Author Topic: Issue 13 Hero Designer is now available!  (Read 9859 times)

Mids

• Elite Boss
Issue 13 Hero Designer is now available!
« on: December 10, 2008, 10:16:12 PM »
The most recent update to Mids' Hero & Villain Designer is now available, with support for Issue 13!

You can get it from www.cohplanner.com or via the program's auto-update feature if you already have a previous version.

Please note that to install this new version, you will be prompted to un-install your old version first, as some of the changes to features and deployment may not behave as expected otherwise.

The Microsoft uninstaller is quite well behaved and should leave your saved builds right where they are, as it has throughout testing, but I still advise backing them up anyhow.

This release has a new default save location inside the current user's My Documents folder to be more sensible and Vista-friendly. It's recommended, but not essential, that you move your save files to there after installing.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Re: Issue 13 Hero Designer is now available!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 10:31:55 PM »
The Microsoft uninstaller is quite well behaved and should leave your saved builds right where they are, as it has throughout testing, but I still advise backing them up anyhow.
This is good advice, since my saves did get deleted when I ran the uninstaller! :-[

Fortunately, I was able to undelete them, so no harm done :)

Edit: Hmm, wasn't there plans to support alt builds within the planner, rather than just multiple files? Did that get canned/pushed back, or am I just not seeing it?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 10:41:05 PM by Fleeting Whisper »

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 10:45:37 PM »
And now we see one of the reasons why i'm moving away from the Microsoft Windows Installer system. :-\

Test it performing a task over and over with different configurations, and then it STILL does something weird for someone.  :(
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

eldandil

• Minion
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 11:46:55 PM »
Hurray, Mids!

And there was much rejoicing and childlike fanfare, and confetti covered the streets as flower petals after a summer rain.

;D

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 01:26:11 AM »
Yay!  Go Mids!   :D
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »
...And there was much rejoicing and childlike fanfare, and confetti covered the streets as flower petals after a summer rain....

Totally Awesome! 8)

High_Beam

• Underling
    • Babes of War
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 09:28:47 PM »
Huzzah!!!!!  Excellent work old bean!

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 10:16:05 PM »
Dashed good of you to say so, old chap!
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.