Author Topic: Problems logging in  (Read 3825 times)

migellito

• Underling
Problems logging in
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:55:39 AM »
Hi :)  I needed to change the global name associated with my titan key, so that glycerine would get information from the actual account I'm currently playing on.  I guess.. I have been totally unable to find any kind of documentation whatsoever for Glycerine, not even a basic 'you need to have it running while you play' on the download page or anything.  I'm assuming I need to have it running while I play?  It hasn't installed some sort of game addon that just automatically runs when I start up CoH?  I really wish it said something about basic stuff like this, at least.

Anyway, I'm guessing I need to change the global name associated with my titan key.  However, when I go to the Titan Key login page, enter my username and pass, and click submit, nothing happens.  It either just sits there, saying 'done' or it clears the fields.  I've double checked my login, and even did the whole 'I forgot my pass' and made sure I put in the exact username and pass from the email by copy/pasting.  Same thing.. can't get to my Titan Key profile page at all.

Any ideas?

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Problems logging in
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
Other Users have come across this before.  What Browser are you using and when was the last time you cleared your Cookies?

Have you tried using other Browsers, if so, did it happen there as well?  If not, are you able to test this on another Browser?

migellito

• Underling
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »
I'm using the latest firefox, and generally don't clear cookies, since I would then have to re-enter tons of information on over 100 websites.. heh.  I'll look for any titan-related cookies and delete them.

I suppose I could try it on IE..   *shudder*

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 05:46:41 PM »
LOL!  Well, can't say I blame you there.  Did you manage to locate all Titan Cookies and remove them?

migellito

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 04:26:34 PM »
I got the cookies hunted down, and it worked.  I was able to log in and change my global name :)

thanks!

Lady Thanatos

• Minion
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »
I'm using the latest firefox, and generally don't clear cookies, since I would then have to re-enter tons of information on over 100 websites.. heh. 

Just touching on the above comment.

It is possible to setup Firefox to clear all cookies when the browser closes other than those sites on the exceptions list. Go to Tools > Options > Privacy [tab] and tick off 'Accept cookies from sites' and change the drop-down menu to 'Until I close Firefox'. To setup your safe list, click the 'Exceptions...' button. Type in the root URL, pick your option (which would be 'Allow' for permanent cookies), and you're off to the races. Never want a site to store a cookie on your machine? Put it on the 'Block' list.

Mind you after a HD reinstall, I only have 21 perma-cookies which wasn't too bad to setup. I'm also a tad overprotective of what can be stored on my machine without my succinct permission, little text files or no.  :roll:

-- Lady T