Author Topic: TOMAX, I NEED FIYAH...err... NUMBAHS, lol  (Read 9413 times)

Sharyd

TOMAX, I NEED FIYAH...err... NUMBAHS, lol
« on: September 22, 2008, 04:31:35 PM »
Hey Tomax,
You've probably been asked this before, any chance you can give me some insight behind the numbers that give us your beautiful "City of Data: Power Quantification".

I know the info I need is on a database somewhere (other than your resources), and for well-known, public information... it's quite hard to get my hands on in a manageable format.

I'm in the process of building a multi-purpose hero site, cotactics.com (stands for: city of tactics). I'm hoping to develop it and get it running to a point where I can give it to suckerpunch and have him do his magic to it.

I'm trying to bring in a lot of the features that MIDS' has to a web-site driven format. It's on a small host, so I'm not planning on using it to my own ends. It's more or less one of those "Can I do it" mind-sets.

I'm damn sure I can, just need your assistance in setting me up with said power info.

I've tried to figure it out, how the damage/endcost changes per level from the base, via a decimal modifier, but I'm thinking there's a whole algorithm to it... and as good as I am with numbers... this one is lost on me.

Thanks in advance for taking your time out to help me, or at least read this. :D I'll owe ya!

Sharyd

Re: TOMAX, I NEED FIYAH...err... NUMBAHS, lol
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:33:12 PM »
Does Tomax even come on to these forums?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 07:42:11 PM »
Yes, but he's been off and on recently, a LOT has happened in his RL recently so...he'll be around, but that's the best we can give you.  I mean, we can contact him directly, but in the end it's all about when he gets the time to check his Email and/or stop by here.

Sharyd

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 10:58:23 PM »
I'm eager for the info, but I'm not an ass, lol :D.

I'm not going to ask him to drop everything to help me. Just curious of how ofter he comes on.

Apologies, if that post above left a sour taste in your mouth, I come off rude on Forums... probably just the blunt way I ask questions.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 03:02:43 AM »
LOL!  No apology needed, I understood your intentions.  To be honest I can't really take a guess at the possibility of his checking in here, as it hasn't been any sort of routine at all.  We can only hope it'll be soon...or you could be waiting until...Thanksgiving ...thereabouts....perhaps...?

Like I said, we really can't tell. :/

....Ya, it sucks for everyone, can't help life though

RedTomax

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:22:59 PM »
Hello :)

Sharyd

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 01:15:15 PM »
Sorted out, RT.

I'm a Titan Member now, lol.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 01:27:44 PM »
Hello :)

LOL!  He just shows up outta the blue, such a timely appearance.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 04:21:17 AM »
Sorted out, RT.

I'm a Titan Member now, lol.

Likes your new avie. :P
-T
(aka Ani)

Sharyd