Author Topic: Server Xfer in CIT and Multiple Global Handles per Titan Key  (Read 2594 times)

Dyffwd

• Minion
Server Xfer in CIT and Multiple Global Handles per Titan Key
« on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:24 PM »
Hey gang!  Long time no post.

Anyway, I was just going though my CGT/CIT stuff and noticed some a couple of features I'd like to request.

Many people have two accounts, mostly from before it was possible to purchase more character slots.  Unfortunately my characters all get the global handle for the account I signed up with.  I'd love to be able to assign the correct global to the characters on my other account.

The other feature is I'd like to be able to change which server a character is "associated" with.  I paid my $10 to move a character, but all I can do here is delete him from Liberty and let TNT add him to Virtue.  Then I have to verify all my badges again.  It's a bit of a pain, but can be worked with.  IMO it would be simpler to just let me make the server change here on the site, then log the character on the new server to confirm it.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dyffwd

• Minion
Re: Server Xfer in CIT and Multiple Global Handles per Titan Key
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 12:03:05 AM »
I logged a char on my 2nd account and see that it did indeed update the Global for that character, so I'm happy with that part.

Sharyd

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 12:05:58 AM »
I'll see what I can do.

Sounds easy enough to do.

Though TNT usually just reads from the instance of COH that is off the usual directory or the first one open (If you're dual boxing)...

And there might be a slight tweak need be made to TNT.

(Psst, did you know it's against the CoH ELUA to have multiple accounts? LOL... they're not going to care they get the money...lol)

This is going to be a long term feature. Probably around the same time the next version of TNT is released.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 12:21:49 AM »
There's a few issues with that we would need to address. It's definitely something we could do, but we'd need to make sure all the bases are covered.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 04:53:52 PM »
The other issue is that the game leaves your previous server in memory for about a minute, that is why sometimes when you switch characters and log right back into another it has the wrong server.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707