Author Topic: Respec Trial Badge(s)  (Read 12513 times)

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
Respec Trial Badge(s)
« on: September 13, 2008, 01:16:33 AM »
I might be crazy and just seeing things but I could have sworn I saw/read the description for a badge or badges that required you to complete one of the respec trials twice and to choose the Free Respec option both times, and the third respec 3 times and do the same, choose the respec option all 3 times.

Now, for the life of me, I cannot find this badge. I looked on all tabs and looked through the lists... Does anyone know what I'm talking about?  ???
-T
(aka Ani)

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
Re: Respec Trial Badge(s)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 11:40:58 AM »
there's no "extra" badge for doing a respec more than once
the cake is a lie!

i believe, what ppl have been writing about is this:
when you're 44+, and you haven't done any of the respec trials you can get the 3 different badges from 1 of the trials ... just repeat it X times

if u do respec trial #2 twice, you get the first two respec badges (but u can't get the 3rd badge)
if u do respec trial #3 thrice, you can get all three respec badges

i think
or something like that
ish
;)
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »
there's no "extra" badge for doing a respec more than once
the cake is a lie!

i believe, what ppl have been writing about is this:
when you're 44+, and you haven't done any of the respec trials you can get the 3 different badges from 1 of the trials ... just repeat it X times

if u do respec trial #2 twice, you get the first two respec badges (but u can't get the 3rd badge)
if u do respec trial #3 thrice, you can get all three respec badges

i think
or something like that
ish
;)

Can you point me to where you read that? :P

Maybe I was just too sleepy, as I am now, and misread...   :-[

Anywho, nite nite, I'll be back up in 4 hours to do a TF.   :D
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
I agree with Shades, what you are asking about seems to point to exactly that.  I know on our old Forums we had a Post stating such, but with these new Forums, that Post no longer exists.

I'm trying to see if I can't find it online still.....

Well this really doesn't explain it to the extent Shades mentioned, but it's close - Re: Badge Questions - Respec badges CoH.

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06:40 AM »
well, cuz i'm on the EU boards, i don't think i can show you what i meant
but Taz's link comes close indeed ...

if u want me to explain it more thoroughly, ask away :)
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 05:02:13 AM »
That helps. So, there are three other badges that you earn by doing each of the respecs besides Transmogrified? Stalwart, Statesman Star, and Freedom Cross?
-T
(aka Ani)

Axisotw

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 06:12:49 AM »
Since you can only select the respec option 3 times total, I highly doubt it.

You can however earn all 3 badges running the same Respec TF repeatedly.  The first time you take the respec option, you get the first badge, 2nd gets the second badge, 3rd gets the third, regardless of which level TF you ran.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 07:42:48 AM »
Since you can only select the respec option 3 times total, I highly doubt it.

You can however earn all 3 badges running the same Respec TF repeatedly.  The first time you take the respec option, you get the first badge, 2nd gets the second badge, 3rd gets the third, regardless of which level TF you ran.

Ohhhhhhh! Ok, now I get it. I'm a little slow sometimes... most times...  :-[

I did the first respec trial today... I mean yesterday, Saturday, and received the Statesman Star. I so misunderstood the badge description.

This: Complete the respec trial 2 times AND select the Respec as a Reward.

AND this together: Tip: Do the level 34 respec with Captain James Harlan in Founders' Falls.

confused the heck out of me, I think because for each of the three badge descriptions there is a different respec trial. So I took that to mean "do Respec 1 once + choose respec, do Respec 2 twice + choose respec both times, etc."

What confused me also is that there's no correlation between Transmogrified and the other three badges.

But now I know, just need to do it once more to get the last respec badge.

Thanks a lot guys! :D
-T
(aka Ani)

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 02:39:09 PM »
(Apologies if I'm restating what's already been said.)

The blueside respec badges can be earned on any of the respec trials:

24 - 33 Independence Port (Sky Raiders)
34 - 43 Founders' Falls (Freakshow (or should that be Freexpshow?))
44 - 50 Peregrine Island, Portal Corp [formerly Rikti Crash Site before the RWZ revamp] (Rikti)

If you are on a level 50 hero and have never done a trial respec, you can run any of the above -- but you'll get autonerfed to whatever the maximum level is for that trial. So if you prefer fighting Freakshow, you'll be capped at 43. If you prefer Sky Raiders, you'll be capped at 33.

Regardless of which version you run, the first respec accolade you'll earn (when taking the respec reward) is "Received the Stalwart Medallion".

Working with the same level 50 hero, who now has one respec trial under their belt, the player decides to try the third respec trial (44-50) in Peregrine. However, this is the character's SECOND respec trial -- by taking the respec reward option again, they would receive the "Earned the Statesman Star" badge.

Basically the respec badges have prerequisites -- namely the previous respec badge. To get all three badges, you'll need to run a respec trial three times. If you love fighting Sky Raiders, there's nothing stopping you from running that specific version three times to get all the respec badges. (Axisotw mentions this previously.)

Technically you can nerf yourself lower than the trial cap if the rest of your team is at the lower end of the range. I've had this both work successfully and fail miserably, so I simply pretend the nerf feature is a tad broken when it comes to the respec trials and pick a more level-appropriate character from my roster.

...I hope that made sense. I need more coffee.   :roll:

-- Lady T

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 09:08:39 PM »
The more info the better. :)
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 01:39:36 PM »
Looks like we should fix the Badge Descriptions and Tips for those Badges...I see how you got confused.  I believe we should switch the Tip and Description as they don't appear to be helping in their current location.