Author Topic: add dated when badges acheive  (Read 4894 times)

Kermy

• Underling
add dated when badges acheive
« on: November 27, 2008, 07:55:03 PM »
would it be possible to add the date when the badge was procured? 

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: add dated when badges acheive
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 03:04:52 AM »
hmmm... not a shabby extra feature.

And I'm all about giving our user's features that the COH client doesn't even give. :D

Titan Devs, need your logic on this... not necessary, but could be a pretty cool feature.
~Steinerd

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:39:43 PM »
We're already storing it ;)

IceHeart

• Boss
  • a.k.a 'Ice' - Shadow Souls' Top Cat
    • Shadow Souls
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 02:03:43 PM »
Keeping in mind, of course, that this is the date when the badge was gathered "TO" CIT.
I don't expect there is any way to gather and save the true/original date of earning the badge in game, is it?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 03:10:47 PM »
I don't believe so, since we're scanning the chat channels and not the actual in-game badge listings...

I'm personally looking for a way to grab said "table" from in-game. And have just one giant "YOINK!", which would do wonders for all tracker tools, mainly because they won't need to utilize the quite large (by large I mean resource craving) ChatMessagesregx.dat (or w/e it's called) that the scanner dll uses.

Our Badge DB tables already have the settitle # (if not they will) and sending numbers across any POST connection of any sort always seemed faster. Might be able to trump the hangup in glycerine.

As for this topic, SP has advised me to create a simple "Recently Collected" report, to be added among the ranks of the Low-Hanging and In-Game Comparison reports.

More on that in a few.. :D
~Steinerd

Mayisal

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 09:11:25 PM »
Since I have no idea where I should post this, I might as well post it here.
It's also a big possibility the herostat and titan devs already explored this, but found out it was a dead end.

However if not, it might be helpful information in obtaining the badges in another way then reading the chat tabs.

I used "cheat engine" to scan to the memory of CoH for badgenames, and noticed the results were useless or non-existent. However if you open your Personal Information and go to the badges tab, the results get much more promising. (One of the badges I search for was "Pocket D VIP").
I also searched for the string "329 badges earned" (showing in top of the badges-tab) and found a hit as well, which might suggest it is an entry point.

Too bad I'm very new to cheat engine and IDA pro (free version), so I have no idea how to search on from this point.

Please let me know if it is helpful, or to STFU if I'm completely on the wrong track.
Everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 01:49:35 AM »
No, you're not wrong.

You're searching strings in a General User Interface... (I use cheatengine too) and the memory region that it would need to scan to obtain the information is useless because it's always in a different location. Where as the chats are always between two locations, we can have MUCH less of an area to scan.

Even in this regard... there is still the fact that this will just give us badges, where there is A LOT more that we would need from the client that simply don't have a common location in the memory to extract it from.

I will look into it right now. Because I too hate the fact the scanner almost completely relies on the chat channels.
~Steinerd

Mayisal

• Underling
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »
Hmm and what about a complete different approach?

Since the characters are stored server side, all the information of the character is probably retrieved the moment you login with your character.

This means all the information will be (one way or the other) in the IP-packages it recieves. Granted it might be difficult to figure out which packages are interesting. However, since noone still has been able to find the badgelist in memory, it might be easier to get the information from here.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 01:09:47 PM »
I don't think it works that way.  I think the client only sends what it needs when it needs it.

I don't think the badge information gets called until you actually click on the tab for it.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 03:10:59 PM »
The badge list IS in the memory region. No doubt about it!

The only downside is, we don't know how they have the list formatted.

We're just assuming it's Badgename:yes within the same text chunk... but the badge names/references and the character true/false values are probably leaps and bounds away from each other in that hex mess.

That and, I'm pretty sure they're referencing the badges by their P names, P2345465645 (<-made up)... which would make sense since the clients can't assume what language you speak client to client, and the P names are global.
~Steinerd

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »
Couldn't we search for the P(#) Names in memory and just have a map table?

Not sure how long it would take to search the memory that the Client is using?
@Voltaic Shock[/b]

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Mayisal

• Underling
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 06:12:18 PM »
I have no doubt the badges are in memory somewhere. But before they can be in memory they have to be fetched from the server. Or rather the fact that you did or didn't earned the badge, needs to be fetched from the server. And maybe if you find the packages that contain this information you'll get some information on what you need to find in memory

And what's wrong with having to open de badge tab, before the badges are fetched from the server (and thus read), it's still a lot faster than using the settitle badge, which now needs 120 'T'-presses + the need to download and install yet another tool.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 07:09:25 PM »
I wasn't saying it's a problem with opening up the badge tab, was just suggesting this might have to be done to see the badges in memory.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]