Author Topic: Character Images Don't Display?  (Read 3574 times)

ButteredSoul

• Underling
Character Images Don't Display?
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:42:52 PM »
Hi... I tried to set up my characters on CIT today.  Overall it went well, though it can't seem to recognize the Sonic Resonance Secondary on my controller.

I uploaded 200x200 pixel images for each of my characters.  They don't display anywhere, however.  Has this feature not been fully implemented yet or is something wrong?

Thanks!

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Character Images Don't Display?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »
Hmmm, not sure why your images wouldn't be working.  I just uploaded a few to test and it's still working fine.

If you go to the character profile of whatever you've uploaded images for, you don't see the big image on the left?

ButteredSoul

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:47:42 PM »
There is a big image, but it's either a big CoV icon or a big CoH icon.  The strange thing is that on the "My Characters" screen, in the "Img" column there is a little Custom Image icon.

The other strange thing is, when I uploaded the images (for 6 different characters), each time I was given a screen to select the viewable portion of my image and the image displayed just fine on that page.  Since my images were already sized to 200x200, I didn't need to do anything.

I tried both jpgs and2 24-pngs, and have had the same result regardless.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:20:47 AM »
Ahhh, yes, there is that bug.

If you upload an image that is exactly 200x200, the script doesn't know what to do :P   In the meantime, if you re-crop and upload images that are slightly larger (like 250x250 or more, just to be safe), it should work.

Sorry for the confusion.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 03:19:27 AM »
SP, please check the Mantis in regards to this item.  There is a Report in there that may be exactly this issue, no dimensions are stated but it sounds like it fits the profile.  Update that Report as you see fit.

ButteredSoul

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 05:20:51 AM »
Thanks!  Sure enough, that was the bug   ;D

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 08:06:38 AM »
SP, please check the Mantis in regards to this item.  There is a Report in there that may be exactly this issue, no dimensions are stated but it sounds like it fits the profile.  Update that Report as you see fit.
yeah, that's what i reported ...
didn't think that it would be the dimensions tho !

another bug squashed :D
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 01:42:29 PM »
LOL!  Ya, I had no idea we even had this problem until I saw your Report. :P (I'm still too lazy to re-upload all my Images...)

I just left it Active in Mantis incase SP wanted to add Help Text or something to the Site, that Report could be altered to state such changes.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2008, 02:56:19 PM »
Nah, it's a bug I want to squash. There should be no reason a 200x200 image shouldn't be accepted.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 03:58:04 AM »
Was this bug fixed yet? If not, it's happening to me. I just uploaded a 200x200 image of Kitty Chan and it's not showing up.

I can re-upload one slightly bigger if I need to, it's no problem.

Thanks! :)

By the way, the updates are coooool! :D
-T
(aka Ani)