Author Topic: Incorrect powerset listed  (Read 5144 times)

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
Incorrect powerset listed
« on: December 14, 2008, 01:28:42 AM »
I deleted all characters listed and started from scratch, since I haven't used this since forever and a day ago.

First character I added is a Martial Arts/Regeneration scrapper. Primary powerset stays correct until I verify badges, at which point it shows primary as Katana! I've deleted this character 5 times and tried again, logging out and back in each time, and it still keeps reseting Martial Arts to Katana.
Any suggestions, other than pulling more of my hair out?
Thanks.

Bruisefairy
Whenever you find a little spot of hurt and discolor that you don't remember getting... I was there!

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
Re: Incorrect powerset listed
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 02:37:06 AM »
Reroll as Katana/Regen?

(Sorry.  Not helping, but I couldn't resist.)
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 03:22:40 PM »
Which Powers specifically are you using after you Verify Badges?

Perhaps the one(s) Gly is seeing are confusing it to believe it's Katana.  Shot in the dark....

Actually, once you are done Verifying and Gly has the incorrect Powersets....Log off that Toon and play something else.  After a little while, come back to it and don't Verify Badges (since they are already done) and just use the Powersets.  That should have Gly read properly without any interference.

LKN-351

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
on a couple of my toons it doesnt show any powersets.

and it doesnt show my supergroup on any but my main which i created the character instead of letting TNT and recently gly create it
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 03:14:05 PM by the_darken_side »

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 03:30:18 PM »
Darken, your SG not recording correctly sounds like what I've seen on a couple of characters.  Does it show correctly in the UI when you're looking at Glycerine, but not get recorded on the CIT site?
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 06:34:21 PM »
The thing is, I'm not using any power sets at all. I verify the badges and log out of the game altogether and when I go to CIT and check the page to see the verification of the badges, that's when the powerset is changed to Katana. The character in question is a lvl 50 Martial Arts scrapper.

When I get home from work today I'll try your suggestion.
Wish me luck!
Whenever you find a little spot of hurt and discolor that you don't remember getting... I was there!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 07:35:56 PM »
Without using any Powers at all, Gly should be saying "unknown" for each Powerset, thus Updating accordingly.  I can't see how "Katana" is coming about from "unknown"...that's interesting...

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 06:43:01 AM »
Ok, tonight I used Hero Stats and the settitle bindfile to verify the badges, without ever activating any powers. As soon as I checked the CIT page for the character, it said Katana. I had created the toon in CIT and set up the basic info before verifying, so it was already set as Martial Arts before any info was sent from the game to the page via Hero Stats.

It worked correctly on my blaster without changing the power sets to something else....

I give up!
 :gonk:

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 01:58:57 PM »
Ok, tonight I used Hero Stats and the settitle bindfile to verify the badges, without ever activating any powers. As soon as I checked the CIT page for the character, it said Katana. I had created the toon in CIT and set up the basic info before verifying, so it was already set as Martial Arts before any info was sent from the game to the page via Hero Stats.
You can see what HeroStats thinks your powersets are - do View->Show Hero Info and it'll display in the main HeroStats window. If you find that HeroStats actually says Katana, send me the HSD save file and I'll try to figure out what's going on.
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »
That is exactly it! I checked it tonight and sure enough, Hero Stats is identifying Martial Arts as Katana. I've emailed the HSD file to you.

Thanks!

ineffablebob

• Lieutenant
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 02:48:35 AM »
Found the problem via emails with BruiseFairy - the incorrect powerset was saved in the HeroStats hero config file. Once he removed the incorrect information from the hero config file, all was well. If anyone else has this issue, try the fix documented here: http://herostats.org/release-notes.html#Known_Issue_Identical_Chars_Powersets
Skip

Character List
HeroStats Developer
Proud Member of Legion of Valor and Fallen Legion

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 03:18:28 AM »
Idea!

/whereami

It will put the shard and zone into chat, might be able to use that upon server switching...
~Steinerd

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 03:31:02 AM »
Found the problem via emails with BruiseFairy - the incorrect powerset was saved in the HeroStats hero config file. Once he removed the incorrect information from the hero config file, all was well. If anyone else has this issue, try the fix documented here: http://herostats.org/release-notes.html#Known_Issue_Identical_Chars_Powersets

Yay for someone else who understands how this thing works!
All info is correct on CIT now.
Thanks so much for the help!

-Bruisefairy

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 01:18:15 PM »
With all of this, here's a silly question...was the "Ignore Saved Powersets" item ever checked off in your ventures?  If it was and Katana kept showing up, I'd say that's another problem, if it wasn't, then we now know why this whole thing happened.

Bruisefairy

• Underling
  • COH Pride!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 07:52:38 PM »
It was checked on _default, but I had a whole bunch of characters saved already. I hadn't used Hero Stats in over a year and I did have a Katana/Regen of the same name on another server at one point.
I'm just an idiot... didn't bother checking settings or anything because I didn't realize there was a bunch of stuff that I could fiddle with that wasn't there the last time I used Hero Stats on a regular basis.
Now I know better!

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 08:05:29 PM »
No offense meant to you by any means, I just had to ask that....because I finally remembered the option after Skip mentioned it >_<.  I had to make it a point to click "No" whenever the Save question is asked, and to clear out the Save Files that happen to get saved without my permission.  That gets done once every few months....whenever I remember to do it :P.