Author Topic: Data Link  (Read 3903 times)

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
Data Link
« on: December 11, 2008, 02:50:19 AM »
Data Link: Cool
Less cool: No option to open data links in an already-open window :(

Some people like to have multiple Mids' windows open, I'm sure, but I prefer to have only one open. I'd love it if there were an option to open Data Links in the current instance of the program. (This also lets me open the Data Link faster, since I don't have to load the program a second time) :D

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: Data Link
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 04:29:36 AM »
Data Link?

I'm confused... Now I've seen the apps source... it's really not setup to do cross-application support, nor realize there is more than one window of the same application open.

The numbers and controls are pure genius, no doubt... but MIDS's app isn't as "robust" as you seem to think it is...

There is some big changes coming soon between Mids and a new planner site, this might be an opportunity to setup mids as an MDI (It can have multiple windows in the same application... image firefox or IE7).

There is a good chance that if I get the green light to edit the source from Mids and the other Titan Admins that this might happen sooner than later, because I too run multiple instances of Mids, which can effect the computer... having the same form opened multiple times under the same parent window MIGHT be an easier alternative.
~Steinerd

SaintNicster

• Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 04:05:20 PM »
You're misunderstanding, Steiner ...

The "Data link" replaces having to copy in the data chunk from an export
Here's an example.  Click the "Click this DataLink to open the build!"

He actually sends the data chunk to the web site.  This makes a copy of the build file that is then downloaded onto your computer.  The program has associated the file type so that Mids opens the files.  If you have a copy of Mids already open, it doesn't open it in that copy.  Instead, a new instance of the program is started instead of prompting to save and then opening the imported build.

I don't know if Mids needs to enable this on the program, or if we need to set something in windows...

Data Link?

I'm confused... Now I've seen the apps source... it's really not setup to do cross-application support, nor realize there is more than one window of the same application open.

The numbers and controls are pure genius, no doubt... but MIDS's app isn't as "robust" as you seem to think it is...

There is some big changes coming soon between Mids and a new planner site, this might be an opportunity to setup mids as an MDI (It can have multiple windows in the same application... image firefox or IE7).

There is a good chance that if I get the green light to edit the source from Mids and the other Titan Admins that this might happen sooner than later, because I too run multiple instances of Mids, which can effect the computer... having the same form opened multiple times under the same parent window MIGHT be an easier alternative.

Mids

• Elite Boss
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 04:59:37 PM »
I don't know if Mids needs to enable this on the program, or if we need to set something in windows...
It's something that needs doing at my end, and is on The List.
Give me Fire.
Give me Information.

Fleeting Whisper

• Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
It's something that needs doing at my end, and is on The List.
Awesome :D