Author Topic: IOs, Money, and Making Both  (Read 58199 times)

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
IOs, Money, and Making Both
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »
I've honestly not found an IO build that has been better than SOs/HOs. But, my OCD doesn't allow me to not slot full lvl 50 IO sets either... :(
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:33:11 AM »
I'm 100% positive you could get better.

Finding them all at 50 would be pretty expensive though.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:13 AM »
I'm 100% positive you could get better.

Finding them all at 50 would be pretty expensive though.

That's why I'm broke...
Sean

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:22:58 AM »

That's why I'm broke...

lol'd, did you get all your badges yet?

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:50 PM »

lol'd, did you get all your badges yet?

:( Not yet... still broke.
Sean

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:16:02 PM »
:( Not yet... still broke.

If I were to buy Level 50 versions of all the IOs I need for my Emp, I'd be looking at approximately a 1.25 billion influence build.

Instead, I've got an unkillable Fire Tank and a Claws/SR monster, and have only spent about 750 mil so far. I'm sitting on about 300 mil already for my Emp's build, which is next.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
I've yet to top 35 mil on any of my characters and now they're ALL broke.
Sean

Catharctic

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
If I were to buy Level 50 versions of all the IOs I need for my Emp, I'd be looking at approximately a 1.25 billion influence build.

Instead, I've got an unkillable Fire Tank and a Claws/SR monster, and have only spent about 750 mil so far. I'm sitting on about 300 mil already for my Emp's build, which is next.

OK, this isn't the right place for this topic. If you could post a new thread in the General Discussion, it would be awesome. I'd like to know how people bank so much inf. I see people buying Set IOs for 25 mill and up, and I get mad at Wentworths and just go run around with a bunch of empty slots. Do people just farm all the time or what? I spent over 5 mill on a Proc recipe and ingredients last night. When I tested it out, I realized I had just spent a lot on something that wasn't gonna do much for the type of missions I'm normally on. I want to know how to bank major inf on both sides and still play the game, not just farm.

P.S. I just now noticed the name of this thread. Skip the whole part about this isn't where it goes. I'll await your response Iltat.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:04:20 PM by Catharctic »

iltat

• Lieutenant
Re: IOs, Money, and Making Both
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
Nice write-up, iltat :)  Thanks.

NyteRayne

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
I definitely have to agree with the portals.  I earn about a million a night just jumping around for a little bit hitting portals.  Unfortunately, I dropped my portal farm mish (outdoor map that is often used with those ugly things (hydras?) in perez park) so that I could get the the longbow farming mish.  Hopefully I'll get another portal farming after I get this idiotic badge.  See what you badgers have done to me??!!???!?!?!one!!eleven!!!?  Hehe, sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I'm at work and hate my job  :P
Nyte Rayne (Formerly Evis):

50s:

Catharctic

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
4) Out of missions? Pleeeeeeease.

That little police scanner looks pretty cool, huh? Looks cooler when it gives you a mission to get some glowie back from the CoT. Go in, clear the mish, skip the glowie, reset. Gives lots of Carnies too. Both drop that beautiful Magic salvage.

For some reason, I forget to do Scanner missions at 50. This was one of the best tips for me since I apparently skipped the Maylor Behemoth mission at some point, and I ran Unai out last night because I thought surely he would give me another cool mission after all the hunts he was giving. Nope.

I see now why people park their 50s in TF or Farming mode. I got nothing else to do with Cath after he finishes the last 2 Dark Watcher missions.

Thanks for taking the time to type all that Iltat. Thanks for making it entertaining also.

NyteRayne

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
One other tip...you can drop a mish once every eight days and have it autocomplete.  This also is true for level 50s.  Set up a scanner mish, talk to the scanner again, drop mish, instant profit.  Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps
Nyte Rayne (Formerly Evis):

50s:

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
One other tip...you can drop a mish once every eight days and have it autocomplete.  This also is true for level 50s.  Set up a scanner mish, talk to the scanner again, drop mish, instant profit.  Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps

I thought it was 7 consecutive days....but I haven't had the need to Drop missions in a long time...

But ya, I've made the RWZ my new best friend.  I been farming the same mission for a while now and I get anywhere from 3-5 Portals per run (On Rugged) with easy Minion defeats.  One run can take less then 20 minutes and I net an easy 300k.  Running the new TF also nets a huge profit.  Since there are several Teams involved, I cannot actually Tank for my Team, we all just split up and help each Team out.  So I run around with my AoE on and throw out my Ranged attacks, all the while swingin my Axe like a mad man.  All in all, getting a few hits off here and there on any random Rikti will get my Team kill credit, and therefore extra inf/prestige/Merits.  Now that's an easy way to net a good few mil in the time it takes to run it.

And just a quick response to the OP, I'm only about 15% into my 1 Billion Inf Badge, but I spent only about 27 Mil all together on the few IO's I have.  Most of which actually went to the Crafting Badges.  I maintain a 5 Mil range right now, I farm for an hour to get up as high as possible, check the AH for what I need and think is reasonably priced, buy or not, then start farming again.

-Taz

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »
What you described is a Ship Raid, not the new Lady Grey TF.

However, the LGTF does seem to be a very good source of generating inf.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »
Dangit, I meant to say Raid....thanks for that SP. :P

To me the Raid is a bit more dangerous (ie time consuming for joint effort reasons) but because of this, the payout is better.

-Taz

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love ship raids :)

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
Both are actually good sources.

For the record, I'm about 20% into my 1 bil inf badge, but I've easily made over 1 bil off the AH so far.

Oh, and there's a much faster way to make inf in the RWZ than farming a mission, running the LGTF, or doing a ship raid. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
Oh, and there's a much faster way to make inf in the RWZ than farming a mission, running the LGTF, or doing a ship raid. ;)

O_O

Thou whilst reveal his secrets!.....please? ;D

-Taz

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 10:22:15 PM »
Ya know those merits that are so pointless?

Well...I found a way for them to be worthwhile... :)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server