Author Topic: Extra badges?  (Read 3270 times)

Aoide

• Minion
Extra badges?
« on: August 09, 2008, 11:52:52 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a thing with you guys (since you are running with new code changes) or with herostats (since I was using the new Unstable release to update badges), but I'm posting it here in case it is something with your site.

When I update using herostats and the Bind File method, I keep ending up with badges being listed on CIT that my toons don't have (and in some cases should not be possible to get).  One example was that my Necro/Dark MM somehow had 'Fire Chief' and 'Hero Corps Insider' both of which are hero only badges.  I could list others (my WS had Freedom Phalanx Reserve added when it didn't have all the badges needed for this, and my Blaster had Fire Chief added that I remember off the top of my head), but usually it's one or more badges.  I tried this with four different toons, both heroes and villains, and they all ended up with two to four different badges they didn't really have added.

As is I've already removed these 'extra' badges from the toons that got them, but I though I'd give you guys a heads up in acse it's a problem on your end.

Thanks.

Aoide

• Minion
Re: Extra badges?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 12:19:51 AM »
Small addition:

I just tried to add badges with a different toon (a lvl 6 tanker that only has 16 badges) by manually selecting each badge.  After I finished, I double checked hero stats to make sure that all the badges I selected were listed in Herostats (they were).  When I checked CIT though I found I had an extra badge added (Freedom Phalanx Reserve).

I'm not sure if it's any help, but if the bug is on your site, it might be somehow related to badge names, if only because the closest thing in name to said extra badge that I did try to add via Herostats was Freedom (not Freedom Phalanx Reserve), which was added.

If I notice anything else I'll try to add it here, since right now I'm trying to update around 12 separate toons total via Herostats.

Who knows, maybe something I notice might explain this problem.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 01:05:43 AM »
I'm not sure if it's any help, but if the bug is on your site, it might be somehow related to badge names, if only because the closest thing in name to said extra badge that I did try to add via Herostats was Freedom (not Freedom Phalanx Reserve), which was added.

This is the issue.  I'll check into the code running it shortly.  Thanks for the head's up!

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 01:20:09 AM »
It might not be actually, I'm just finished another bunch of toons and both Fire Chief and Numina's Compatriot both kept coming up on your site as badges my toons had (they weren't listed in HeroStats), and name wise they weren't close to any of the other badges they had unless they were just going by the very first letter alone.

Sorry, didn't mean to contradict you since you do know this site better than me.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 01:26:23 AM »
Well, that's definitely an issue, even if it's not the only one.

I'll check to see why there's other ghost badges though

Aoide

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 01:39:12 AM »
Thanks, sorry to be a pain about this.