Author Topic: Badges not uploading to CIT  (Read 3324 times)

Tellis

• Underling
Badges not uploading to CIT
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:15:02 PM »
Hi, I've had a look but can't see if this has been posted before but I'm having a problem with TNT not uploading badges to CIT.

I'm currently using version 1.0.4.2 of TNT and using the settitle mode to try and update my page with my badges. While my badges are showing in the 'Collected Badges' side of the tracker they're not showing on the 'Sent Badges' side (I do have the Set Title Bind Mode tab checked) and the tracker does not show any updates to CIT, even after leaving it running for up to an hour.

My Bio and persets are being updated but not the badges. I've checked my firewall which is allowing the program and am stuck now. Could you point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
Re: Badges not uploading to CIT
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:27:27 AM »
I am working to get TNT to update badges for characters.

I ran into an issue though where it's now not recognizing if you are online - :\
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 11:17:16 PM »
Any update on this?  This situation is still occuring.

It shows ONLINE on the City Info Tracker website.  All conditions match as reported above.  Still not sending badge info gathered via the settitle.txt bind.

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »
Any update on this?  This situation is still occuring.

It shows ONLINE on the City Info Tracker website.  All conditions match as reported above.  Still not sending badge info gathered via the settitle.txt bind.
As mentioned over all around the forums, this won't be working until they patch TNT.

Currently, downloading HeroStats and running it is the only way to get badges updated.  It was fixed with the most recent version.

Instructions to get HeroStats running are in this thread

Bloodletter

• Minion
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 12:16:27 AM »
"As mentioned. . "

You know. . .totally uncalled for.  I came to the forums to ask a question and/or find an answer.  I specifically went to the forum thread topic that EXACTLY matched the issue I was having and made a post.

[Edited for Content]

I appreciate the answer and the update, but I did not appreciate the attitude you took.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 02:14:23 AM by Tazhyngarth »

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 02:38:15 AM »
Ok, justification time it seems.  I've edited your Post Bloodletter because I would rather not like to see language of that sort around here.  I apologise that you felt as if Nicster was inappropriate in the attitude that you perceived from the Response, and now I'll go a little in-depth on that.

We make News Posts that are displayed on any one or all of our Network Sites, those Posts stay visible until they are pushed off the Site by other News Items taking their place.  Ones such as yourself who doesn't read every single one for whatever reason, would've missed the specific Post pertaining to the TNT not working with Badges.

Also, in no specific place or wording (in which SC is refering to), on these Forums lie similar Posts to that News Item, stating that TNT didn't work properly yet.  If you didn't know where to look, I can see how those Posts would be missed.  I thought we covered all the Main Topics, but then coming down to every single Thread and seeking it's relevance to the same Topic, we didn't do that.  You got lucky and found a specific Thread that pertained to your problem, however, at the same time, this isn't one of those Threads where that item was mentioned, sadly.

I personally don't see the uncalled for attitude in SC's Post that you have, but that doesn't mean you perceived it incorrectly.  I'm not saying SC intended for it to come off in that way but from my own perspective, he's merely stating that it's posted on the Forums.  Again, though, this points to the fact that you did a specific search that bypassed all those Threads wherein you would've seen the mention of TNT and Badges.

Without making this any more drawn out as I see I've typed a lot, I'll sum it up right here.  When you run the TNT App on your computer, it automatically searches for the Latest Version and gives you a pop-up if there is one.  Right now you are using Version 1.0.4.2, IF you do see a Pop-up at any time, that means we've either got Badge Tracking working again or fixed something else.  Either way, upon seeing that Pop-up and hopefully Updating your TNT, head over to the CIT Site and check out the News Articles.  Such an event of TNT working with Badges once again will surely be made into a New Post across at least the CIT Site as well as the Titan Home Page.  Otherwise, you can come here and click the "Show new Posts since last Visit" Link, then look for any Topic specific to TNT.  Chances are we'll also make a New Thread for this in our Titan Network - Announcements Section.

I cannot recall if you are given any sort of Update List after Installing the newest TNT App, but if we do not have this feature, I can work with Volt and make that happen.  This way there will be no question as to what the TNT is lacking, because each Update List will detail out what was Updated.  To close this, if there ever is a time where anyone feels that a Poster responded in any negative or agressive manner, please do not respond with the same attitude, as that does not help the situation any.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »
I am working to get TNT fixed.  Life has taken over and it's taking me longer then usual to fix TNT.  I am going to make time this week to get it fixed, but no promises.

In light of everything in this thread, I am going to add a news/updates section to TNT that will explain any issues with TNT.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707