Author Topic: Still unable to create/update profile in CoH Faces  (Read 5480 times)

Archiviste

• Underling
    • My City of Heroes' characters
Still unable to create/update profile in CoH Faces
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
This is a continuation of a previous topic I posted on January 2nd.

I thought about updating it, then I saw this little warning on the "Post Reply" window:
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 10 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Okely-dokely, I'll start a new rant^h^h^h^h^h topic...

Still unable to create a profile under CoH Faces. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.10 under Windows XP SP 2.

I fill out the mandatory fields (real name, email and display name), and when I try and press "Save Changes", I get the following screen:

"There was a database error. An email has been sent to the admins, and the beatings will continue until this is corrected!"

Well, I pity the poor admins, who has been beaten up repeatedly for the past 10 days or so - because I tried half a dozen time since then, with the same results.

On a whim, I clicked on the "My Profile" link on the main CohFaces page, and got this tidbit: look under "My Friends", instead of saying something like "nothing yet", it proudly displays "A PHP Error was encountered, Severity: Warning, Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach(), Filename: views\profile_view.php, Line Number: 68

Guys, maybe this link would be useful: http://php.net

I first posted this topic under the Bugs thread of the CoHFaces section of the Titan Forums on January 2nd, and no-one has replied to it. I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that "CoHFaces is worth revisiting"...

EDIT: By the way, I followed the instructions in the Basic Troubleshooting for the Daily User stickied thread, same results as before...
If you're going through hell, keep going.
- Winston Churchill

SuckerPunch

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
Re: Still unable to create/update profile in CoH Faces
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:09 PM »
Sorry for the delay.  I don't know how this flew under the radar for so long.

It looks like your Titan Key got linked up to a bad Faces ID (the old way we used to tie accounts together).  I cleaned up the problem and you should be good to go.

Guys, maybe this link would be useful: http://php.net

Hurf durf look how funny you are :P

Archiviste

• Underling
    • My City of Heroes' characters
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:41:43 PM »
Sorry for the delay.  I don't know how this flew under the radar for so long.

It looks like your Titan Key got linked up to a bad Faces ID (the old way we used to tie accounts together).  I cleaned up the problem and you should be good to go.

Hurf durf look how funny you are :P

Thanks for the speedy (this time around...  :o) reply...

I was being only half-facetious: I do use php.net in lieu of reference books when I program in php myself...
If you're going through hell, keep going.
- Winston Churchill

SelectiveApathy

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2009, 03:40:33 AM »
I'm not even sure how long I've had my Titan Key, and I'm having the same problem with CoH Faces. I can only conclude that the solution would be the same.

maraclec

• Underling
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 10:25:59 PM »
Hi there,
  I am having the same issue CoH Faces.  I assume that it's because I've had my Titan key for awhile as well.  I would grateful for any assistance that can be provided.

Thank you very much.