Author Topic: IOs, Money, and Making Both  (Read 58011 times)

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
IOs, Money, and Making Both
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:15:44 AM »
I've honestly not found an IO build that has been better than SOs/HOs. But, my OCD doesn't allow me to not slot full lvl 50 IO sets either... :(
Sean
Retired Resident Titan Nerd
---------------------------

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 01:33:11 AM »
I'm 100% positive you could get better.

Finding them all at 50 would be pretty expensive though.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 02:17:13 AM »
I'm 100% positive you could get better.

Finding them all at 50 would be pretty expensive though.

That's why I'm broke...
Sean

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 02:22:58 AM »

That's why I'm broke...

lol'd, did you get all your badges yet?

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 01:10:50 PM »

lol'd, did you get all your badges yet?

:( Not yet... still broke.
Sean

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 03:16:02 PM »
:( Not yet... still broke.

If I were to buy Level 50 versions of all the IOs I need for my Emp, I'd be looking at approximately a 1.25 billion influence build.

Instead, I've got an unkillable Fire Tank and a Claws/SR monster, and have only spent about 750 mil so far. I'm sitting on about 300 mil already for my Emp's build, which is next.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Also 50: Emp/Rad (PvP), PB, Ill/Emp, Sonic/EM (PvP), Kin/Psy (PvP), Fire/Fire Tank, Ice/Dev (PvP), Ice/Thermal (PvP)
Champion Server
The Pingu Coalition (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Silent (Hero PvP) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Peckerhead (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the S.T.F.U. About Our SG Tags (Hero) The Pingu Coalition - Order of the Bloodpack (Hero) The Pingus Who Stole Your Lunch Money (Villains) Pingu City Justice League/PCJL (Test Hero PvP

Maverick X

• Elite Boss
  • Superpowered Awesome
    • SeanMcMahan.info
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
I've yet to top 35 mil on any of my characters and now they're ALL broke.
Sean

Catharctic

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 05:46:43 PM »
If I were to buy Level 50 versions of all the IOs I need for my Emp, I'd be looking at approximately a 1.25 billion influence build.

Instead, I've got an unkillable Fire Tank and a Claws/SR monster, and have only spent about 750 mil so far. I'm sitting on about 300 mil already for my Emp's build, which is next.

OK, this isn't the right place for this topic. If you could post a new thread in the General Discussion, it would be awesome. I'd like to know how people bank so much inf. I see people buying Set IOs for 25 mill and up, and I get mad at Wentworths and just go run around with a bunch of empty slots. Do people just farm all the time or what? I spent over 5 mill on a Proc recipe and ingredients last night. When I tested it out, I realized I had just spent a lot on something that wasn't gonna do much for the type of missions I'm normally on. I want to know how to bank major inf on both sides and still play the game, not just farm.

P.S. I just now noticed the name of this thread. Skip the whole part about this isn't where it goes. I'll await your response Iltat.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 06:04:20 PM by Catharctic »

iltat

• Lieutenant
Re: IOs, Money, and Making Both
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 07:35:39 PM »
Nice write-up, iltat :)  Thanks.

NyteRayne

• Underling
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 07:49:52 PM »
I definitely have to agree with the portals.  I earn about a million a night just jumping around for a little bit hitting portals.  Unfortunately, I dropped my portal farm mish (outdoor map that is often used with those ugly things (hydras?) in perez park) so that I could get the the longbow farming mish.  Hopefully I'll get another portal farming after I get this idiotic badge.  See what you badgers have done to me??!!???!?!?!one!!eleven!!!?  Hehe, sorry.  Couldn't resist.  I'm at work and hate my job  :P
Nyte Rayne (Formerly Evis):

50s:

Catharctic

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2007, 08:59:37 PM »
4) Out of missions? Pleeeeeeease.

That little police scanner looks pretty cool, huh? Looks cooler when it gives you a mission to get some glowie back from the CoT. Go in, clear the mish, skip the glowie, reset. Gives lots of Carnies too. Both drop that beautiful Magic salvage.

For some reason, I forget to do Scanner missions at 50. This was one of the best tips for me since I apparently skipped the Maylor Behemoth mission at some point, and I ran Unai out last night because I thought surely he would give me another cool mission after all the hunts he was giving. Nope.

I see now why people park their 50s in TF or Farming mode. I got nothing else to do with Cath after he finishes the last 2 Dark Watcher missions.

Thanks for taking the time to type all that Iltat. Thanks for making it entertaining also.

NyteRayne

• Underling
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:07 PM »
One other tip...you can drop a mish once every eight days and have it autocomplete.  This also is true for level 50s.  Set up a scanner mish, talk to the scanner again, drop mish, instant profit.  Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps
Nyte Rayne (Formerly Evis):

50s:

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 01:41:09 PM »
One other tip...you can drop a mish once every eight days and have it autocomplete.  This also is true for level 50s.  Set up a scanner mish, talk to the scanner again, drop mish, instant profit.  Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps

I thought it was 7 consecutive days....but I haven't had the need to Drop missions in a long time...

But ya, I've made the RWZ my new best friend.  I been farming the same mission for a while now and I get anywhere from 3-5 Portals per run (On Rugged) with easy Minion defeats.  One run can take less then 20 minutes and I net an easy 300k.  Running the new TF also nets a huge profit.  Since there are several Teams involved, I cannot actually Tank for my Team, we all just split up and help each Team out.  So I run around with my AoE on and throw out my Ranged attacks, all the while swingin my Axe like a mad man.  All in all, getting a few hits off here and there on any random Rikti will get my Team kill credit, and therefore extra inf/prestige/Merits.  Now that's an easy way to net a good few mil in the time it takes to run it.

And just a quick response to the OP, I'm only about 15% into my 1 Billion Inf Badge, but I spent only about 27 Mil all together on the few IO's I have.  Most of which actually went to the Crafting Badges.  I maintain a 5 Mil range right now, I farm for an hour to get up as high as possible, check the AH for what I need and think is reasonably priced, buy or not, then start farming again.

-Taz

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 02:38:07 PM »
What you described is a Ship Raid, not the new Lady Grey TF.

However, the LGTF does seem to be a very good source of generating inf.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 02:43:08 PM »
Dangit, I meant to say Raid....thanks for that SP. :P

To me the Raid is a bit more dangerous (ie time consuming for joint effort reasons) but because of this, the payout is better.

-Taz

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 02:45:07 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I love ship raids :)

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 06:00:42 PM »
Both are actually good sources.

For the record, I'm about 20% into my 1 bil inf badge, but I've easily made over 1 bil off the AH so far.

Oh, and there's a much faster way to make inf in the RWZ than farming a mission, running the LGTF, or doing a ship raid. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:06 PM »
Oh, and there's a much faster way to make inf in the RWZ than farming a mission, running the LGTF, or doing a ship raid. ;)

O_O

Thou whilst reveal his secrets!.....please? ;D

-Taz

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 10:22:15 PM »
Ya know those merits that are so pointless?

Well...I found a way for them to be worthwhile... :)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2007, 12:22:35 AM »
Both are actually good sources.

For the record, I'm about 20% into my 1 bil inf badge, but I've easily made over 1 bil off the AH so far.

Portals. Farm portals. That's my guess.

Not sure how merits can be any more useful than they already are. They are on a per character basis, so there's nothing else that I know that can be done with them besides buy your Vanguard gear/powers. That's not "pointless" to me anyway, though.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
Portals are nice, but not the key. The key is a pet. A pet that you can buff. And that has no timer to despawn. And that happens to totally destroy Level 50-52 Rikti. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2007, 12:56:03 AM »
The HVAS? or the Mech? I don't know which of those fit the criteria -- or if either do for that matter. Pets are my "I need more damage for this joker" button mostly, but I understand how they could be useful for hanging around in the Zone.

The HVAS would obviously tie the two things you said together. So Riddler, am I right?

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2007, 02:04:22 AM »
Is HVA the name of the Vanguard Mechs?

Cuz those are what I mean... :P
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2007, 01:12:21 PM »
LOL!

Ya I've got 119 Merits saved, after purchasing 2 Head Costume pieces.  Maybe I shall save up for this...

-Taz

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 02:29:09 PM »

well well. got a lot of intersting hints there so i feel free to give my 2 influs..

make a lot of arachnos scanner missions... alone, invincible.
end mission bonus 50 on 53 mission si about 50K.
and arachnos drops all kind of interesting schems...

this is for Blast part.
regarding Ice Tank part, CoT is far more interesting, as there's a lot of ice thorn and/or demons.
works great.

missions freeing someone or getting an object are done faster than the others... to my PoV.

works better than being RSK on low level missions...
tried on lvl 14... boring, not fast, death at the corner...

works faster on invincible scanner mission.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 04:01:43 PM »
I did run Invincible Scanner Missions for a while, then the RWZ came about and they just worked better for me.  I am now working one Mission which generates at least 400K Inf in about 20 minutes or so, pending on how fast I defeat everything.

Doing some Damage to everything, then lure them close to the NPCs and let them finish them off, it still yields the same payout with less work to do.

-Taz

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 04:43:45 PM »
I had 70+ mil inf and now I am down to 2 mil.

I am just going to take some inf from my other characters since Voltaic Shock is my main.

Voltaic Shock
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 06:43:19 PM »
I had 70+ mil inf and now I am down to 2 mil.

I am just going to take some inf from my other characters since Voltaic Shock is my main.

Voltaic Shock

As of late, I've yet to do this, because if I did, then I'd lose Inf to fund for my Alts lol.  But ya I started with about 26 Mil, then went up and down till I went down to 3 Mil, I was only about 40% complete in my IO Sets and such for my entire Build.  Now I'm trying to get back up to afford my new Build desire (from Iltat).  Luckily I'll get something back from my /Respec for what I currently have.

-Taz

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 06:58:23 PM »

dont remember how much i started with...

so far i managed to create the build i posted in the blaster part. i aslo managed to achieve half the invention badges.

now, i have 6 millions left... i need to gain more so i can finish some unique Numina, kismet, HO...

i ll go to WZ to check missions...

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2007, 07:40:37 PM »
I could just sell everything from my respec - lol

Voltaic Shock
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2007, 11:09:49 PM »
Last week, I paid out just over 300 million for my Emp's full build.

Dropped about 20 mil the other night for some stuff for my PB Damagetank. My Ice/Dev's still sitting on 80 mil or so, so I figure I'll use that for my PB in the next week or two. Should garner quite a bit of inf next week, but this week, almost no playtime due to having a certification test Friday morning.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:57 AM »

ok. now i definitely need influ !!!
After seeing the builds from Iltat (thanks a lot), i really really really need influ !!!

too bad for me, i just finished the rikti wz story arc.. so no missions there left...

back on the scanner missions...
or there is another way ???

please tell me there's another way than 50K/10 min

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 08:40:42 AM »
I laid out a bunch of tips earlier in this thread. Read over them and see which seem like something you can do.

I'm affording my builds by using those tips. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 11:52:33 AM »

ooook

well, i've seen riktis 54 in the RWZ...

i'll see if i can make some easy...
otherwise, i dont play enough time straight with 1 toon to pop a mech... rerolling sickness...

well.. i'll try the 54 riktis, and keep u posted...

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 09:54:18 PM »

ok... came and gone

was hit twice by communication off... they're not tough... but mesmerians worked out... harder... 2 hit, and Icy was in hospital ^^

so for now, i think i'll stik to the parking and scanner missions.

ZARKO THE HELLBOUND

• Underling
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2007, 10:46:06 PM »
I have made quite a few million inf off selling IOs from sets that I won't be using.
You really miss out if you are not checking prices of set IOs and salvage if you
sell them to your regular vendors and are not checking prices at wentworths.
I seem to find that acc and damage IOs from the sets get the most inf.

Zarko

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2007, 03:11:55 AM »
Oh ya, I'm always checking the price at the AH before opting (if at all) to sell to a Vendor.  Some Enhancement Recipes sell for a decent amount to the Auto-Doc in my Base, whereas the AH has them at a lower value.  Playing the market can dish some great Inf from time to time.

-Taz

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 12:06:31 AM »

a few things i have done lately (i have a lot of free time, now that i lost my job XD)

runed a fex respec 3 fast, rikti tf too.. and some other missions.

you're in a hurry, you want lvl 40 io plans : Warburg.
mobs 40, drops fast. you can also do bomb mission, get 60K final influ
have 2 hours free and a good team ? ride the rikti TF. more or less 4 or 5 millions
have more or less 2h or a little more : respec 3 is for you. 3 to 4 millions

these are the last things i tried lately. i'll get news from a friend who tried Quarterfield invincible... need to see the time spent and influ made.

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 12:21:03 AM »
Portals in the RWZ. You need not go above a lvl 52 portal. 52, 53 and 54s all give same xp/inf. Hop around till u find some rikti in the zone from lvl 50-52 and bug the com officer. Hope around while waiten for him to spawn the portal. Hop down one shot the portal (might need two, dependen on AT) and hop away. You just made 52,000 inf in 3 seconds. Rinse and repeat.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:45 AM »
That's exactly what I have been doing.  I have a Rikti mish that spawns at least 4 Portals of 44k - 52k each.  Plus I defeat almost all the mobs there just for the extra cash.  One run in about 20 minutes will run me about 600k.

And yes, the Raid gives 2 - 3 mil easy, love it.

-Taz

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 03:20:05 AM »
See I can gross that in about 10 minutes, but I use my NRG/NRG brute. I 1 shot kill the portals.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 03:25:49 AM »
I 1 shot kill the portals.

I like to defeat them fully....to make sure I get the credit.

-Taz

Pyro Warrior

• Boss
    • The Titan Corporation
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2007, 03:32:03 AM »
Oh so do I, hop in. Aggro the com off. Hop out wait for portal to spawn, hop back in BU+ET =s one portal down while the com officer and his minions look at me like wtf just happened.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2007, 02:10:47 PM »
Oh that's right, you can defeat them faster then I.  Time to slot my Tank for more Damage >_<.  Normalli I jump in near the Com Off and kill one of his buddies, then unload on the Portal, and AoE/Cone/PBAoE whatever on the group that now surrounds me.  But ya, it's slower then you for Damage output lol.

-Taz

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2007, 08:21:50 AM »

well i tried that with my Ice/Ice blaster, and even the revisited version of my buld doesnt give me enough survivability to wait for the portal.... there, it's me that's one shot. ^^

ImOkRuOk

• Underling
  • Veridicule
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2007, 06:04:03 AM »
ya ... that's great n all... but how about not being so one sided ... like the rest of this game seems.
   in other words... where's the villain love?

Experimental Hazards BABY!

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2007, 07:14:51 AM »
Unfortunately, I'm not much of a villains player. The way to make money villainside on my server is send a tell to @Bronx (for the record, he's in the top ten of inf makers [both sides] ever in the game).

For the most part, the TV farm seems to be the way to go outside of MM farming in the Fab and RWZ stuff. You can use the RWZ tricks that I posted and basically ignore the Arcane salvage tricks due to the low price of most salvage villainside. Also, try Cap au Diable SF farms (the SF can be done in under an hour with the right team and has a chance of a 30-40 million inf reward).
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 09:51:43 PM »
Here's something I just realized yesterday. Getting the lvl 45/50 memorization badges can give your heroes and villains a "side income". It takes a good bit of inf to achieve them, but once you do, it's time to start trading!

Example: Level 50 Damage IO

#1:
   464,400 - Price to buy the recipe outright from an invention table.
+ 464,400 - Price to invent the enhancement, plus salvage (but it's very common)
   928,800 - Total if you had to buy the recipe for it's full price. Ouch!

#2:
232,200 - Total price to invent the memorized enhancement, plus salvage.

If you post the enhancement on the market for 350,000 - 400,000 someone will definitely buy it to save all the inf that can be involved with the first example. I've been making a net profit of 100K-200K per enhancement. It's a bit of a process, but well worth it if you want to bank some inf.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2008, 02:15:33 AM »
If you learn how to play the market, profits can get you into the billions range. I won't post all the tricks to the market because not even I know all of them.

Remember, though, to make great amounts of inf, you will take great amounts of risk. Don't play the market unless you're prepared to live with losing alot too.
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
If you would give me a tip (PM) to make just 1 billion for my main, I would be able to make his dream build and make him Paragon's greatest philanthropist for the rest of his in-game career.

iltat

• Lieutenant
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2008, 07:14:15 AM »
My tip for making 1 billion?

Play alot. Don't buy much stuff. ;)
@iltat, @Pinghole

Champion Server

Catharctic

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2008, 05:17:28 PM »
 >:(

Icy

• Minion
  • Icy ^^
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:28 PM »

ok, here's a not so good tip, but it's worth the try.
Cimerora TF.

a friend of mine saw his team leaving at the last mission.
he stayed.
he plays from time to time, wiping the entire map, then reseting.
lots of materials, IO schems, inf.

i think i'll get also one of my toons stuck there, and i'll get numbers so you can see by yourselves.

Icy ^^

faero malikite

• Lieutenant
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2008, 03:56:10 AM »
OK, this isn't the right place for this topic. If you could post a new thread in the General Discussion, it would be awesome. I'd like to know how people bank so much inf. I see people buying Set IOs for 25 mill and up, and I get mad at Wentworths and just go run around with a bunch of empty slots. Do people just farm all the time or what? I spent over 5 mill on a Proc recipe and ingredients last night. When I tested it out, I realized I had just spent a lot on something that wasn't gonna do much for the type of missions I'm normally on. I want to know how to bank major inf on both sides and still play the game, not just farm.

P.S. I just now noticed the name of this thread. Skip the whole part about this isn't where it goes. I'll await your response Iltat.

There are certain salvage pieces and recipes you can buy from WW or the BM and resale to a quartermaster (the appropriate one for enhancements) for a profit..time consuming yes, but profitable..also creating recipes and selling the enhancement (depending on the salvage needed) ...street sweeping certain zones is great for rare drops, cimerora is a great place for drops as well as fire zone zulu....and some will count towards badges as well...i have gotten numerous purple drops from the wall on the northern most part of map of cimerora..but it can get crowded and it has lots of Lt.'s and bosses so squishies beware..I also have several farmers..(dual accounts) and my sg has numerous dual account holders so ill spend a few hours a week with fillers farming certain maps ..but i enjoy farming...hope that helps a lil bit..

@faero malikite
Freedom Server
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 12:37:18 AM by faero malikite »
@faero malikite
@reverrend irreverent
I likey da firey!