Author Topic: Badge Verification  (Read 15829 times)

desitre

• Underling
    • Registered Member
Badge Verification
« on: October 10, 2008, 11:54:16 PM »
I am farely new to the titan network and first of all I must say it is great.
I am having problems with my badges being verified, for some reason I cannot find a way to get my gladiator badges verified, I can get the other ones but I have to log ingame and use them as a tittle, but since you cant use gladiators as tittles I don't know how to have them verified. Can someone please help me?

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
    • COH Anonymous SG/ Black Sheep VG
Re: Badge Verification
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 12:06:51 AM »
You have to run some bind files. Read here and follow the instructions. :)
-T
(aka Ani)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 12:44:55 AM »
Gothess FTW!

yup yup... sadly you can't select the gladiators. but the settitle bind tools will go through virtually all the badges by setting via command (/settitle ###). As long as HeroStats or TNT is open as well... should load it up... Careful though because it takes a few moments for the programs to catch up with the numbers.
~Steinerd

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 03:09:17 AM »
Gothess FTW!

yup yup... sadly you can't select the gladiators. but the settitle bind tools will go through virtually all the badges by setting via command (/settitle ###). As long as HeroStats or TNT is open as well... should load it up... Careful though because it takes a few moments for the programs to catch up with the numbers.

Hehe, thank you, thank you very much! ;)

If only there was a way to ONLY run the bind files for gladiators. I hate running through them because it takes so long. :P
-T
(aka Ani)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 03:26:04 AM »
Don't worry, Soon enough... validation will have more options. (like CityVault, if/when that's ever released).
~Steinerd

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 04:51:15 PM »
And speaking of Gladiators... can someone verify this one for me, plz: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/gothess_ani/Badge%20Verification%20Screenies/anathema_gladiator_animatrix.jpg

I really don't want to run the bind files for just this one badge. :P
-T
(aka Ani)

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:38:51 PM »
And speaking of Gladiators... can someone verify this one for me, plz: http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/gothess_ani/Badge%20Verification%20Screenies/anathema_gladiator_animatrix.jpg

I really don't want to run the bind files for just this one badge. :P

Done
~Steinerd

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2008, 12:39:34 AM »
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
...If only there was a way to ONLY run the bind files for gladiators. I hate running through them because it takes so long. :P

Actually, there is a way. :P  It involves you having to know the Settitles #'s for the Gladiators (start/end range and Misc/Random Numbers) and going into the Worpad Documents that make up the Binds.  Delete all Files that do not hold the Gladiator Settitle Numbers, Rename the Text Documents remaining to be sequential (ie: 0, 1, 2, etc) and Save it.  Then load the Binds as normal and it will only Run those specific Settitles Numbers, thus only "seeing" the Gladiator Bades.

*The Renaming part isn't really necessary, but I find it easier to follow things that go in order.
*Also, we have the Settitles listed on the Badge List Pages in CIT, so all the Numbers are already there.

It's easy, I swear :P....so long as the beginning and ending scripts remain in place to alter and refresh your Bind Key.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2008, 04:24:46 PM »
There's a way we could automate the bind files, so you could pick and choose what "Category" you run... i.e. only run Exploration, or Gladiator, etc.

I'll talk to Mav and Steiner about it.

Catharctic

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2008, 04:27:21 PM »
There's a way we could automate the bind files, so you could pick and choose what "Category" you run... i.e. only run Exploration, or Gladiator, etc.

Dude, that would be awesome!

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2008, 05:35:57 PM »

damn, i've been thinking of suggesting that for a few days now !
(originally i thought making the Gladiators a seperate bind file)

next time i'm posting my ideas as soon as i can ;)
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
damn, i've been thinking of suggesting that for a few days now !
(originally i thought making the Gladiators a seperate bind file)

next time i'm posting my ideas as soon as i can ;)

seriously?

Cuz, I'm like a work-a-holic... and seeing ideas become reality gives me HAPPY ;D
~Steinerd

Shades29A

• Elite Boss
  • Cedo Nulli
    • City Info Tracker
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2008, 07:35:53 PM »
ok, down boy !

i'll let you know whenever i come up with an idea :)
Wii: 3579 7589 2003 1962 .:. Gamertag, Playfire & PSN: Shades29A[/B]

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2008, 08:02:20 PM »
Actually, there is a way. :P  It involves you having to know the Settitles #'s for the Gladiators (start/end range and Misc/Random Numbers) and going into the Worpad Documents that make up the Binds.  Delete all Files that do not hold the Gladiator Settitle Numbers, Rename the Text Documents remaining to be sequential (ie: 0, 1, 2, etc) and Save it.  Then load the Binds as normal and it will only Run those specific Settitles Numbers, thus only "seeing" the Gladiator Bades.

*The Renaming part isn't really necessary, but I find it easier to follow things that go in order.
*Also, we have the Settitles listed on the Badge List Pages in CIT, so all the Numbers are already there.

It's easy, I swear :P....so long as the beginning and ending scripts remain in place to alter and refresh your Bind Key.

Oooooh! I remember reading something like this before somewhere! But when I tried looking for it again I couldn't find it. Not sure if it was on these forums but most likely.

Taz... I MIGHT need a bit more thorough instructions, just so I know I'm doing it right, and if you don't mind. Unless that feature will be coming soon, then it's ok, I'll wait.  ;D
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 08:57:23 PM »
Best bet would be to wait just a little longer.  I'm not sure what all these guys are planning now lol, but it would probably make your life easier in the long run.  I'll give a brief rundown though, just incase you wanna get it done now.

-Open your "Binds" Folder, you'll see a "Settitle" Folder as well as a Text Document.
-Open the Settitle Folder, you'll see a bunch of Text Documents that when opened, look like this:

t "settitle 210$$settitle 211$$settitle 212$$settitle 213$$settitle 214$$settitle 215$$settitle 216$$settitle 217$$settitle 218$$settitle 219$$bindloadfile c:\binds\settitle\22.txt"

This example means that the File named "22" holds the Setittles for 210 - 219.  Gladiator Badges are Settitles 63 through 132 (not every number, but most) then 214, 215 and 220.  So what you want to do is Locate the Text Documents with those Numbers in it, as well as the "Done" file and delete everything else (ie, The Files named "6" through "13" , "21", "22" and "Done", you keep).

Then Rename the Files in sequence starting with 0, but do not mess with the "Done" file.  Save it and run the Binds in-game.  That should work.  If that is still complicated, then you might want wait for the new Bind Files :P.  I can't think entirely straight today, so if this isn't easy, I'm sorry :(.

-Note, though, if you ever wanted to grab all the Badges again, you'd have to re-download the whole Bind File from our Site.  Which means that your now Altered Bind File is going to get erased.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 08:57:57 PM »
The SetTitle file would be a nice addition to TNT. Make it tab, and have people select what badge sets to bind... it would be quite nice.
~Steinerd

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 10:56:13 PM »
Best bet would be to wait just a little longer.  I'm not sure what all these guys are planning now lol, but it would probably make your life easier in the long run.  I'll give a brief rundown though, just incase you wanna get it done now.

-Open your "Binds" Folder, you'll see a "Settitle" Folder as well as a Text Document.
-Open the Settitle Folder, you'll see a bunch of Text Documents that when opened, look like this:

t "settitle 210$$settitle 211$$settitle 212$$settitle 213$$settitle 214$$settitle 215$$settitle 216$$settitle 217$$settitle 218$$settitle 219$$bindloadfile c:\binds\settitle\22.txt"

This example means that the File named "22" holds the Setittles for 210 - 219.  Gladiator Badges are Settitles 63 through 132 (not every number, but most) then 214, 215 and 220.  So what you want to do is Locate the Text Documents with those Numbers in it, as well as the "Done" file and delete everything else (ie, The Files named "6" through "13" , "21", "22" and "Done", you keep).

Then Rename the Files in sequence starting with 0, but do not mess with the "Done" file.  Save it and run the Binds in-game.  That should work.  If that is still complicated, then you might want wait for the new Bind Files :P.  I can't think entirely straight today, so if this isn't easy, I'm sorry :(.

-Note, though, if you ever wanted to grab all the Badges again, you'd have to re-download the whole Bind File from our Site.  Which means that your now Altered Bind File is going to get erased.

Thanks, Taz.

I haven't tried it yet, but I looked in the Binds folder and I just see the text files, no other folder. And they are named differently from what you posted above... I think I made a booboo somewhere downloading some other bind files a while back. Should I redownload the bind files?

The instructions are good. It's just me. I can't cook, solve a hard math problem, or anything with many steps without the step-by-step instructions. Sigh. But I LOVE learning new things! :P
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 11:28:14 PM »
Hehehe, always up for a challenge, I like that.  Well, what are the files named exactly?  You probably should just delete yours and re-download them, but I want to know what you have before that :P.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 12:15:58 AM »
I confused myself. I thought you meant that string of text with the $ symbols was the name of the files. But still no other folder in the binds folder. And I still think these are not the right ones from the Titan Network for TNT...

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh79/gothess_ani/Miscellaneous/binds_folder_files.jpg
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 12:52:54 AM »
Ah, I seem to have developed a knack for not wording things very well as of late :D, sorry.  Glad you figured it out though.  Perhaps you got those from BW?  They have a set themselves, it could be.  No matter though, I'd recommend downloading ours just so we're on the same Page - Titan Binds.  If you get stuck or something gets confusing, you can always delete the whole thing and start over.

As a side note, I did just try it and it worked.  I could Email you the Files (or a zipped version of the whole thing) and you could just dump them into your Binds Folder.  If you want, let me know.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »
Nah, I just speed read way too often. I skipped over "-Open the Settitle Folder, you'll see a bunch of Text Documents that when opened..." :P

And since you already have the files feel free to send them. :)

Thanks!
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 02:13:55 AM »
Email Sent.  I changed it a little, so it's not exactly as I wrote the instructions on.  Nothing to be concerned about, I just didn't need all the Settitles from the Files, so I edited them accordingly.  I also forgot to mention the ending part of each File:

bindloadfile c:\binds\settitle\14.txt"

That tells the File named "13" to automatically open File named "14" when it's done with it's Binds.  You have to alter those as well when you Rename each file.  Or else the entire Bind won't work since it is essentially "missing" all the Files.

Shorts

• Minion
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »
The SetTitle file would be a nice addition to TNT. Make it tab, and have people select what badge sets to bind... it would be quite nice.
That way one could argue that getting a bind file for only the missing badges would be easy. At least this has been suggested before, however I can't find the post right now.
Excreta ergo sum.

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 07:08:59 PM »
That way one could argue that getting a bind file for only the missing badges would be easy. At least this has been suggested before, however I can't find the post right now.

Perhaps a script can be generated to only contain the #'s for the Missing Badges on a per Toon basis.  Admins, is this even possible?  Auto-generate a Bind File for designated Badge (ie, Unobtained or Unverified only...or both) that is created for use of only a single specific Toon.

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2008, 07:24:43 PM »
Yes

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2008, 07:28:48 PM »
Yes

I'm sorry to threadjack here too, but your avatar makes me think you are yelling with every post - :P
(either that or crazy)
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2008, 08:00:05 PM »
I have the same notion. CAPS all your responses, add to the funny! :gonk:
~Steinerd

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
Looks like a frozen buck-tooth 3-D smilie.  Kinda creepy in a very minor way.

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »
Looks like a frozen buck-tooth 3-D smilie.  Kinda creepy in a very minor way.

And yours is all cutesy and stuff... :P

Note to self: create new avie. :)
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2008, 01:33:46 PM »
It's only temporary, but thanks for the compliment :D.

To try and steer us back on Topic though, have you tried the Binds I sent you?

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »
Email Sent.  I changed it a little, so it's not exactly as I wrote the instructions on.  Nothing to be concerned about, I just didn't need all the Settitles from the Files, so I edited them accordingly.  I also forgot to mention the ending part of each File:

bindloadfile c:\binds\settitle\14.txt"

That tells the File named "13" to automatically open File named "14" when it's done with it's Binds.  You have to alter those as well when you Rename each file.  Or else the entire Bind won't work since it is essentially "missing" all the Files.

I set-up the folder. I looked in each file for the "bindloadfile..." string you mentioned above and they are all there. So, not sure if it's supposed to go elsewhere also or if you just forgot that you actually did put it in there.

I'll run the files a little later and let ya know if they worked as intended... I think I have a character that needed the gladiators verified. :)
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2008, 06:40:44 PM »
Nope, it's supposed to be there.  My first Post in this Thread mentioned every change that was needed to be made EXCEPT for that String item.  Since I forgot all about it during the entire conversation here, I figured I'd mention it the moment I remembered it and emailed you everything.

So if you removed your other Binds Download (Folders and all) and then extracted my Zip file to your C: Drive, it should be good to go.  No changes needed on your end. :)

gothess

• Lieutenant
  • Dodge This!
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:20 PM »
Ah, I see. Well it worked. My gladiators on my main villain are all now verified. Thank you! :D
-T
(aka Ani)

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2008, 08:47:09 PM »
Superb! ;D

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network