Author Topic: A few Issues  (Read 4959 times)

GtrSoloist

• Underling
A few Issues
« on: March 19, 2009, 08:02:19 AM »
I've noticed some strange stuff happening the last couple of days and thought I would share:

1) Character description gets erased from profile page when using glycerine. If Herostats is used instead, the data reappears.

2) However, Herostats just started having problems connecting with titan network on 3/17/09. I checked my titan account and noticed that nothing has been updated via herostats.  Delving a little deeper, I checked the hslog files and noticed that there is nothing but errors from titan network returning mostly "error 404 file not found, " when herostats trys to send data to titan network.

Is anyone else having these problems? Suggestions?

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
Re: A few Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
OOOO, A nicely formatted post of issues, these always come in quite handy!

#1 has been answered here

As for #2, I was unaware of these issues. It wouldn't be a BIG surprise to see that the WebService (The secure cross platform data connection hub) is being selective like that... I'm building a slightly more efficient way for HS to send it's data to us, that should compliment future versions of Glyc and HS alike.

Keep your eye on the news item, I will post these changes on the main site (http://cohtitan.com) in the news sections upon completion.
~Steinerd

ohms

• Boss
    • OV website
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 03:51:38 PM »
2) However, Herostats just started having problems connecting with titan network on 3/17/09. I checked my titan account and noticed that nothing has been updated via herostats.  Delving a little deeper, I checked the hslog files and noticed that there is nothing but errors from titan network returning mostly "error 404 file not found, " when herostats trys to send data to titan network.

Is anyone else having these problems? Suggestions?

I can confirm this one. I've had no updates using herostats since the 17th.

Doc Scorpion

• Underling
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 04:26:29 PM »
I can confirm this one. I've had no updates using herostats since the 17th.

I'm having the same problem....  the hslog error message is:

2009-03-19 09:09:43,196 [5] ERROR WebIntegration.TitanUpdateWebRequest - Failure when making WebRequest to the Titan Network sites: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "
" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(String Value)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToInteger(Object Value)
   at titanvault.UpdateCharacter(Int32 intTID, String strToonName, String strArchetype, String strServer, String intLevel, String strOrigin, String strStatus, String intInfluence, Int32 intExperience, String strPrimarySet, String strSecondarySet, String strEpicSet, String strBio, String strGlobalHandle, String strSupergroup, String strClientTag, String strTheTitle, String strCommonTitle, String strOriginTitle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at WebIntegration.TitanVaultWebService.titanvault.UpdateCharacter(Int32 intTID, String strToonName, String strArchetype, String strServer, String intLevel, String strOrigin, String strStatus, String intInfluence, Int32 intExperience, String strPrimarySet, String strSecondarySet, String strEpicSet, String strBio, String strGlobalHandle, String strSupergroup, String strClientTag, String strTheTitle, String strCommonTitle, String strOriginTitle)
   at WebIntegration.TitanUpdateWebRequest.Execute()

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:41:58 PM »
Yup... seems the webservice HS uses is going down, suckie.
~Steinerd

GtrSoloist

• Underling
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 08:13:02 AM »
Thanks for the responses, and for being on top of everything Steiner!

Notelpatsyar

• Underling
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 04:14:42 PM »
AH......and I just got all my toons posted, so I could taunt my friends.... :o
oh well, best of luck in getting their web server un-suckie again.
Hopefully soon..as one of my toons will soon hit 50!!!!!!!!! (49.2)

A big thanks for stepping in and taking over, go cohtitan! :D

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 05:34:17 PM »
Odd that the services are down.  I'll check it out.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »
Steiner was saying something about the Webservice and Gly....there's too much chatter all of a sudden on our Boards lol.  You'll have to get the specific details from him and Skip as to what's going on.

Voltaic Shock

• Elite Boss
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 07:21:05 PM »
Steiner was saying something about the Webservice and Gly....there's too much chatter all of a sudden on our Boards lol.  You'll have to get the specific details from him and Skip as to what's going on.

Thanks!

I just checked the web services and they seem to be working.
@Voltaic Shock[/b]
TN Admin, CIT Co-Creator, CGT Developer, Obsolete
---------------------------

http://www.motorcyclistsunited.com/  http://www.YourFreeiPhone.com/index.php?ref=5292707

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 09:02:16 PM »
I'm thinking it more of a tie between where the TitanVault WS is sending it's data, than the WS up on the old cit addy.

With the new beefyness that the TN just got, I don't see an issue with hosting that WS locally.
~Steinerd

Blargeth

• Underling
    • blargmedia inc.
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 05:40:38 AM »
Hi there,

I'm getting the same errors connecting to Titan from HeroStats. I noticed that these are the same errors I saw earlier this year.

See this thread.

Maybe someone could dig into what Suckerpunch fixed in that instance?
--
@blarg
[ www | tw | gp ]

Tazhyngarth

• Elite Boss
    • Titan Network
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 01:02:04 PM »
Interesting how the "Recently Tracked" section on CIT is being Updated, however a lot of people are having problems connecting.  It's apparently not affecting everyone, or it's something that is up and down so fast, we don't know what's really going on.

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 01:34:09 PM »
Hi there,

I'm getting the same errors connecting to Titan from HeroStats. I noticed that these are the same errors I saw earlier this year.

See this thread.

Maybe someone could dig into what Suckerpunch fixed in that instance?

The server actually went down for a few hours during that event... hence why I believe that the WS up on the old CIT address (the WebService HS uses) is somehow let letting things through.
~Steinerd

Fallen Angel Eyes

• Minion
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 01:44:28 PM »
I can confirm the same issue with the same errors in my log files as Doc Scorpion, still happening as of today.

mereman

• Underling
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »
I'm having the same as Doc Scorpion. Been like that a few days now.

Suzumebachi

• Minion
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 11:56:46 PM »
I'm also failing to update automatically from Herostats (v4.4.1.0)

The error in the chat messages log is:

Failure when making WebRequest to the Titan Network sites: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "<br />" to type 'Integer' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Trying to convert an html line break into an integer would be a problem  :D

Steiner

• Elite Boss
    • Steinerd.com
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 02:16:07 AM »
I can't find where in the original catch scripts this error is coming from folks.

So I'm in the midst of creating a brand-new in-house Web Service for HS to use, and then I'm going to POSSIBLY try and retrofit Glycerine with it... Glyc does pretty well as is... but if I can make it work smarter and/or faster I'll probably use the same tool.
~Steinerd

Notelpatsyar

• Underling
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 12:42:01 PM »
No Problem - I switched to Gylcerine and it starrted tracking....can use it till the other is fixed.
49.6 and climbing..... :o

We do appriciate you working on the site to maintain and update it. Thanks