Author Topic: Character Bios Only Partially Imported  (Read 3095 times)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Character Bios Only Partially Imported
« on: August 22, 2008, 09:32:05 PM »
I'm noticing that character bio imports stop when they encounter an ampersand in the text.

For example:

The tracker is showing this for a character bio:

French Canadian born, Sagittaire works in the OSI R&D Advanced Weaponry Labs.  OSI R&D AWL design philosophy holds that the best insight into weapon development comes from those who are most effectively able to use the equipment.  Sagittaire's research is in munitions design, and her research is funded in no small part by Wyvern.  When she's not in the lab or field testing her new equipment, she trains with some of Wyvern's best archers so that she can better understand the mind of the archer.

When it's imported to the character's CIT profile, this is all that gets imported:

French Canadian born, Sagittaire works in the OSI R

Didn't see that anyone else had mentioned this, so my apologies if it's a known issue and I just didn't find it.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Jayyde

• Minion
Re: Character Bios Only Partially Imported
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 12:57:48 PM »
I'm pretty sure I've seen another topic similar to this and it's a known issue with the '&' character.  Or I'm imagining things -- both are equally possible.

\m/  (^.^)  \m/

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »
There is indeed another topic but when I went to find it, i couldn't either... But it's been a rough few days so I very well could have easily missed it.

It is a known issue, I'm pretty sure I know what needs to be fixed - but the guy that needs to fix it is currently unavailable. When he gets back, we'll definitely get it going.

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:09:35 PM »
The last bio-cut-short thread was due to the pound sign # . This one is due to the ampersand  & .

Maybe create a list of characters that should be avoided in biographies due to code restrictions/limitations?

-- Lady T

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 05:43:05 PM »
The last bio-cut-short thread was due to the pound sign # . This one is due to the ampersand  & .

Maybe create a list of characters that should be avoided in biographies due to code restrictions/limitations?

-- Lady T

Those are special characters on the internet, which just need to be escaped between the webservice and the server.  It's pretty trivial to do, just need Volt to get back to fix it :)

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 07:31:03 PM »
Sounds good.  Thanks.
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 09:26:46 PM »
D'oh, here's the other thread:

http://www.cohtitan.com/forum/index.php/topic,1515.0.html

Locking this one.