Author Topic: Rad/Rad Suggestions?  (Read 6123 times)

bucho

• Underling
Rad/Rad Suggestions?
« on: August 07, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »
Hello! I'm thinking of this as a new build:

+---------------------------------------------
Name: N/A
Level: 44
Archetype: Corruptor
Primary: Radiation Blast
Secondary: Radiation Emission
01 => Radiant Aura ==> Rech(1),Rech(3),Heal(3),Heal(5),Heal(5),Heal(7)
01 => Neutrino Bolt ==> Rech(1),DefDeBuff(7),Dam(9),Dam(9),Dam(11),Dam(11)
02 => X-Ray Beam ==> Rech(2),DefDeBuff(13),Dam(13),Dam(15),Dam(15),Dam(17)
04 => Irradiate ==> Rech(4),Rech(31),Dam(31),Dam(31),Dam(33),Dam(33)
06 => Electron Haze ==> Rech(6),Range(33),KBDist(34),Dam(37),Dam(37),Dam(37)
08 => Proton Volley ==> Rech(8),Interrupt(34),Dam(34),Dam(36),Dam(36),Dam(36)
10 => Swift ==> RunSpd(10),Flight(17)
12 => Hover ==> Flight(12)
14 => Hurdle ==> Jump(14)
16 => Fly ==> Flight(16),Flight(19),Flight(19),Flight(21)
18 => Health ==> Heal(18),Heal(21),Heal(23),Heal(23)
20 => Stamina ==> EndMod(20),EndMod(25),EndMod(25),EndMod(27),EndMod(42),EndMod(43)
22 => Mutation ==> Rech(22),Rech(27),Rech(43),Rech(43)
24 => Cosmic Burst ==> Rech(24),Range(29),DisDur(31),Dam(39),Dam(40),Dam(40)
26 => Neutron Bomb ==> Rech(26),Range(29),Dam(31),Dam(39),Dam(39),Dam(40)
28 => Recall Friend ==> Rech(28)
30 => Teleport Foe ==> Rech(30)
32 => Lingering Radiation ==> Rech(32),Slow(42),Slow(42)
35 => Fallout ==> Rech(35)
38 => Aim ==> Rech(38)
41 => Power Sink ==> Rech(41)
01 => Sprint ==> RunSpd(1)
01 => Brawl ==> Dam(1)
02 => Rest ==> Rech(1)

My goal is to do as much damage as possible without running out of endurance. I know that's pretty improbable especially if you're healing at the same time O.o but I thought by cranking stamina all the way I could mitigate using Endurance reduction enhancements thus leaving slots for damage. I have not spent a lot of time researching builds so this is really a best guesstimate.

Mids

• Elite Boss
Re: Rad/Rad Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 07:25:40 PM »
I would strongly advise you to slot no more than 3 enhancements into stamina. The law of diminishing returns introduced with Enhancement Diversification means those last three are having a negligable effect.

However, You could improve your end recovery considerably by adding Accelerate Metabolism into your build (3x recharge, 3x end-mod). Not only is it a great team buff, it's very handy for soloers.

In fact, I'd advise you to take a good long look at your secondary powerset, because it's very, very awesome.

Radiation Infection, Enervating Field and Accelerate Metabolism will all increase the amount of damage you can inflict on the enemy, and keep you MUCH safer as they flail about unable to hit you.
Lingering radiation is a great debuff too. I'd say that it's a good idea to get these all as early as you can.
My opening power on mine is always Radiation Infection, followed by Enervating Field. /Rad leaves no surviviors.

A rad corruptor, whilst capable of healing, isn't really a primary healer, but a debuffer without equal.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

bucho

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 07:40:41 PM »
Hmm, you have given me MUCH to think upon! I guess I had my toon specced according to my play style. Though, looking at it now I find it hard to establish whether I'm looking at AOE or sniping damage :\

I suppose the reason I set him up to heal is because I often get saddled with the task and it's easy to "set it and forget it." I hadn't really thought of being a debuffer due to recharge times and invariable my toggled target gets whacked first which leads to wait for recharge to pick another target and by that time they're almost always down.

Thanks Mids! I will think upon this!

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 08:24:55 PM »
I hadn't really thought of being a debuffer due to recharge times and invariable my toggled target gets whacked first which leads to wait for recharge to pick another target and by that time they're almost always down.
I swear when i'm playing debuffer, my teammates have their tab key set to "Target_Custom_Next_Mids'_Anchor". :P
Acc Met + Hasten has those toggle debuffs back up in very short order though, I gave up worrying about that ages ago. If they die, next victim is selected!

Happy thinking! (And playing!)
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

bucho

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 08:28:19 PM »
LOL. Thanks again Mids!