge, say Portal Jockey, and somewhere on the info popup there would be a button/link that would take you to a list of your characters that have that badge.
Yup, thats the one, though the link would list all your characters and give a green tick if they had the badge or a red cross if they didn't (I guess it would also have given the unverified state also, but I always tended to keep mine verified).

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 12:15:40 PM »
Great thanks, I'll try to work that feature in soon. It definitely does sound handy!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 01:15:22 PM »
SP, the old CIT had the Link to check your Toons at the top of the Badge Detail Window, then at the bottom we had the Paragon Wiki Links, IIRC.

Can't quite put my fingre on it though, but I believe that was it.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 01:56:37 PM »
ParagonWiki links on file are all horribly incorrect. Mav and I made the call to omit them, at least for now.

Catharctic

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 02:08:18 PM »
Great thanks, I'll try to work that feature in soon. It definitely does sound handy!

It's especially handy when looking for specific badges that earn accolades. It is a cool feature.

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 10:36:04 PM »
ParagonWiki links on file are all horribly incorrect.

ParagonWiki changed their URL formatting a while back due to a security issue. I'm not sure if the URLs were impacted again after the hosting move to Wikia.

-- Lady T

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »
The Links we had listed on the Badge Pop-ups were impacted, luckily though, the Wiki had Redirects but in place that allowed us to keep the "Old Links".  Problem was, they didn't always work.  Sometimes you'd get an Error when you clicked our Links....I cannot explain the why, but it wasn't very often.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2008, 02:06:20 PM »
When I was converting the site, all of the paragonwiki links I hit were incorrect.

I think we need to do a sweep and replace with correct, updated links before we put back in the cross-site links.

Terrahawk

• Underling
  • RAH!
    • Octavian Vanguard
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 11:55:49 AM »
Sorry to pester but really am missing this now (having to open up 20+ pages to do the same thing gets laborious  :'( )

Any further news on the re-addition of this button at all?

Burnin Up

• Underling
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 02:11:27 AM »
I guess this hasn't been implemented yet.  I probably used this feature more than anything else on the old site.  I'm really feeling it now with the halloween event, have to look through each character for all possible event type badges.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
That is correct, the system / programs involved to create this item aren't handling it very well.  All of our testing comes up short of decent results.  We are still working on it, I promise you that.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 12:31:55 PM »
Thanks for the update. Like others here, this was a feature I used quite a bit so I'm looking forward to being able to use it again :)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 03:21:56 AM »
This feature now exists!  If you go to the badge list, and open a badge's detail popup, at the bottom of that popup is a new link "Check my characters for this badge", which gives you a list of your characters and an icon if they have the badge or not.

It may not be glamorous but it should be functional :)   Let me know if it isn't working, or if you hate it, or if you know how to make it better, so I can fix it ASAP!

Sorry it took so long, folks  :-[

Prototype

• Underling
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 03:05:25 PM »
Well it look's great and it's working...erhm but to make the thing really gret would be if: when you open the badge/accolade and  where the badge listing pops up you could see if you got the badges need for the accolade or not.. ;D and then still in the bottom of the page the Check my toon's for this badge.

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2008, 06:46:47 PM »
Cheers SuckerPunch, it seems to work great! If I had one request, it would be that the characters are listed in the same order as the main page if that is possible. Keep up the good work :)

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »
If I had one request, it would be that the characters are listed in the same order as the main page if that is possible.

That's a great idea! I'm ashamed I didn't think of it after the work I put into the sorting  :P