Author Topic: Update on paragonwiki downtime?  (Read 3838 times)

Mayisal

• Underling
Update on paragonwiki downtime?
« on: December 24, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »
Since this morning I'm not able to reach paragonwiki, either via www.paragonwiki.com or wiki.cohtitan.com.
Is it just my problem (Couldn't reach it from work and home, so I don't think it is :-[ )

If it is a general problem: Could we get an update on the problem/expected downtime?

thanks in advance
Everyone needs to believe in something, I believe I'll have another beer.

IceHeart

• Boss
  • a.k.a 'Ice' - Shadow Souls' Top Cat
    • Shadow Souls
Re: Update on paragonwiki downtime?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 01:31:45 PM »
I can say i haven't been able to reach it either this morn, so its not only you...

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 04:46:08 PM »
This is the first I'm checking in today.  Seems to be OK right now.  Haven't heard anything from Tony about any server resets or anything this morning, so I'm not sure what happened.

Edit:  I stand corrected.  This outage appears to be the same thing we saw back around the 18th.  It's being investigated, but our official status at the moment is "puzzled".  Sekioa reset the server late this morning (late being relative depending on your time zone), so we're back up again.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 04:51:16 PM by eabrace »
Titan Twitter broadcasting at 5.000 mWh and growing.
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 05:39:16 PM »
You should talk with your ring of devs over there and see if ya'll can create a crono-job that runs once an hour that pings your server, and on error, run a restart command.

Should be easily done if on apache.
~Steinerd

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »
I'll point that suggestion out.

I think right now we're focusing more on locating the actual problem since we've got a pretty good idea what the symptoms look like.  (CPU pegs, I/O spikes and then bottoms out.)

I'm leaving it firmly in the hands of the folks who understand server stuff and just watching the conversation to see if I learn anything new.  :)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:17:09 AM by eabrace »
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin
I was once being interviewed by Barbara Walters...In between two of the segments she asked me..."But what would you do if the doctor gave you only six months to live?" I said, "Type faster." - Isaac Asimov

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 09:23:13 AM »
*refresh* *twitch* *scratchscratchscratch* *twitch* *scratch* *refresh*
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal

eabrace

• Titan Moderator
  • Elite Boss
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:30 AM »
I know.  I was trying to upload an example image of a fully trained Genin and link it to a post in the forums when both of them choked.   :'(
Titan Facebook

Paragon Wiki admin

Aggelakis

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 11:01:38 AM »
The forum is error-nuked again, and the image you uploaded is errored as well! :O
Bob Dole!! Bob Dole. Bob Dole! Bob Dole. Bob Dole. Bob Dole... Bob Dole... Bob... Dole...... Bob...

ParagonWiki
OuroPortal